Mark Rypien Facing Domestic Violence Charge

Gugny

wow. so much less name calling and disdain in this thread, when comparing it to other threads of a similar subject. interesting.

so he isn't a POS, or scum...?

4 minutes ago, 87168 said:

wow. so much less name calling and disdain in this thread, when comparing it to other threads of a similar subject. interesting.

so he isn't a POS, or scum...?

LOL

1.  MR did it once, not for 10 + years 
  2. does MR cheat at every opportunity?
  3. did MR get favoritism from the refs? 
  4. did MR ever his a man on the ground and give him a concussion? 

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

all I know, is out of the four superbowls, the redskins defeat was the most frustrating for me.

XXVIII is right up there for me, as the Bills actually were in control of that game into the 3rd quarter against the vaunted Cowboys...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that sum B word

was that the sb where thurman lost his helmet?

I was there, and a lot of Bills fans were initially excited. “Look, he’s not in the backfield. We’re throwing a wrinkle at them they didn’t expect...he’s..... wait, where the heck is he???”  There was no way to know what had happened. It was just curious as all get out! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

who couldn't see that CTE excuse coming ?? 

Yep. CTE is the new catch all for dismissing all behavioral issues. "CTE made me do it."

Who cares; man the season can't start quick enough!! Let's see, he has been out of the NFL for roughly over twenty years and had one notable season and you post this BS!

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Who cares; man the season can't start quick enough!! Let's see, he has been out of the NFL for roughly over twenty years and had one notable season and you post this BS!

Give the guy some privacy to deal with is demons; this board is in free fall!

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Don't forget he was playing behind one hell of an O-line that year.

Funny how that works! Maybe there’s a lesson to be learned there? Hope we’re off to a great start. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Yep. CTE is the new catch all for dismissing all behavioral issues. "CTE made me do it."

This is tricky. Nobody is dismissing bad behavior. Some people may try to use it as an excuse, rightly or wrongly. Sometimes it will be legit. It’s like mental illness, it makes good people do bad things, and often other good people get hurt. Did I mention this is tricky? 

When he’s dead and gone they can check his brain. Even then you don’t know what caused a specific action. It’s NOT an excuse, but it may be an explanation. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

This is tricky. Nobody is dismissing bad behavior. Some people may try to use it as an excuse, rightly or wrongly. Sometimes it will be legit. It’s like mental illness, it makes good people do bad things, and often other good people get hurt. Did I mention this is tricky? 

When he’s dead and gone they can check his brain. Even then you don’t know what caused a specific action. It’s NOT an excuse, but it may be an explanation. 

There are plenty of guys who suffer from brain trauma from their playing years who don't go around breaking the law and hurting people.

And there are plenty of people who do bad things without having brain injuries. CTE is the perfect condition to blame because there is no way to know if you have it until they cut open your brain after you die, and even then there is no way to know if CTE caused you to do bad things anyway. It's such a huge unknown.

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

he lost it in Minnesota ...   was it Was or Dallas?  

....  the second time in which Minneapolis has hosted a Super Bowl. The first was Super Bowl XXVI, which was held at the Metrodome in 1992. The Washington Redskins defeated the Buffalo Bills 37–24.

How did they even manage to score 24 points?  

5 hours ago, vorpma said:

Give the guy some privacy to deal with is demons; this board is in free fall!

It's relevant NFL news.  More importantly, my title made it abundantly clear what the thread is about.  If it didn't interest you, you shouldn't have joined the conversation.  That's what's wicked cute about this place.  You can read what you want to.  You can choose not to read what you don't want to.  But ... unfortunately ... you can also choose to go into a thread and crap on it.

Choose wisely, my friend.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

There are plenty of guys who suffer from brain trauma from their playing years who don't go around breaking the law and hurting people.

And there are plenty of people who do bad things without having brain injuries. CTE is the perfect condition to blame because there is no way to know if you have it until they cut open your brain after you die, and even then there is no way to know if CTE caused you to do bad things anyway. It's such a huge unknown.

And THAT is why it is so tricky. Just because it’s the perfect excuse does NOT mean that it was NOT the reason. 

• Like (+1) 1