Mark Rypien Facing Domestic Violence Charge

Gugny

21 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

XXVIII is right up there for me, as the Bills actually were in control of that game into the 3rd quarter against the vaunted Cowboys...

Yeah I’ve said it before here but don’t actually think those Cowboy teams were light years better than the Bills.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Wasn't he the guy who head butted the goal post in some game? 

Haha, that was Gus Frerotte. What a dummy.

12 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah I’ve said it before here but don’t actually think those Cowboy teams were light years better than the Bills.  

The first SB against Dallas was just an unbelievable disaster on the Bills behalf. Nine friggin' turnovers, OL couldn't protect, etc. I dunno, aside from SBXXV, when I look back, it just seems like as soon as those SB's started, those Bills teams just clammed up and couldn't play the way they usually played.

When watching that Four Falls of Buffalo doc a couple years ago, Troy Aikman said something that stuck out to me. He was talking about their second SB against Buffalo and how the Bills had a 13-6 lead at halftime and he said something like, "Heading into the locker room at halftime, I remember looking over at the Bills as they walked off the field and they just did not look like a team that had the lead, didn't look confident." It's a bummer, but those losses really got inside those guys heads and probably interfered with them playing as well as they were capable of.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Haha, that was Gus Frerotte. What a dummy.

The first SB against Dallas was just an unbelievable disaster on the Bills behalf. Nine friggin' turnovers, OL couldn't protect, etc. I dunno, aside from SBXXV, when I look back, it just seems like as soon as those SB's started, those Bills teams just clammed up and couldn't play the way they usually played.

When watching that Four Falls of Buffalo doc a couple years ago, Troy Aikman said something that stuck out to me. He was talking about their second SB against Buffalo and how the Bills had a 13-6 lead at halftime and he said something like, "Heading into the locker room at halftime, I remember looking over at the Bills as they walked off the field and they just did not look like a team that had the lead, didn't look confident." It's a bummer, but those losses really got inside those guys heads and probably interfered with them playing as well as they were capable of.

Yeah OJ was the reporter at halftime in the locker room and said that same thing back then.  Looked like a very solemn bunch

On 7/1/2019 at 6:52 PM, Augie said:

This is tricky. Nobody is dismissing bad behavior. Some people may try to use it as an excuse, rightly or wrongly. Sometimes it will be legit. It’s like mental illness, it makes good people do bad things, and often other good people get hurt. Did I mention this is tricky? 

When he’s dead and gone they can check his brain. Even then you don’t know what caused a specific action. It’s NOT an excuse, but it may be an explanation. 

Thank you for posting this.  A related issue to mental illness and CTE is PTSD.  All of these conditions can radically change the behavior of people but they have different manifestations in different people -- and as you note, you don't know if one of these conditions actually caused a specific action.   

• Like (+1) 2

he looks SOOOOOOOOOO OLD!  what a broken man.

also, has he been abusing drugs/alcohol?  I'm sure he has some kind of CTE, but NJ resident Dykstra is off his rocker, and he never got his bell rung that much.  He's just a sociopath with a still in his prime ego and substance abuse issues.  methinks rippy may have some of the same demons.

i second the notion on his daughter.  that all girl football league blows my mind.

5 hours ago, colin said:

he looks SOOOOOOOOOO OLD!  what a broken man.

also, has he been abusing drugs/alcohol?  I'm sure he has some kind of CTE, but NJ resident Dykstra is off his rocker, and he never got his bell rung that much.  He's just a sociopath with a still in his prime ego and substance abuse issues.  methinks rippy may have some of the same demons.

i second the notion on his daughter.  that all girl football league blows my mind.

Dykstra is a drug addict and I'm sure steroids did his brain no favors.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:19 PM, Gugny said:

Washington television station KHQ-TV reported that Rypien was arrested after an incident with his wife near a bank in north Spokane. Rypien and his wife spoke separately with police before Rypien was handcuffed about 45 minutes later, according to KHQ-TV.

Rypien, in an interview last year with KHQ-TV and The Spokesman-Review, said he once tried to kill himself -- the result of mental health issues stemming from his football career.

"I suffer from a complex stew of mental health conditions," he said. "Dark places, depression, anxiety, addictions, poor choices, poor decisions, brought about from dozens of concussions and thousands of subconcussive injuries from playing this sport."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27096044/ex-qb-rypien-faces-domestic-violence-charge

Yet, he beats the Bills in SuperBowl! HOW low does it have to get!

Why don't you just kick me in the nuts now!