Brady throwing 61 mph?

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

That was the reading from a sensor on his wrist and was tied to the velocity of his fingers.  The drag force on a football should be way more than that of a baseball so the difference in velocity from release to target should be significant.  So, it would matter greatly where along the flight of the ball that the measurement takes place.

Interesting.  

ever hear of going out on top and not on a backslide?  

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He'd be a d-bag if he kept playing after he was no longer an asset to his team.

I don't know how anyone can hold it against him that he wants to play as long as he can.  He's still a top 5 active QB in the league. 

the goatiest goat of all goats should RETIRE 

If he loves it so much, get into the Booth or Coaching. (if he's not to selfish) 

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't know how anyone can hold it against him that he wants to play as long as he can.  He's still a top 5 active QB in the league. 

Personally, I hope he plays long enough for us to beat them twice in a season. And, I hope (although doubt) it will be this season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Personally, I hope he plays long enough for us to beat them twice in a season. And, I hope (although doubt) it will be this season.

I was just about to type this exact sentiment.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

With a record of 29 and 3, Tom Brady has won 90% ( 89.66% to be precise ) of his games vs the Bills.....I vote for him retiring now.....winning a few games if/when he's a shadow of himself won't do it for me...what, he'll be 29-6...I'd rather him be gone...right away...unfortunately, he wants to play...and he's still a very good QB.....so...I hope he retires because NE will still be a powerhouse with him behind center.....

5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Interesting thing about that link:

IF Brady* did, indeed, throw a ball at 61mph, the only QB ever drafted (at least since 2007) who could throw it faster at the combine was... Josh Allen. That 62mph was the fastest ever recorded at the combine.

One thing I wonder about that metric, though: What are the circumstances for that stat? Is it literally, "see how fast you can throw it?" Or, are they running a drill, and measuring other things as well as speed of the ball? What is the context for the throw?

They are not just going up there and throwing it as hard as they could

The velocity is calculated during QB drills , so the velocity is just a bonus

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

They are not just going up there and throwing it as hard as they could

The velocity is calculated during QB drills , so the velocity is just a bonus

Cool. To my mind, that makes Allen's accomplishment that much more impressive. I read elsewhere, recently, that Allen had the longest throw through the air, last season. 68.8 yards through the air, for a completion.

15 minutes ago, BidsJr said:

Is this in any way related to “the human body was not recommended to play football”?       ?

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

yes he is top 5 or better.

earned every bit of it. even with the cheating. The girly man can play QB no doubt.

but that dancing video thing.

i suppose it is attractive to some fellows.....

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Is this in any way related to “the human body was not recommended to play football”?       ?

and whaley's wisdom lives on