Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

Watch Buffalo Bills' Zay Jones 'Levitate' in Fan's Hospital Room to Celebrate Final Chemotherapy Session

rnysdnrp6h9dgtruqvsp.jpg

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Zay Jones swallowed his pride to make one of his biggest fans happy while he was undergoing chemotherapy treatments for cancer.

Jones, who is most famous for how he got to his feet after diving and failing to catch a pass against the Kansas City Chiefs a few years ago, replicated the iconic "levitation" move at Oishei Children's Hospital in Buffalo last week.

Plenty of fans responded to the clip in awe of the athlete's kindness and Nate's perseverance.

"You're a good dude, Zay, and you're a badass, Nate!" one Twitter user wrote.

"Not all heroes wear capes," another said, adding a few clapping hands emojis.

"You are amazing Zay (and not just the levitation) and this is what it's about, reaching out and lifting up those that need it!" someone else wrote.

"I just became a huge Zay Jones fan," another said.

The hospital's Twitter account even responded. "Thanks so much for visiting with us today! You cheered up so many patients!"

https://popculture.com/sports/2019/07/01/buffalo-bills-zay-jones-levitate-fans-hospital-room-chemotherapy/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thanks! (+1) 5

Posted (edited)

Enough good things can't be said about pro athletes who go to the hospitals visiting those suffering in ways many, fortunately/hopefully, don't experience.      

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

That's a sick move that should be done after every one of his TDs.

• Like (+1) 4

Really cool gesture by Zay.

• Like (+1) 4

Cool video.  Still have no idea how Zay does that.  I probably would have gone with "hit some spice and fight for Jesus" if it were me but Levitation is in my top 3 of Zay's greatest hits.

"Swallowed his pride" is poor phrasing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Posted (edited)

I'm actually a huge Zay Jones fan and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I loved the Cole Beasley signing as well, he was my favorite FA acquisition, but I'm sorry, Zay Jones is going to be a huge factor this year, like big big big difference maker. I really hope this guy develops the way I think he can, I believe in him.

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Like (+1) 2

Awesome. Good job Zay!

• Like (+1) 1

Quality man Zay Jones. A lot of good Bills on these team, Harrison Phillips, Josh Allen, Dion Dawkins, a lot give back to the community.  Shaq Lawson paying for the funeral, Ed Oliver going top meet Pancho Billa twice, no doubt a lot others.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Zay Jones seems to be figuring out how to be a pro.  I am really pulling for him this year.  I hope he and Josh flourish together. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

That’s pretty cool, love it when these athletes give back like this to those that need it.  Classy move

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

That confuses me every time. What did I just see?

Penn & Teller do a thing on MasterClass where they show you how they do their tricks. Zay needs to do the same thing......

Without pads and helmet no less.

If that move requires strength Zay has quite a bit of it. 

Touching a hospital floor!?!? Then he shakes the sick boys hand, spreading his germs. 

Heart warming but gross. 

• Meh 2
  • Skeptical 2

Just now, Chill said:

Touching a hospital floor!?!? Then he shakes the sick boys hand, spreading his germs. 

Heart warming but gross. 

Chill.       😋

Fair point, but just stepping inside a hospital is a gamble. As stated above, looks better than last year’s video! 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Digging this year's offseason videos of Zay over last year's. 👍 #maturity

Yeah, definitely a difference.  I entered the offseason quite skeptical hence the legendary thread from February lol.  But, so far he has said and done the right things this offseason.  That being said, its one thing to interview well, workout and make kids happy.  Its another to elevate his game on the field, so I still want to see him go out and play like a starting NFL WR consistently.  Like I always said, I have nothing against him and I would love to see him succeed, so hoping the signs of maturity off the field will translate to growth on it as well.  

Either way, this was a classy move and he is clearly a good dude even if I am not enamored with his body of work his first 2 seasons on the field.  So hoping he becomes a big part of this offense and helps Josh take his game to another level.  

• Like (+1) 3

I guess I'm in the minority with the levitating thing. Just looks like he is pushing himself up off the ground. Doesn't look cool to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

I just wish our players played at a talent level that matches their personality... we’ve had so many guys that are EASY to root for but year after year they don’t produce... I’ll be rooting for Zay once again... I still think this year is a make or break year for him but I’ll be rooting for him either way for obvious reasons...

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

I guess I'm in the minority with the levitating thing. Just looks like he is pushing himself up off the ground. Doesn't look cool to me.

To me it looks cool but nothing will ever top the first time he did it during the game...

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Digging this year's offseason videos of Zay over last year's. 👍 #maturity

I mean, it’s entirely possible last year was an isolated night and not a huge deal in the grand scheme. I recall many in the thread thinking it was proof of a totally derailed career.

that said, yes, I agree that these are much better headlines

45 minutes ago, MJS said:

I get what you're saying. When I saw some other guys try it, I appreciated it more.