Brady throwing 61 mph?

That is a baseball mph reader, can't even call it a radar gun because it isn't a gun, IDK what it is, handheld something I've never heard of and my son was a pitcher in college and i've used some different radar guns.

Maybe it was Bradys golf ball off his tee shot.  

People have always under estimated Brady's arm strength just because he throws short a lot and doesn't really let it rip a lot.  I've seen him throw some darts and was little surprised he had that much velocity by it.

I don't doubt he can throw it 61 mph.  He just doesn't use it very often because of the passer he is.  

It's similar to pitchers.  A teammate of mine was drafted in the 4th round in the MLB draft.  I used to watch his bullpen sessions when scouts were there.  

He could hit 97-98 mph when he reared back and threw it.  In the games, he stayed around 91-93 mph because of he didn't have consistent control just letting it rip and plus, he could last longer.  If he threw it as fast as he could every pitch...he would last 3-4 innings and his arm is done.  He was a starter, not a closer or mid relief.  

More are like this as well.  Gregg Maddux could hit mid 90's but wouldn't go above 90 mph very often.  

He threw this from the 40, on the line to the 8 yard line.  That's got some velocity.

Image result for tom brady throwing gif

31 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Sports science clocked Allen at 74 mph ?

That was the reading from a sensor on his wrist and was tied to the velocity of his fingers.  The drag force on a football should be way more than that of a baseball so the difference in velocity from release to target should be significant.  So, it would matter greatly where along the flight of the ball that the measurement takes place.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

he's cheating again 

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

Year: 2018 - Josh Allen Wyoming 62 (Left) 62 (Right)

Interesting thing about that link:

IF Brady* did, indeed, throw a ball at 61mph, the only QB ever drafted (at least since 2007) who could throw it faster at the combine was... Josh Allen. That 62mph was the fastest ever recorded at the combine.

One thing I wonder about that metric, though: What are the circumstances for that stat? Is it literally, "see how fast you can throw it?" Or, are they running a drill, and measuring other things as well as speed of the ball? What is the context for the throw?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

he's cheating again 

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

Year: 2018 - Josh Allen Wyoming 62 (Left) 62 (Right)

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2019-nfl-draft/2019/03/10/ball-velocity-is-bunk/

The idea of a minimum amount of necessary arm strength does make some sense, but the idea that there’s a hard threshold at exactly 55 doesn’t pass muster. Many of the most successful quarterbacks who actually threw at the Combine—more on that in a minute—barely cleared the 55 threshold. Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson, and Jameis Winston measured at exactly 55, while Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Marcus Mariota were at 56. Prior to 2016, it was arguably as difficult to find a successful passer with a 57+ as it was to find one who threw under 55. If so many of the quarterbacks who went on to have productive careers barely cleared the 55 mark, it’s absurd to think a passer who registers a 53 or 54 can’t succeed.

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from the Combine:   60 - Mahomes

Wasn't Allen gunned at 66 once?

34 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wasn't Allen gunned at 66 once?

someone mentioned that but the 2 instances I saw said 62 

54 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Interesting thing about that link:

IF Brady* did, indeed, throw a ball at 61mph, the only QB ever drafted (at least since 2007) who could throw it faster at the combine was... Josh Allen. That 62mph was the fastest ever recorded at the combine.

One thing I wonder about that metric, though: What are the circumstances for that stat? Is it literally, "see how fast you can throw it?" Or, are they running a drill, and measuring other things as well as speed of the ball? What is the context for the throw?

It is possible that this # could be true...

and if it is ....    he has to have lost Zip on the ball at age 42.  Stating that he's had to be throwing a football close to 70 looking like this 

Tom-Brady-shirtless-02-15-15.jpg

Tom Brady has been the poster child for "You don't need elite arm strength or physical tools to be a great QB"... now, in his 40's he's suddenly a gun slinger who can zip the ball on par with guys like Mahomes and Allen in their early 20's??? Yeah, pretty sure Brady is just messing with everybody, per usual.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is a classic Brady/Patriots/Bob Kraft type of thing.   Their insecurity is laughable.

Every time bloated Bob accepts a post game trophy or award, all he can do is talk about "greatest of all time" and "best in history" instead of just talking about his team and the dedication/skill/teamwork blah blah whatever.  He always has to compare and defend and he worries so much about everyone being sure there was never a better franchise ever in the world since the beginning of time.   

I WILL admit, an 80 year old guy with a mullet like Bob's is pretty impressive, even for a Canadian.  I wonder if his hairstylist is an oppressed Asian hooker like his massage lady?

Anyway, I see the same thing in Brady with this kind of stuff.  Edelman too.   Michael Jordan had it and it was so pathetic.   There are poor losers for sure, but nothing sadder than a poor winner.  Then when the have to retire they get weird and even more insecure.

OK Tom, you have a radar gun that SAYS your arm is strong.   When we were all falling asleep during the superbowl as you took the field in the 4th Q and your team had only scored three points in the whole game I wonder if you felt insecure, like maybe you'd dropped from great to good.  I see now you have.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

I think it's nice that someone, as he ages, can continue to do what he loves to do at a high level.

I think it's nice that someone, as he ages knows when its time to hang them up especially when he has nothing left to prove!!!

OH and one more thing?    Was it a football or a baseball?  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I think it's nice that someone, as he ages knows when its time to hang them up especially when he has nothing left to prove!!!

He's got plenty to prove.  He wants to prove that he's still the best and that he can still lead his team to the Super Bowl.

Why would he have nothing to prove? 

That's like saying MLB should shut down the Yankees because they've won 27 World Series.  Nothing left to prove!

Everyone complaining in this thread is mad about one thing .... that Tom Brady wasn't/isn't a Buffalo Bill.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

OH and one more thing?    Was it a football or a baseball?  

And, what was the psi?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He's got plenty to prove.  He wants to prove that he's still the best and that he can still lead his team to the Super Bowl.

That's like saying MLB should shut down the Yankees because they've won 27 World Series.  Nothing left to prove!

Everyone complaining in this thread is mad about one thing .... that Tom Brady wasn't/isn't a Buffalo Bill.

If Brady decided to play for the Bills, I would throw up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Gugny said:

Sorry bud.     6 SB rings, 9 total visits?

In 2019, the Patriots won Super Bowl LIII, earning Brady his sixth super bowl title, becoming the first player in history to have won six Super Bowls. Over his career, Brady has won three league MVP awards, sixSuper Bowls, and four Super Bowl MVP Awards

He has absolutely nothing left to prove (other than he's a d-bag)  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In 2019, the Patriots won Super Bowl LIII, earning Brady his sixth super bowl title, becoming the first player in history to have won six Super Bowls. Over his career, Brady has won three league MVP awards, sixSuper Bowls, and four Super Bowl MVP Awards

He hasn't proven that?

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Tom Brady has been the poster child for "You don't need elite arm strength or physical tools to be a great QB"... now, in his 40's he's suddenly a gun slinger who can zip the ball on par with guys like Mahomes and Allen in their early 20's??? Yeah, pretty sure Brady is just messing with everybody, per usual.  

Exactly if he's going to post a fake reading to try and say he isn't losing arm strength he would of been better off with something closer to the middle of the road not the 2nd highest rating recorded.

27 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He'd be a d-bag if he kept playing after he was no longer an asset to his team.

I don't know how anyone can hold it against him that he wants to play as long as he can.  He's still a top 5 active QB in the league.