PEGULA: Fan-related costs factor into stadium decision

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pegula was careful not to say he won't ask "taxpayers" to break the bank...

This an often mentioned, but not significant source of revenue.   There are very few events that would be appropriate for that size space every year.  Scan the events schedules for other domes stadiums.  There's really no stream of income there.

What tough is any major stadium tour is going to likely hit NYC and Toronto. I’d imagine often with the Toronto date being close enough to exclude buffalo contractually.

youd get some but not a ton. 

A few monster truck type events 

an occasional ncaa regional bracket which is cool

things that don’t likely show on those schedules include conventions, filming, quirky galas

as you mention, the dome would by more quality of life than return on investment 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m fine either way as long as they remain in WNY (which I fully assume is the case). What bothers me about retractable is if the weather isn’t PERFECT, they close the roof. I don’t mind a little weather, in fact I like that element. It’s the EXTREME stuff I hate, whether that’s in WNY or Florida. 

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

All edge, no point.

Chastises people for drinking commercial beers by citing commercial beers himself. If you're gonna be a beer hipster, try doing it right.

^this guy ?.  Then give me Ellicottville beer over any of those. 

19 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Don't be salty. I'm taking it easy on you, little buddy.

I'm not salty. I am just wondering why WNY loves the Blue Collar Identity and their Blue Genny Cream, when their is better beer out there  

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m fine either way as long as they remain in WNY (which I fully assume is the case). What bothers me about retractable is if the weather isn’t PERFECT, they close the roof. I don’t mind a little weather, in fact I like that element. It’s the EXTREME stuff I hate, whether that’s in WNY or Florida. 

There have been more than a couple games I would have skipped here with torrential rain. There’s little less appealing to me than sitting in a downpour for a few hours 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

There have been more than a couple games I would have skipped here with torrential rain. There’s little less appealing to me than sitting in a downpour for a few hours 

YOU’RE NO FAN!!!

?

I don’t want to sit through anything extreme, and that would qualify. Here in Atlanta they will close the dome I’d they have sprinkles in Alabama. It’s a balancing act. I hate a dome that is closed 98% of the time, but I see both sides. As the games get more expensive, you need to appeal more to the people who can afford them. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

May I ask a question out of ignorance? Could pegula retrofit the current stadium with his own money? Say 750 million? Wouldn't that still leave him with roughly 2 billion dollars? 

Yes I think the remodel cost would be around 5.2 million

10 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I'm not salty. I am just wondering why WNY loves the Blue Collar Identity and their Blue Genny Cream, when their is better beer out there  

i don't think this is a wny thing at all.  i'll drink light beer and i'll drink "good" beers.  if i'm up and out all drinking at a game all day, i'm drinking light beer.  if i was to end up drinking ipas over the course of hours, i'll end up feeling disgusting.  concerning blue and genny...well, that happens to be the local beers so it's not much of a shocker there.  on top of that, you mention genny cream ale.  i don't think i've ever seen a person drink a cream ale at a game ever.  i can't even remember the last time i was at a function and saw it.

Edited by teef

Just now, teef said:

i don't think this is a wny thing at all.  i'll drink light beer and i'll drink "good" beers.  if i'm up and out all drinking at a game all day, i'm drinking light beer.  if i was to end up drinking ipas of the course of hours, i'll end up feeling disgusting.  concerning blue and genny...well, that happens to be the local beers so it's not much of a shocker there.  on top of that, you mention genny cream ale.  i don't think i've ever seen a person drink a cream ale at a game ever.  i can't even remember the last time i was at a function and saw it.

Yes.  Im all about good beers.

But what you are describing is what I call "Marathon Beers".  Completely necessary for a Bills game day type of setting, or camping with the guys, etc.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i don't think this is a wny thing at all.  i'll drink light beer and i'll drink "good" beers.  if i'm up and out all drinking at a game all day, i'm drinking light beer.  if i was to end up drinking ipas of the course of hours, i'll end up feeling disgusting.  concerning blue and genny...well, that happens to be the local beers so it's not much of a shocker there.  on top of that, you mention genny cream ale.  i don't think i've ever seen a person drink a cream ale at a game ever.  i can't even remember the last time i was at a function and saw it.

This post is salty.

Just now, May Day 10 said:

Yes.  Im all about good beers.

But what you are describing is what I call "Marathon Beers".  Completely necessary for a Bills game day type of setting, or camping with the guys, etc.

absolutely.  i'm the same way.  if it's extended drinking, i want something light.  some people may not have to go that route, but as i'm getting older, i lose too much time after going out like that, so the light beer helps to take the edge off.  if i'm at home having dinner outside, i'll have a couple of good beers.  it's nice to have the option.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This post is salty.

salty like genny cream ale?