Roof or No Roof?

Bakin

Roof or No Roof?  

323 members have voted

1. 1. New Stadium - Roof or No Roof?

• Roof
    • No Roof

44 minutes ago, cba fan said:

I heard the gov't is working on a secret new invention that recently leaked out to my sources.

working project name is: LIGHTS

not for long. I heard a rumor that the new stadium for Rams Chargers will have a fixed roof.

Same with Raiders they will have clear roof.

Then I will find a different team, obviously.

If they all have roofs, I will no longer watch. I have a life beyond football, and so much of what I like about the game has to do with the elements, being outdoors, and the look and feel of the event. I tolerate dome games, but if the sport becomes "indoor football" I will move on...maybe soccer.

A retractable roof is probably the right way to go, except I’m pretty sure that they all have be closed after a certain date - so, even if we have a December day that’s 60 or 70 degrees (it happens occasionally), the roof would be closed.

But I’m a purist - so no roof for me.  Plus I want natural turf.

And put it downtown, directly on the lake, too, right next to the water, and schedule lots of Nov/Dec/Jan games so Southern and West Coast teams will hate playing us here!

(If we need a covered field for practice, we can always throw up something like the Paddock dome on the current parking lots.)

JMO.

Edited by The Senator

55 minutes ago, The Senator said:

(If we need a covered field for practice, we can always throw up something like the Paddock dome on the current parking lots.)

JMO.

They already have a covered practice field that will continue to be used regardless of where the new stadium goes.  ?

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, The Senator said:

A retractable roof is probably the right way to go, except I’m pretty sure that they all have be closed after a certain date - so, even if we have a December day that’s 60 or 70 degrees (it happens occasionally), the roof would be closed.

But I’m a purist - so no roof for me.  Plus I want natural turf.

And put it downtown, directly on the lake, too, right next to the water, and schedule lots of Nov/Dec/Jan games so Southern and West Coast teams will hate playing us here!

JMO.

NFL retractable roof policies

Football Zebras- by Ben Austro - May 1, 2013

The operation of retractable roofs are subject to the ground rules set by the NFL. Retractable roofs are installed in the home fields of the Cardinals, Colts, Cowboys, Falcons, and Texans. These procedures are covered in the league’s policy manuals, not in the rulebook.

Pregame procedure

Up to 90 minutes prior to kickoff, the home team must notify the referee or the designated representative from Football Operations whether the roof will be open or closed for the game. If the roof needs to be moved into that position, this must be completed before team warmups.

If the roof is open, and there is incoming hazardous weather (such as lightning or high wind), the referee will consult with Football Operations and the stadium manager about a decision to close prior to the game. If it begins raining before the game, that can be done immediately.

Changing the roof during the game

Inside 90 minutes to kickoff and during the game, the decision on the roof may not be changed except by the referee or by Football Operations.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2013/05/nfl-retractable-roof-policies/

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

They already have a covered practice field that will continue to be used regardless of where the new stadium goes.  ?

Thanks, LB - I wasn’t sure if the Field House had a full sized field, or a shorter practice field.

3 hours ago, The Senator said:

Thanks, LB - I wasn’t sure if the Field House had a full sized field, or a shorter practice field.

To be honest, I'm not sure if the field house is a full length field...or if they even consider it necessary to have a 100 yd field for practice.

8 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Then I will find a different team, obviously.

If they all have roofs, I will no longer watch. I have a life beyond football, and so much of what I like about the game has to do with the elements, being outdoors, and the look and feel of the event. I tolerate dome games, but if the sport becomes "indoor football" I will move on...maybe soccer.

ok then. 

I'm 1000000 % in on a retractable roof option. Mostly because its a loss of revenue production if they don't, Already have seen how many Bill sfans don't show up in December and We saw in the past how many Bills  fans didn't show up for a playoff game after a few years of representing back in the 90's. Also a loss of extra revenue with big concert's events  etc...

I know diehards like the elements. But diehards will show up if there is a roof. Its the a solid percentage of less than diehard fans who don't like to sit for 3 - 5 hours in ***** weather. They won't show up if there is no roof