Kareem Hunt in Trouble Again

Some of you are missing the broader point, it's not even so much whether he was directly involved in this incident its that his awareness and judgement are sorely lacking.  He has an opportunity that all kids grew up playing football dreamed of, which is to play in the NFL.  Not only did he make it there but he has excelled.  You only live once and you only have a short time period in your life to take advantage of that dream and the fact that he is putting himself in a position just by being in a bar threatens his lifelong dream.

He should refocus and recommit himself to football and his dream.  He should hold off on the bars for the next 8 years around when he retires and then and only then after his NFL expiration period ends he can hit up all the bars that he wishes to go to.

• Like (+1) 1

Unless he was involved physically with someone unprovoked, bar confrontations should be viewed with a large grain of salt by the NFL.

Cripes, I'm 60 and know I could get into a clash anywhere where alcohol is flowing. Pro athletes have bulls eyes on them when in public. 

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Unless he was involved physically with someone unprovoked, bar confrontations should be viewed with a large grain of salt by the NFL.

Cripes, I'm 60 and know I could get into a clash anywhere where alcohol is flowing. Pro athletes have bulls eyes on them when in public. 

And egos that never back away from the slightest of perceived grievances

9 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Anyone else not get into an altercation at a bar this weekend or am I just boring af?

62, been going to bars since I was 16. Seen a few altercations but can't recall ever being in one. My take is if you're looking for trouble, you'll find it, but it isn't that hard to stay out of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

And egos that never back away from the slightest of perceived grievances

You know me better than I thought.

1 minute ago, Steve O said:

62, been going to bars since I was 16. Seen a few altercations but can't recall ever being in one. My take is if you're looking for trouble, you'll find it, but it isn't that hard to stay out of it.

Can't recall ? Blackout drinking ? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Can't recall ? Blackout drinking ? 

No, just old. 46 years of going to bars is a long time  to say positively I've never had an altercation in one, and also depends on one's definition of altercation. Just saying if I was ever in an altercation it was minor and didn't end in a fight.

6 minutes ago, Steve O said:

No, just old. 46 years of going to bars is a long time  to say positively I've never had an altercation in one, and also depends on one's definition of altercation. Just saying if I was ever in an altercation it was minor and didn't end in a fight.

Calling your wife in the middle of the night to ask her if she could pick you up at the hospital because of a fight is a real test of a marriage. 

Partly why I'm on marriage #3....I guess. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

You mean Florio is wrong?  Never happens.

It's funny to me when sports publications, hiring ego-dripping writers, provide a story and include a line right after the lede like "John Clayton was first to report."

I'd love to see them apply that always. "Mike Florio was first to get it wrong. Again."

Edited by IDBillzFan

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

Agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Pro athletes have bulls eyes on them when in public. 

They sure do.....bring the party to you vs. going out, when famous. Don't need to catch the horns from the local law enforcement.

image.png.78da3593c6cd5a0d941ee7a5646b29b8.png

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

Regardless of the legitimacy of this story, Hunt should stay out of bars. His focus should be on staying out of trouble.

won't be long till he is not worthy of national headlines

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

For a guy who has one foot out of the league, putting yourself in a questionable situation isn't very wise (if it actually happened).  He may be completely innocent in this situation but given his other problems, many won't give him any benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, just stupid to go out and put yourself in vulnerable situations again while you are on very very thin ice.  You would think he would have learned by now that you can't control what others are going to do around you.  So even if he goes out with the best intentions, that doesn't mean others won't try and instigate something, especially with someone like him who has controversial issues in his past that plenty of people make take exception to.  Plus, drunk idiots will look at him as an easy mark to try and get paid if they can get under his skin enough.  

I mean, if the NFL was paying me even $100,000 a year I would stay clear...these idiots are messing with Millions of dollars of earnings, and as a RB, his shelf life is shorter than most other positions.  

Sometimes, you just can't fix stupid.

#StupidPeopleAreStupid

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Magox said:

Some of you are missing the broader point, it's not even so much whether he was directly involved in this incident its that his awareness and judgement are sorely lacking.  He has an opportunity that all kids grew up playing football dreamed of, which is to play in the NFL.  Not only did he make it there but he has excelled.  You only live once and you only have a short time period in your life to take advantage of that dream and the fact that he is putting himself in a position just by being in a bar threatens his lifelong dream.

He should refocus and recommit himself to football and his dream.  He should hold off on the bars for the next 8 years around when he retires and then and only then after his NFL expiration period ends he can hit up all the bars that he wishes to go to.

I think that you are being totally unrealistic.   It's easy to say "stay out of bars for the next 8 years" but what should a young rich guy with his pockets full of money do for entertainment then?   "Going out" to bars, dance halls, and honkytonks to drink and have a good time has been part of American culture since Prohibition, especially for young guys in their 20s, and that's a prescription for trouble and always has been.  How many "respectable citizens" today were hell raisers in their twenties? 

I think that Hunt's best course is to work with a counselor/coach/advisor to control his alcohol consumption and develop strategies for dealing with confrontation/provocation without resorting to violence (anger management) since becoming a monk or hermit until he grows up probably isn't in the cards.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I think that you are being totally unrealistic.   It's easy to say "stay out of bars for the next 8 years" but what should a young rich guy with his pockets full of money do for entertainment then?   "Going out" to bars, dance halls, and honkytonks to drink and have a good time has been part of American culture since Prohibition, especially for young guys in their 20s, and that's a prescription for trouble and always has been.  How many "respectable citizens" today were hell raisers in their twenties? 

I think that Hunt's best course is to work with a counselor/coach/advisor to control his alcohol consumption and develop strategies for dealing with confrontation/provocation without resorting to violence (anger management) since becoming a monk or hermit until he grows up probably isn't in the cards.

That's fine, that would be your recommendation.  Mine would be for him to totally recommit to football and not do anything to jeopardize his life long dream.    If this turns out to be the case that he really didn't do anything aside from just being at a bar and having possibly just a simple disagreement yet he was still accused of something even worse.  Then it shows that there is a target on his back and even though he may have not have done anything it all adds up, maybe not so much from a suspension standpoint but from potential suitors for employment.  Makes him less attractive as a prospect.

And to equate this to "How many 'respectable citizens' today were hell raisers in their twenties?"  completely misses the point that I was making.  We aren't judging him by our standards, we are judging him by a completely different one.  The vast majority of us are not in a position to earn millions of dollars a year and we also do not have an intense coverage documenting our every move.   If most of us have these sort of issues and get in fights in a bar or get busted with weed or what have you, no one really cares.  No one is documenting it aside from a small blurb in the local paper.  If most of us do somehow lose their employment because of it, what are they risking?  At worst they make a semi lateral or slight downgrade from where they were.   What does an NFL player have to lose?  He goes from Millions of years to less than $100k a year.   His actions are much more consequential than most average people.  Not only that, their shelve lives are much shorter than most people's.   Most people usually don't enter their best earning years until they hit their 40's and 50's.   NFL players best earning years are in their 20's and early 30's.    Equating this to average fans is an apples to oranges comparison.