For an appointment are you late, early, or on time

Late, early, or on time  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Late, early, or on time

• Late
    • Early
    • On time

Early enough to account for any variation in my trip to the appointment.  This is mostly 3-5 minutes early.

When I was working, it drove me nuts when we started a meeting on time and people arriving late wanted to get caught up.  Sorry, arrive on time.

I am strangely punctual. I’ll be early 100 times for every time I’m late, and if I was going to be 5 minutes or more late I would call to notify the person I was meeting. I always have a book in my car so I’d have something to do when I was early killing time, or being stood up. 

For anything in-person, professionally or any kind of appointment (doctor, etc.), I'm always early.

For conference calls, I'll dial in 2-3 minutes early.

Parties - never early; usually on time, if not a few minutes late to blend into a bigger crowd (I'm a shy dude).

always early. it's is very disrespectful to be late. if you are late, you are essentially telling the other(s) that you are more important than them. obviously, occurrences outside of your control are the exception.

btw....those of you who are always early, it’s annoying in a professional setting, and especially if it’s a job interview.  Tells me you have nothing better to do with your time than to sit around and wait.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

btw....those of you who are always early, it’s annoying in a professional setting, and especially if it’s a job interview.  Tells me you have nothing better to do with your time than to sit around and wait.

I frequently have interviews.  I am impressed when people come early.  It's more of a red flag to me if I see someone barely make it.