Trump's 4th of July Speech thread

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

No bias whatsoever at the networks, America. They're truly on the side of truth, not one party. 

(So much winning)

I didn't think it was possible to wish for a reveal of new tech more than I had already been doing. I am now 11/10.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

They're setting the precedent to not cover his reelection campaign.  

It'll be interesting to see how far they take it.  Maybe pull all their correspondents from the White House press pool and pretend the Democratic candidate is running to fill a vacant office...

ABC walked out of a GOP Convention the first day, maybe W's first?

Koppel grandly told the audience that it wasn't going to have anything newsworthy and was boring

he didn't grandly opine the same thing during the Dem's Convention

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Fair enough, but it's more than just a little telling of how effed up the left is right now.

Which is more believable: that (a) you want to wager a bet that Trump will talk about himself during a speech, or (b) that you were joking about it?

Let me save you the trouble. The answer is (a).

Happy fourth. I hope the tanks don't trigger you.

(Which is more believable: that (a) I'm convinced Trump showing tanks will trigger your or (b) that I was joking?)

oh, i believe 100% the speech will be 25% history , paying honor to our vets, etc..but 75 % will be something along the lines

" and lets not forget our vets..and remember I am making the military great again we are making the world safer due to my policies, and the VA is doing tremendous things under my leadership, ...and God Bless our vets on this great day"

No trigger here on tanks..unless they were somehow doing damage to the mall or the District streets or blocking access to my usual viewing spots on the mall!!!! Dont mess with the 4th I know I love!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No bias whatsoever at the networks, America. They're truly on the side of truth, not one party. 

(So much winning)

You idiots gave the guy two billion dollars worth of free ad time in his campaign.  Don't get all noble on us now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(So much winning)

It's all part of their strategy to keep people from watching their network.

And from looking at the ratings it's working perfectly.

Happy Fourth of July everyone! 

My fav, Jennifer Rubin nails it, of course: 

E7K5E5U5XUI6TA7DIX663DUNFY.jpg
Brooks-Quinn-Jones Elementary students, decked out in patriotic regalia, wait patiently for the school's annual Independence Day Parade to kick off, Wednesday, July 3, 2019, in Nacogdoches, Texas. (Tim Monzingo/The Daily Sentinel via AP)
6a4fe4a0-fab1-4d42-a353-79d6a7958913.png
Opinion writer
July 4 at 7:45 AM

I’m reminded more frequently these days that we are fortunate to have inherited a magnificent democracy and a Constitution that secures our liberties, but that our democratic norms, institutions and values must be scrupulously maintained in every generation. We are charged with the task of fulfilling and expanding the Declaration of Independence’s promise -- “that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” If nothing else the past few years should teach us that there is no substitute for an informed and engaged citizenry. I’ve never beleived more strongly in President Ronald Reagan’s admonition: “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.”

I hope your day with family and friends is safe and joyous. Enjoy your hometown parades, festivities, BBQs and fireworks. We should remember that we our able to celebrate and go about our daily lives with peace of mind thanks to our brave men and women in the armed services around the world.

Don’t worry, I’ll keep an eye on the activities on the National Mall so you don’t have to. :) 

As usual you miss the point Tibs. This country was founded on the principle of freedom FROM a central government...not freedom FOR a central government. We need way less eyes in Washington ‘keeping watch’ on the citizenry.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As usual you miss the point Tibs. This country was founded on the principle of freedom FROM a central government...not freedom FOR a central government. We need way less eyes in Washington ‘keeping watch’ on the citizenry.

tibs doesn't trust the motives of others

because he knows his own motives are spider webs strung with crap

sad and worthy of ignoring

be grateful if you don't have someone like this directly in your real life

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

be grateful if you don't have someone like this directly in your real life

I live in California. I’m drowning in people just like Tibs. We just banned drinking straws because some morons in Sacramento believe there’s a pipeline from the local landfill to the ocean...which there ISN’T!!

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I live in California. I’m drowning in people just like Tibs. We just banned drinking straws because some morons in Sacramento believe there’s a pipeline from the local landfill to the ocean...which there ISN’T!!

my condolences...

but you don't have a total jerk Tibs-type living under your roof and living off your $$ and complaining about everything, and adding nothing useful at all to anything

Edited by row_33

Just now, row_33 said:

my condolences...

but you don't have a total jerk Tibs-type living under your roof and living off your $$ and complaining about everything, and adding nothing useful at all to anything

You’re correct there. We raised our daughter with solid principles and a healthy respect for hard work. She’s earned two degrees and has a good job all without piling up college debt. Amazing what a bit of proper planning can get you. 

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re correct there. We raised our daughter with solid principles and a healthy respect for hard work. She’s earned two degrees and has a good job all without piling up college debt. Amazing what a bit of proper planning can get you. 

the best way to live, congrats she didn't go all Dem on you and rebel and make your life hell and ruin hers, for no decent reason at all.

also speaks to why you come on here with a good attitude about life and find the irony and humour on here..... thanks!!

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

also speaks to why you come on here with a good attitude about life and find the irony and humour on here..... thanks!!

The recent political discussion is drowning in irony:

1. Remember when Trump was scolded for not being able to accept the results of the election?

2. Remember when we were told Russia was the adversary of the last century?

3. Remember when we were all so grateful that Obama had fixed health care forever?

4. Remember when the highest earners agreed chip in more taxes during the Great Recession but are now back to being the villains when everyone’s working?

5. Remember when the stock market was going to crash after the 2016 election?

6. Remember when Trump was going to start a world war?

This has become nothing short of a clown show!

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The recent political discussion is drowning in irony:

1. Remember when Trump was scolded for not being able to accept the results of the election?

2. Remember when we were told Russia was the adversary of the last century?

3. Remember when we were all so grateful that Obama had fixed health care forever?

4. Remember when the highest earners agreed chip in more taxes during the Great Recession but are now back to being the villains when everyone’s working?

5. Remember when the stock market was going to crash after the 2016 election?

6. Remember when Trump was going to start a world war?

This has become nothing short of a clown show!

they can't help it, they weren't handed a useful way to live by their parents

their parents were ignorant, or they didn't care at all, or our friends here rebelled against it all  (all 3 reasons are very practical, but I don't care anymore about these people)

they are wandering around like a ship tossed by the sea, distracted by social media and swallowing everything they read, without thinking at all

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

If nothing else the past few years should teach us that there is no substitute for an informed and engaged citizenry. 

You are halfway there. 

Engaged

Informed. 

Happy 4th!

??:beer: ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they can't help it, they weren't handed a useful way to live by their parents

their parents were ignorant, or they didn't care at all, or our friends here rebelled against it all  (all 3 reasons are very practical, but I don't care anymore about these people)

they are wandering around like a ship tossed by the sea, distracted by social media and swallowing everything they read, without thinking at all

Add into the mix that they’ve been indoctrinated by the public school system to recite leftist dogma on command and you see the results. Brilliant strategy by the Left!