Best Firework Show(s) you ever saw?

I was in Shanghai working for a US corp during y2k changeover to monitor response to millennial change to determine any US quick response changes prior to rollover. The most amazing fireworks display I have ever witnessed & no crowd as I could watch from the office as it overlooked the Huangpu River where the fireworks barges were located. 

It ended up a non-event and a nice short vacation in China.

10 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The year I moved to my present house, had a pool put in and my neighbor two doors down fireworks extravaganza that summer all seemed to end up landing in it.

Yeah... When you think about it, consumer fireworks are pretty obnoxious.  What ever happened to:

Gadsden-flag.png

Has become:

4bb.png

Our local fireworks show, which I enjoy, lasts 10 minutes on the dot.

There is always a show put on by the Glens Falls Symphony Orchestra that I love.  The last couple years, they've been playing into the fireworks show, which I think is great.  There are also a bunch of food trucks around.  I love the evening, but wish the actual fireworks would go longer.

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There is always a show put on by the Glens Falls Symphony Orchestra that I love.  The last couple years, they've been playing into the fireworks show, which I think is great.  There are also a bunch of food trucks around.  I love the evening, but wish the actual fireworks would go longer.

10 minutes!  What the heck, the local car dealer Dude in Crown Point, Indiana puts on a 1/2 hour+  show with finale.

Wow... What a bunch of cheapskates.  @mead107 makes longer "glorious explosions" in a GBiD "Would Ya" thread!

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

10 minutes!  What the heck, the local car dealer Dude in Crown Point, Indiana puts on a 1/2 hour+  show with finale.

Wow... What a bunch of cheapskates.  @mead107 makes longer "glorious explosions" in a GBiD "Would Ya" thread!

You do know your hometown no longer has a firework display on the 4th?

Those that live in glass houses...shall not throw stones.

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You do know your hometown no longer has a firework display on the 4th?

Those that live in glass houses...shall not throw stones.

LoL... What is it on the 3rd? Not every town has them on 4th. If none at all, they need to get commercial sponsors!

Anyway... Do you remember the Ron Jaworski Stadium fireworks fiasco in the early 1980s... That forever traumatized my wife.  Looking for the story.  I think one person died.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Average firework display is 1,000 a minute...I hope your local libraries are not suffering cuts like most around the country are.

enjoy and don't forget to take a few hits of gorilla glue right before the display.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... What is it on the 3rd? Not every town has them on 4th. If none at all, they need to get commercial sponsors!

Anyway... Do you remember the Ron Jaworski Stadium fireworks fiasco in the early 1980s... That forever traumatized my wife.  Looking for the story.  I think one person died.

The display on the 3rd is a silly one..couple hundred people go to see a half added country singer.

Anyway...I joined the service in '82..came back home in 1988.

I'm pretty sure Cheektowaga had something bad happen..'90's?Thinking  the explosives started hitting St.Joe's/Sisters Charity..and the crowd...

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

The display on the 3rd is a silly one..couple hundred people go to see a half added country singer.

Anyway...I joined the service in '82..came back home in 1988.

I'm pretty sure Cheektowaga had something bad happen..'90's?Thinking  the explosives started hitting St.Joe's/Sisters Charity..and the crowd...

St.Joe's hospital needed to take mortar fire! ??

23 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Average firework display is 1,000 a minute...I hope your local libraries are not suffering cuts like most around the country are.

enjoy and don't forget to take a few hits of gorilla glue right before the display.

The local library's budget goes UP and I vote yes every time.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Rich Stadium around 1975 following the last North American show of the Stones tour. Let’s just say I.......might have been in the mood for a fireworks show. Nothing since has really compared. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The local library's budget goes UP and I vote yes every time.

You My Man are a champion!!!!

My wife heads a medium-sized to large town public library.  She will be thankful there are people like you!!!!

It's small peanuts on your tax bill and the services 10 fold dollar for dollar that is returned to taxpayer IFF they utilize the available services!!! Yet, it depends on what direction the library is moving and how modern their approach is!!!

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

My wife heads a medium-sized to large town public library.  She will be thankful there are people like you!!!!

It's small peanuts on your tax bill and the services 10 fold dollar for dollar that is returned to taxpayer IFF they utilize the available services!!! Yet, it depends on what direction the library is moving and how modern their approach is!!!

Oh, don't get me wrong.  I only do it because all librarians are sex pots.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Most here, big ones are put on, underwritten by buisness.  The one in Crown Point, Indiana IMO is a good.  Usually put on by the Chevy Dealer held at county fairgrounds.

Chicago puts on a Wednesday and Saturday night  extended display every week from Memorial Day to Labor Day... Over Navy Pier @ 21:30CDT.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, don't get me wrong.  I only do it because all librarians are sex pots.

Nice!!! I feel the same way too! LoL...

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

?

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

?

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

?

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

? 

?

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's small peanuts on your tax bill and the services 10 fold dollar for dollar that is returned to taxpayer IFF they utilize the available services!!

It's the only place to get DVD's to watch anymore. 

• Haha (+1) 1