Trump's 4th of July Speech thread

Umm... what? 

Inviting active service members and their family to a parade to honor the nation they risk their lives to defend is somehow wrong or in poor taste? 

People just want to complain to fill their TDS quotas. It's nonsense like this that makes the majority of people in this country see through it (and vote Trump come 2020 even if they don't talk about it in public -- why should they when they know they'll be greeted with hot takes like this one)

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If I were Trump this is what I'd do.  I'd invite someone from the Dem side to speak as well.  We are a diverse country we should have diverse speakers.  Have someone who is up and coming who has some good ideas that have "energized" the country.  Someone like say AOC ?.  And then I'd plan my speech to be about where we are as a country.  Our history, our successes, our failures and how hard we need to work as a team to keep this great country going the right direction yadda yadda yadda.  A unifying speech.  And then let AOC speak. And use whatever she says if it's dopey like it would most likely be as cannon fodder in 2020.   

perfect!

My  real objection to this whole thing is more on logistics and tradition! and how it would affect me( if i was there this year LOL)!!!! I have pretty much watched for the same spot on the mall the last 30 years...no need to be messing with that! Although i must say the second blast of fireworks from West Potomac Park does sound pretty awesome..so more firewroks always good!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

cmon people..its the 4th of July, we are all having parties, time off, tipping a few..have a few laughs!!!!! Jokes are good!!! @B-Man @IDBillzFan, cmon guys, i know yall have a sense of humor..B-Man i laugh all your memes and political cartoons..you know as I like almost all of them!!! 

Fair enough sir, I have been too critical lately

Have a great fourth.

I myself am taking my wife and daughter (and sister) to the Bisons game tonight, complete with BPO and fireworks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If I were Trump this is what I'd do.  I'd invite someone from the Dem side to speak as well.  We are a diverse country we should have diverse speakers.  Have someone who is up and coming who has some good ideas that have "energized" the country.  Someone like say AOC ?.  And then I'd plan my speech to be about where we are as a country.  Our history, our successes, our failures and how hard we need to work as a team to keep this great country going the right direction yadda yadda yadda.  A unifying speech.  And then let AOC speak. And use whatever she says if it's dopey like it would most likely be as cannon fodder in 2020.   

Of course AOC would, like, totally, like, refuse to, like, speak at what is, like, you know, a Trump ego rally and stuff.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Of course AOC would, like, totally, like, refuse to, like, speak at what is, like, you know, a Trump ego rally and stuff.

I penned her as the "Puerto Rican Valley Girl" before she was even officially elected. Ya know?

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Which would be like perfect.  'Cause Trump could like offer a, you know, like olive branch and stuff to her and use her like refusal for stuff like, you know, getting peeps to like vote for him and stuff. 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

cmon people..its the 4th of July, we are all having parties, time off, tipping a few..have a few laughs!!!!! Jokes are good!!! @B-Man @IDBillzFan, cmon guys, i know yall have a sense of humor..B-Man i laugh all your memes and political cartoons..you know as I like almost all of them!!! 

Fair enough, but it's more than just a little telling of how effed up the left is right now.

Which is more believable: that (a) you want to wager a bet that Trump will talk about himself during a speech, or (b) that you were joking about it?

Let me save you the trouble. The answer is (a).

Happy fourth. I hope the tanks don't trigger you.

(Which is more believable: that (a) I'm convinced Trump showing tanks will trigger your or (b) that I was joking?)

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

No bias whatsoever at the networks, America. They're truly on the side of truth, not one party. 

(So much winning)

They're setting the precedent to not cover his reelection campaign.  

It'll be interesting to see how far they take it.  Maybe pull all their correspondents from the White House press pool and pretend the Democratic candidate is running to fill a vacant office...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

They're setting the precedent to not cover his reelection campaign.  

It'll be interesting to see how far they take it.  Maybe pull all their correspondents from the White House press pool and pretend the Democratic candidate is running to fill a vacant office...

Seems so. 

It's incredibly transparent -- and sadly it just means Fox will benefit (who's just as bad as the rest, they're just the other side of the same coin). 

How much time will those networks devote to Mueller's 7/17 testimony? I think weeks, not hours, worth of time. 

(They're too ashamed/guilty to admit how badly they botched the Trump/Russia story, keeping it alive is the only way they can avoid self assessment... but it still won't work).

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

No bias whatsoever at the networks, America. They're truly on the side of truth, not one party. 

(So much winning)

they're the Grinch hating Christmas