Best Firework Show(s) you ever saw?

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Stafford Carnival cira 1978.  I had dropped acid so not sure how good the show really was but it was pretty awesome in my brain.  

Hey brother..I have zero interest in putting more shot in our upper rings of fresh air...men are killing earth and the oceans..

But if you get off on it..power to you.

take the trip to your local guy in ca

gorilla glue..strain 4.

Trust me...you can go back to 1978 of you really want to.

23 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Hey brother..I have zero interest in putting more shot in our upper rings of fresh air...men are killing earth and the oceans..

But if you get off on it..power to you.

take the trip to your local guy in ca

gorilla glue..strain 4.

Trust me...you can go back to 1978 of you really want to.

Oh god no.  That's the last thing I want to do.  

Went to Hong Kong one Christmas season and the various stores and buildings competed with each other with displays.  Then during Christmas they did a two hour show over the harbor with fireworks going off from one end to the other with synchronized music going on from number of high rise buildings .   That was really great.

One summer we went to Darrien Lakes Six Flag on way to Buffalo family event and paid for just the night show.  Great show with fireworks and we considered seeing again on way out of area but decided it would be to late afterward to drive all the way to Virginia.

On 7/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Well..I hate to say it..but it's still bad.The last time I had to go..it was Millard Fillmore Suburban.

There’s a reason why it is referred to as Sloppy Joes.  

If I was in a bad car accident w/injuries on Harlem Rd right in front of Joes, I’d still insist on not being taken there.  

Edited by LabattBlue

Technically the best I've ever seen would have to be at Disney in Epcot but my personal favorite would be the neighborhood shows I used to put on with about 5 or 6 of my neighbors about 15 years or so ago now.  That's something I would love to be able to re-live but some people moved away, a couple of the guys are no longer friends due to something that happened between their wives....Life moves on but the memories will always be there

On 7/1/2019 at 12:30 PM, teef said:

the ones in boston are great.  the have the boston pops playing in the background to add to the flavor.  it's just one of those scenes that if you want to get a seat, you have to get there waaaaaay in advance.  i think people would even start looking for spots days before.  not sure if it's still the same way.

I was down at the Esplanade for the 1976 fireworks.   I don’t remember much about it, other than how impressive it was 

When I was a kid we would go to the Ormond Beach Country Club fireworks display.  I remember being in awe, but I was just a single digit age, so I don’t really know if they were anything special.  Probably not.

• Like (+1) 1