Bills Stadium Situation A Big, Big Nut To Crack...

41 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

We are all New York, it’s not two separate entities.  It would be the height of foolishness to even think about splitting up the state.  It would result in less national importance, and create the poorest north east state on purpose.  Why would anyone in their right mind want to be the Mississippi of the north east?  Just sayin, 

Go Bills !!

You sound like you were born in NYC.  When I was in college there was always a discussion on this (once economic major wrote his thesis on it) and those from SE NY were never in favor of it and the rest were not.  One guy from Lon Gisland (how he pronounced it) would say why would we want to let the serfs go?

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

The Bills are owned by a man who loves one thing and one thing only - money.  And he'll do anything for more.  Anything.

Are you saying he might take a part time gig at an Asian day spa???   ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Those in Albany are to busy dumping all the tax payer dollars into the black hole better known as NYC, in the recent past they have put tax payer funds up for the new Yankee stadium, Mets stadium, Brooklyn Nets arena & no telling how much NY tax dollars went to fund the new Meadowlands stadium in NEW JERSEY, soon i would think their hockey teams will need new houses too not to mention they also have the knicks !

So i don't ever see (in my life time) the Bills getting any funds from the state for a new building because they are a after thought in NY sports & Roger won't re-appropriate any of his pay check to go to help build his hime town team a new home so just keep updating the Ralph it's not that bad !!

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

The Bills are owned by a man who loves one thing and one thing only - money.  And he'll do anything for more.  Anything.

...quite the narrow sighted crock of crap.......he paid $1.4 BILLION in cash.......think about investing the SAME amount in a conservative vehicle and what his ROI would be....for tax purposes, I'd book no less than a jumbo rate interest bearing CD as a liability to mitigate taxes or consultant my tax accountants as to the maximum accrual under IRS rules.....solely about money?...you're way, WAY off base..........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...quite the narrow sighted crock of crap.......he paid $1.4 BILLION in cash.......think about investing the SAME amount in a conservative vehicle and what his ROI would be....for tax purposes, I'd book no less than a jumbo rate interest bearing CD as a liability to mitigate taxes or consultant my tax accountants as to the maximum accrual under IRS rules.....solely about money?...you're way, WAY off base..........

I respect your opinion although I think it's naive.

2 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Or put it next to the Anchor Bar , they can see and smell the wings being shaken.. 

I know a great spot near there, on Jefferson and Best!

There's already a track and field on site, but the front gate area is just an old Rockpile.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

He dismantled a top 3 defense by hiring Rex Ryan, and in the process set a record for season ticket sales.  He's a money guy.

i am sorry but that is an example of poor management at worst- Marrones opted out so the top 3 Defense was not staying. Also your argument of an additional 5 million a year in ticket sales matters to a dude who dropped 300 million fixing up downtown Buffalo makes it clear you have made up your mind and no evidence will show you otherwise

It has been proven over and over there is no economic boost from a stadium. It won't create jobs downtown. It just doesn't work no matter how the owners or politicians spin it. It is just an excuse to get taxpayers to fund the stadium.  

I have no real issue with tax payer funded stadium.  The public gets more out of having the Buffalo Bills than most things the government funds. I prefer a regional tax on alcohol and cigarettes to help fund the stadium.  Too bad they can't ask Ontario to chip in some funds as well.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

You sound like you were born in NYC.  When I was in college there was always a discussion on this (once economic major wrote his thesis on it) and those from SE NY were never in favor of it and the rest were not.  One guy from Lon Gisland (how he pronounced it) would say why would we want to let the serfs go?

NYC is the economic heart of NYS. Without it, WNY is among the poorest states in the nation. Anyway, of course NYS can afford it. They will simply spend that money somewhere else so it may as well be here. NEF is pushing 50, and it’s time. No, stadiums do not do much for the local economy. No one really believes they do, but that’s not what this is all about anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It has been proven over and over there is no economic boost from a stadium. It won't create jobs downtown. It just doesn't work no matter how the owners or politicians spin it. It is just an excuse to get taxpayers to fund the stadium.  

I have no real issue with tax payer funded stadium.  The public gets more out of having the Buffalo Bills than most things the government funds. I prefer a regional tax on alcohol and cigarettes to help fund the stadium.  Too bad they can't ask Ontario to chip in some funds as well.

No one really thinks that there is an economic boost. If you want your team, you have to pay to play. That’s just how it is in the NFL. The Bills aren’t operating in some vacuum, why should it be any different ? State government keeps us on the hook for so much crap, and that won’t stop if they don’t kick in toward a new stadium. They will continue to spend our money freely regardless. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I grew up in Rochester NY, so no...

i just don’t think dividing people vs finding common ground is a good idea, makes the country weaker when anyone does that. We are one country made up of immigrants from all over the this world. It’s who we are like it or not.

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I respect your opinion although I think it's naive.

...if in fact Pegula was "all about money", why state that he does not want fans to "break the bank" if a new stadium happens?....smoke, ruse or fan schmooze before the financial bomb hits?..what do you see as his motives as far as sounding to be fan friendly now?........just curious....

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

One feature I hope they incorporate are "clubs" in the cheap seats. What I mean are concession areas where you can still watch the game from with better food and drink, but they are open to anyone.

I will tell ya this, I love the food and services in my club seats. If they were to add a higher level of food/drink in a more traditional seat I would think the cost may go up some for the seat or maybe the concessions increase along with an automatic gratuity? Interesting thought for sure!

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

troll

Not at all.  I personally find it silly to think that a man who's made billions of dollars suddenly doesn't care whether he makes money simply because it's the Bills.

No one in their right mind would spend over a billion dollars without the PRIMARY goal of making it back and then some.

I do believe that winning is more important to Terry Pegula than it was to Ralph Wilson.  Did I believe it after he came in and hired Rex Ryan?  NO.  And justifiably so.

I'm not a hockey fan, but I'm around enough Sabres fans on here to know that his tenure as owner of that team has not been successful ... if one considers building winning teams as a success.

The Pegula/Bills story is just beginning.  But I'll side with, "Rich Billionaire Wants to Get Richer," as the likely headline until I see a reason to believe otherwise.

3 hours ago, T master said:

Those in Albany are to busy dumping all the tax payer dollars into the black hole better known as NYC, in the recent past they have put tax payer funds up for the new Yankee stadium, Mets stadium, Brooklyn Nets arena & no telling how much NY tax dollars went to fund the new Meadowlands stadium in NEW JERSEY, soon i would think their hockey teams will need new houses too not to mention they also have the knicks !

So i don't ever see (in my life time) the Bills getting any funds from the state for a new building because they are a after thought in NY sports & Roger won't re-appropriate any of his pay check to go to help build his hime town team a new home so just keep updating the Ralph it's not that bad !!

WTF??

NYC is the revenue engine for the state.  It brings in a disproportionately high amount of tax revenue and receives a disproportionate amount of funding back, based on the % of NYS residents who live there.  Meanwhile Upstate produces far less tax revenue, yet receives a disproportionally high amount of state funding for its population.  This is hardly news.