Kaep enhances his job prospects by taking on Betsy Ross

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kaep isnt the one choosing the flag. Read the thread and linked articles. Various White Nationalist groups have appropriated the flag. I think they finally wised up that the Confederate flag was too obvious a choice for their racism, so they are hiding behind our Revolutionary Flag. If you have a problem with it, take it up with them.

Irony is a major tool of radicalizing youth. It's "just a joke" when they get caught, but they are dead serious otherwise.

The fact it's tied to 4chan doesnt make it any better, as that is a bastion of neo-Nazis as it is.

Is your day job a reporter for CNN?  A bunch of stoner teenaged hackers decided one night to make a totally innocuous hand symbol 'toxic' by spreading a meme that it's a 'white supremacy symbol'.  Guess what?  it worked because we're so used to declaring people Guilty Due To The Severity Of The Charge regarding racism that nobody (especially the reporters, the ones who insisted that the 2nd generation immigrant from Mexico who happened to be at Trump's press conference was a 'white supremacist' because she made the OK hand symbol) bothered to see if any of this was true because they had more fun shrieking RACISM at 120 decibels.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dorquemada said:

Or, alternatively, it's BS.  When everything is a symbol of racism, nothing is a symbol of racism.  It's exhausting having a peanut gallery of professional victims that spend all of their emotional energy screeching RACISM at every little thing.  Classic attention seeking behavior that shouldn't be encouraged.

I’m not gonna get bogged down in the larger point you’re making. But Nike isn’t in the business of making multi million dollar marketing decisions based on BS. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

It's not "everything". And if you have a problem with it, take it up with the White Nationalists.

So if some douchebag white supremacist waves a current American flag, we can't use that any more either?  Where the hell does this madness end?

• Like (+1) 2

Is your day job a reporter for CNN?  A bunch of stoner teenaged hackers decided one night to make a totally innocuous hand symbol 'toxic' by spreading a meme that it's a 'white supremacy symbol'.  Guess what?  it worked because we're so used to declaring people Guilty Due To The Severity Of The Charge regarding racism that nobody (especially the reporters, the ones who insisted that the 2nd generation immigrant from Mexico who happened to be at Trump's press conference was a 'white supremacist' because she made the OK hand symbol) bothered to see if any of this was true because they had more fun shrieking RACISM at 120 decibels.

^^^Fully Triggered.

So if some douchebag white supremacist waves a current American flag, we can't use that any more either?  Where the hell does this madness end?

Funny, because they typically only use the flags of enemies of America. LOSER enemies at that. Nazi flags and Confederate flags.

USA 2-0

• Like (+1) 1

Almost all of the first 18 presidents owned slaves including Washington, Jefferson, Andrew Jackson and Grant. Even Ben Franklin owned slaves but eventually became a staunch abolitionist. Does Kaepernick refrain from carrying US currency that has Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Grant and Franklin's picture? I guess we should remove all of them from our money. 

Political correctness run amok, this is right up there with the most ridiculous things. It's not the rest of the country's fault that some extremists are using the original US flag as a symbol of their cause. It's not like the country can forbid them from using it. And it's a big part of our history as a country. 

The cynic in me does wonder how much of this is orchestrated by Nike, they pull the shoes and then eventually they have all this inventory, if they go back and say they have reconsidered and are making them available they will probably sell like crazy. 

^^^Fully Triggered.

Oh, yeah, you're hilarious.  I just hope you never get accused of racism because your shoe is untied or you bought the same brand car that a racist once drove.  The left have made a sport of ruining peoples lives with the mere accusation of racism.   McCarthyism never really went away.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kaep isnt the one choosing the flag. Read the thread and linked articles. Various White Nationalist groups have appropriated the flag. I think they finally wised up that the Confederate flag was too obvious a choice for their racism, so they are hiding behind our Revolutionary Flag. If you have a problem with it, take it up with them.

I don't doubt you’re correct, I was only commenting on the idiocy of the choice (not surprising, considering the groups we’re talking about here.)

But a larger question remains: are companies and people really now allowing fringe groups, now matter how small and idiotic (identity evropa=100-1,000 members) misappropriate national symbols and poison them?  No sorry that’s dumb and Kaep and Nike just handed these idiots a win. 

2 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Almost all of the first 18 presidents owned slaves including Washington, Jefferson, Andrew Jackson and Grant. Even Ben Franklin owned slaves but eventually became a staunch abolitionist. Does Kaepernick refrain from carrying US currency that has Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Grant and Franklin's picture? I guess we should remove all of them from our money. 

Political correctness run amok, this is right up there with the most ridiculous things. It's not the rest of the country's fault that some extremists are using the original US flag as a symbol of their cause. It's not like the country can forbid them from using it. And it's a big part of our history as a country. 

The cynic in me does wonder how much of this is orchestrated by Nike, they pull the shoes and then eventually they have all this inventory, if they go back and say they have reconsidered and are making them available they will probably sell like crazy. 

White Nationalists run amok. If you dont like it, take it up with them and tell them to stop appropriating America's historical symbols.

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Oh, yeah, you're hilarious.  I just hope you never get accused of racism because your shoe is untied or you bought the same brand car that a racist once drove.  The left have made a sport of ruining peoples lives with the mere accusation of racism.   McCarthyism never really went away.

Your hyperbole is hilarious

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I think this is a fair question. 

Imo, perhaps we can start ending the madness when we are just as outraged that hate groups wrap themselves in the same flag we get pissed off about others disrespecting. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I don't doubt you’re correct, I was only commenting on the idiocy of the choice (not surprising, considering the groups we’re talking about here.)

But a larger question remains: are companies and people really now allowing fringe groups, now matter how small and idiotic (identity evropa=100-1,000 members) misappropriate national symbols and poison them?  No sorry that’s dumb and Kaep and Nike just handed these idiots a win. 

Those "fringe groups" are no longer on the fringe as they are being supported and emboldened by politicians all the way up through the White House. So yeah, this needs to be done right now. It's unfortunate, but currently necessary. Until our country gets its head on straight and drives these bigots back to their parent's basements.

• Like (+1) 1

White Nationalists run amok. If you dont like it, take it up with them and tell them to stop appropriating America's historical symbols.

Or, just ignore people shrieking racism every time they don't like someone or something

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I just KNEW you wouldnt dare cross the White Nationalists. Way to go.

You're a perfect example of everything wrong with political discourse today.  Joe McCarthy would be proud of you.  I sure hope the worm never turns on you because there's nothing sadder than a revolutionary who lives long enough to see all his ideals betrayed by the wheels he helped set in motion.

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Those "fringe groups" are no longer on the fringe as they are being supported and emboldened by politicians all the way up through the White House. So yeah, this needs to be done right now. It's unfortunate, but currently necessary. Until our country gets its head on straight and drives these bigots back to their parent's basements.

Also, you act like Nike is acting out of some sense of moral urgency, and not simply blowing with the wind and trying to be a cool kid.  So what's it like to worship a big multinational corporation that practically enslaves all sorts of brown people in Southeast Asia?  It's curious that your moral indignence doesn't extend to them.  It's almost as if you have zero moral fiber and have come to your beliefs by way of watching too many commercials.

Edited by dorquemada
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

You're a perfect example of everything wrong with political discourse today.  Joe McCarthy would be proud of you.  I sure hope the worm never turns on you because there's nothing sadder than a revolutionary who lives long enough to see all his ideals betrayed by the wheels he helped set in motion.

I'll stand by American ideals

You stand by Fascists

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'll stand by American ideals

You stand by Fascists

Will there be anything else Senator McCarthy?

edit:  I just realized, you probably have no idea who Senator McCarthy is, do you?  Of course you don't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy

Edited by dorquemada

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Were you around for the last Kaep thread? Cant remember if that was pre-BBMB migration or not. It was epic. Bans everywhere.

i don't recall it if i was!  hell, i got bent out of shape when a poster implied that lite beer was a wny thing.

• Haha (+1) 1