Josh Allen and Steve Tasker Film A Corny Commercial

I found this on my Facebook feed last night.  It’s the newest commercial for West Herr a big dealership in WNY that uses Tasker as a spokesperson.

Anyway they use Josh in this commercial.  I wish I could say it was humorous.  It would be cool if it was genuinely funny but this seems like a tired gag from 30 years ago.

It would have been funnier if Tasker wanted to play catch thinking he was the Steve Tasker from 1992.  But he was too slow and Josh there too hard for him to catch.  He then comes back making excuses why he couldn’t come up with the passes, to which Josh has some kind of smart comeback maybe something about accuracy...LOL

Edited by Phil The Thrill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I found this on my Facebook feed last night.  It’s the newest commercial for West Herr a big dealership in WNY that uses Tasker as a spokesperson.

Anyway they use Josh in this commercial.  I wish I could say it was humorous.  It would be cool if it was genuinely funny but this seems like a tired gag from 30 years ago.

It would have been funnier if Tasker wanted to play catch thinking he was the Steve Tasker from 1992.  But he was too slow and Josh there too hard for him to catch.  He then comes back making excuses why he couldn’t come up with the passes, to which Josh has some kind of smart comeback...LOL

That commercial makes me want to go out and buy a Toyota

• Haha (+1) 3

Consider this a practice ad. The real, question, particularly if Allen can have a breakout year, is can he get National endorsement deals. If he can't, his agent and maybe others will be whispering in his ear four years from now trying to get him into a big media market. I wonder what role Pegula S&E can and will play in that. It's way to circumvent the cap and teams have been doing as long as there has been a cap (I'm looking at you, Jerry Jones). If we are to be competitive over the long haul, we have to be able to offer what other teams can and do offer.

33 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

No more cringeworthy than the rest of their TV ads. Here in WNY we really have the “cream of the crop” with Fucillo and West Herr’s horrendous commercials. 

Anytime I see a Nissan from Mike Barney, I sing the jingle in my head. 

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, ocemur said:

Consider this a practice ad. The real, question, particularly if Allen can have a breakout year, is can he get National endorsement deals. If he can't, his agent and maybe others will be whispering in his ear four years from now trying to get him into a big media market. I wonder what role Pegula S&E can and will play in that. It's way to circumvent the cap and teams have been doing as long as there has been a cap (I'm looking at you, Jerry Jones). If we are to be competitive over the long haul, we have to be able to offer what other teams can and do offer.

Allen has a natural charisma about him.  If he succeeds on the football field and becomes an outstanding QB he'll have plenty of national endorsement deals.  Green Bay isn't exactly a big media market but their last two QB's seemed to get on national TV selling stuff quite a bit!   

• Like (+1) 2

There almost always an air of "corniness" in TV commercials.

That Tasker gets paid, likely quite well by West Herr for those ads, it's not on him regarding the silliness of their content.

Most anyone would take that gig.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

No more cringeworthy than the rest of their TV ads. Here in WNY we really have the “cream of the crop” with Fucillo and West Herr’s horrendous commercials. 

Oh my! You guys have to listen to the Fucillo commercials too. 15,888. What is with every vehicle @ something 888?  That said....didn't have an issue with the commercial. Local ones are always corny.

11 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Oh my! You guys have to listen to the Fucillo commercials too. 15,888. What is with every vehicle @ something 888?  That said....didn't have an issue with the commercial. Local ones are always corny.

To make it stand out. Every other ad is something-99.

47 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

lol what is it with Buffalo and these corny commercials and jingles?  

You don’t have corny commercials where you come from? 

Obviously you’ve never seen much local television from other cities/states. Ngata and Tucker royal farm commercials come to mind for me. 

Talk about cringe factor. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

To make it stand out. Every other ad is something-99.

A friend went in to the one in Adams and offered 23,888 for a truck they had on for 25,888. They said they could go to 23,900. He told the sales manager he was sure they were breaking their own policy by not selling in the 888 relm. Took his offer as they got a chuckle out of it. Transmission went 4 weeks later.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

A friend went in to the one in Adams and offered 23,888 for a truck they had on for 25,888. They said they could go to 23,900. He told the sales manager he was sure they were breaking their own policy by not selling in the 888 relm. Took his offer as they got a chuckle out of it. Transmission went 4 weeks later.

So was it an F-150, 250 or 350?

@mrags

@BringBackFergy

@ExiledInIllinois

• Thank you (+1) 1