Matt Milano defensive MVP

On 6/30/2019 at 8:27 PM, Boca BIlls said:

Not one person here is sleeping on him... Where did you hear a single person say this?

i did get a solid nap in. no lie.

but at my age..

hope he returns healthy !

who is the 3rd LB though.is a 4-3 Joseph ?

Edmund needs the year two  to do the tighten up .
Milano is fun as heck to watch come out of no where seemingly.

could be beastly or we could struggle.

can i go back to my nap now?

TC will come soon enough

Edited by 3rdand12

On 6/30/2019 at 4:12 PM, Georgie said:

Seriously,this post is a waste of time. We ALL know about Milano and I am sick of  the term "dont sleep on". As if YOU discovered him...Try to have an original take 

Nice use of your time responding to this waste of a time post, Georgie.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/1/2019 at 8:51 PM, 3rdand12 said:

i did get a solid nap in. no lie.

but at my age..

hope he returns healthy !

who is the 3rd LB though.is a 4-3 Joseph ?

Edmund needs the year two  to do the tighten up .
Milano is fun as heck to watch come out of no where seemingly.

could be beastly or we could struggle.

can i go back to my nap now?

TC will come soon enough

Alexander will be the strong side LBr

I think we all know Milano is a budding star, but 90% of fans of other teams have probably never heard of him. If he had his 2018 season for a big market team, he'd be on every "breakout player" list.

I wanna just break up some of the bashing, and say that I am STOKED to see Milano this year! He’s going to be an absolute beast. The way he reads a play and is able to run downhill to make a play, while avoiding blockers is something only 25% of NFL linebackers can do. Edmunds hasn’t been able to do this yet, but he’s still very good. Milano reminds me so much of Lavonte David from the Bucs. He’s a gem! Probably should be the face of our defense. 

Matt Milano is one of several cases on the Bills where the present regime has a real good feel for matching players to systems.  Matt Milano on a team with a 3-4 defense would be at best a special teamer.  I think even some 4-3 defenses would find him something of a poor fit,  but Matt Milano in McDermott's 4-3?  Awesome!  Ed Oliver may be another one.  He probably has enough talent to be scheme flexible, but he has the potential to be a perennial pro bowler for McDermott. Tre White was regarded fairly highly coming out of college, but lots of observers thought he had limitations.  McDermott's zone defense on the back end facilitates greatness for him, even as he's had the chance to work on some of his limitations in man coverage.  

On 6/30/2019 at 3:16 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I don't disagree with your assessment of Milano, but I've heard plenty. Not quite sure where "forgotten" comes from.

...agree bud...plenty of press about how he was missed doesn't mean "forgotten"....plenty of TBD posts asking for updates...thought that the kid was a bit smallish, but NEVER anticipated his veracity and contribution.....just another 5th round gem ala Meatball....so before I return to "under my rock", keep an eye on two more potential 5th round gems, Neal (2018) and Joseph (2019)...stay tuned....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Matt Milano is one of several cases on the Bills where the present regime has a real good feel for matching players to systems.  Matt Milano on a team with a 3-4 defense would be at best a special teamer.  I think even some 4-3 defenses would find him something of a poor fit,  but Matt Milano in McDermott's 4-3?  Awesome!  Ed Oliver may be another one.  He probably has enough talent to be scheme flexible, but he has the potential to be a perennial pro bowler for McDermott. Tre White was regarded fairly highly coming out of college, but lots of observers thought he had limitations.  McDermott's zone defense on the back end facilitates greatness for him, even as he's had the chance to work on some of his limitations in man coverage.  

Most NFL players fall into the role of scheme fit player

Only the truly elite elite players are plug and play players fit for every scheme

If you put 90% of NFL players in the perfect scheme they will be very good... Because they were scooped up for a reason and can play. That's why UDFAs sometimes become pro bowlers. They always had the talent, just not in the right fit

Milano would probably be a fit for any attacking 43 team as a WILL as he has the speed and instincts to run with TEs and backs but you are absolutely right he would be out of place in a 34 even as the WILL on the inside

Tre was the most polished corner in that draft to me as he played all techniques and coverages at a good level. Though he was supreme in zone especially cover 3

Where he can get lost a bit is in man vs a straight burner because he doenst have 4.3 speed or vs a big physical WR because he's 5'11

But you can gameplan for those things and he will learn. Just has to sit 7 yards off a guy with 4.3 speed and not press him

Edited by Buffalo716

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree bud...plenty of press about how he was missed doesn't mean "forgotten"....plenty of TBD posts asking for updates...thought that the kid was a bit smallish, but NEVER anticipated his veracity and contribution.....just another 5th round gem ala Meatball....so before I return to "under my rock", keep an eye on two more potential 5th round gems, Neal (2018) and Joseph (2019)...stay tuned....

Value wise, Joseph was my favorite pick of the draft. Gonna be a challenge to find a position for him, but he's a playmaker. Any defensive staff worth their salt will find a way to get a playmaker on the field.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:22 PM, NewDayBills said:

People are being too hard on the OP, let it slide guys. Be happy we have a spectacular young duo in Edmunds and Milano for the next decade. Happy thoughts guys.

How often do players stay on one team for a decade?

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Alexander will be the strong side LBr

Hmmm.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

How often do players stay on one team for a decade?

for as long as it takes. how about steelers LBs ?

37 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

This. 

not plenty but enough.

if they are solid and not crazy overvalued

I expect good things again from Milano. There have been several write ups of him. Plus the addition of new players may have taken some attention away...but not much.

Edited by Rocket94