Bills Stadium Situation A Big, Big Nut To Crack...

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not at all.  I personally find it silly to think that a man who's made billions of dollars suddenly doesn't care whether he makes money simply because it's the Bills.

No one in their right mind would spend over a billion dollars without the PRIMARY goal of making it back and then some.

I do believe that winning is more important to Terry Pegula than it was to Ralph Wilson.  Did I believe it after he came in and hired Rex Ryan?  NO.  And justifiably so.

I'm not a hockey fan, but I'm around enough Sabres fans on here to know that his tenure as owner of that team has not been successful ... if one considers building winning teams as a success.

The Pegula/Bills story is just beginning.  But I'll side with, "Rich Billionaire Wants to Get Richer," as the likely headline until I see a reason to believe otherwise.

...so then did he categorize in inner circles (forget the link request crap) that the Bills were "Kim's baby"?....perhaps we have a huge disconnect as far as his community enriching ventures versus SOLELY looking for financial gain......why the Harbor Center major investment?......why purchase additional real estate in downtown Buffalo?...why purchase the AHL  Amerks in Rochester, negotiate to take over management of the arena and then pledge $10 mil towards upgrades?....couldn't he find safer less speculative investment vehicles if his SOLE purpose was to make money?....just curious as to why you  underestimate the guy's sense of community.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then did he categorize in inner circles (forget the link request crap) that the Bills were "Kim's baby"?....perhaps we have a huge disconnect as far as his community enriching ventures versus SOLELY looking for financial gain......why the Harbor Center major investment?......why purchase additional real estate in downtown Buffalo?...why purchase the AHL  Amerks in Rochester, negotiate to take over management of the arena and then pledge $10 mil towards upgrades?....couldn't he find safer less speculative investment vehicles if his SOLE purpose was to make money?....just curious as to why you  underestimate the guy's sense of community.....

I hear Terry is investing in Canada. Details in the future and no it's not land for a stadium.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Not at all.  I personally find it silly to think that a man who's made billions of dollars suddenly doesn't care whether he makes money simply because it's the Bills.

No one in their right mind would spend over a billion dollars without the PRIMARY goal of making it back and then some.

I do believe that winning is more important to Terry Pegula than it was to Ralph Wilson.  Did I believe it after he came in and hired Rex Ryan?  NO.  And justifiably so.

I'm not a hockey fan, but I'm around enough Sabres fans on here to know that his tenure as owner of that team has not been successful ... if one considers building winning teams as a success.

The Pegula/Bills story is just beginning.  But I'll side with, "Rich Billionaire Wants to Get Richer," as the likely headline until I see a reason to believe otherwise.

He is pretty much guaranteed a profit, that’s the NFL. The NHL? Not quite so much. Yet, he/they continue to pump dollars into both franchises. 

I’m not so cynical as to believe that the only reason for this is more money.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

He is pretty much guaranteed a profit, that’s the NFL. The NHL? Not quite so much. Yet, he/they continue to pump dollars into both franchises. 

I’m not so cynical as to believe that the only reason for this is more money.

I don't' think it's the only reason, either.

I'm simply stating that in his first major move as the owner, he effectively destroyed what was a decent team headed in the right direction.  And he made money in the process.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm simply stating that in his first major move as the owner, he effectively destroyed what was a decent team headed in the right direction.  And he made money in the process.

What part of guaranteed profit can you not understand?

They made mistakes, they’ll make more. Give them hell for that, not because they make a profit, Comrade.

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

They made mistakes, they’ll make more. Give them hell for that, not because they make a profit, Comrade.

You ARE being rude today.  Ornery, even.

36 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That team's ceiling was 9. It wasn't going anywhere.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

That team's ceiling was 9. It wasn't going anywhere.

It certainly didn't get better with a gutted defense and Tyrod ***** Taylor ... thanks to the Pegulas.  But again ... record-setting season ticket sales.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It certainly didn't get better with a gutted defense and Tyrod ***** Taylor ... thanks to the Pegulas.  But again ... record-setting season ticket sales.

No, it kind of floated along where it belonged...with a bloated salary cap problem. 

Just leave the stadium alone. It's perfect for the market. The only thing they need to do to sell more tickets is win more games. Buffalo needs to focus on improving their economy if they want to replace their blue collar clientele with box seats and PSLs.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Your old friend Half Baked is to blame for the on the field product, not the owner. 

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

I think is pretty insulting to imply he works for the POTUS.

His argument is very gungy but not a section of the fanbase (as it is) has not argued before.

25 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Your old friend Half Baked is to blame for the on the field product, not the owner. 

Half Baked was neutered by the point Ryan was brought in and, subsequently, Taylor.  Those two additions ended up making the team suck.  A lot.  And Half Baked had nothing to do with that.  It was all Pegula.

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Half Baked was neutered by the point Ryan was brought in and, subsequently, Taylor.  Those two additions ended up making the team suck.  A lot.  And Half Baked had nothing to do with that.  It was all Pegula.

Nnnnnh. Not so sure on that.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Nnnnnh. Not so sure on that.

Hiring Rex Ryan mean the imminent destruction of the top 3 defense Whaley was instrumental in building.  There is no way he endorsed that hiring.

Just now, Gugny said:

Hiring Rex Ryan mean the imminent destruction of the top 3 defense Whaley was instrumental in building.  There is no way he endorsed that hiring.

Great built a defense. How'd he do with the O? How about that cap management, too? QB situation? Management of first round picks? Sorry, dude wasn't just high all the time. He was terrible.