Bills Stadium Situation A Big, Big Nut To Crack...

6 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

As I recall, Bon Jovi never actually had 1.4 Billion that the Pegula's reportedly paid for the franchise. And as for Trump, latest news reports appear to indicate that he didn't have the funds either and may have committed "bank fraud" with regard to his application/bid... I think most of us would agree that the Bills will NEVER be able to command the PSL fees nor the kind of "suite sales" that major markets could. But with the coming of "legalized gambling" that is being talked about right now in addition to the fact that the Bills regularly sell out the stadium, the Bills franchise still brings in a rather tidy sum of money into Pegula's and the NFL's coffers. Obviously, there will most likely be someone out there with the funds to purchase the team IF it were ever put up for sale, But the Pegula's don't seem to be in any particular hurry to build a new stadium and certainly they are not losing money on the team. At some point a new stadium will be built. I don't believe that further remodeling of New Era would be an option. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out... 

Bon Jovi was the “ face “ of his ownership group , but he wasn’t the money. He’s rich, but not NFL owner rich. His partners ( and probably himself) weren’t interested in the Bills ( at least not in Buffalo) past a certain price point. The Bills in Buffalo can generate more revenue, but not as much as other cities. 

18 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So you are basing a new stadium on needing different beer?

No but getting away from the Blue Collar identity would go a long way. Pricing the fans that just show up to party would go a long way.  Better food would help too. Nothing wrong with having better beer too. 

15 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

No but getting away from the Blue Collar identity would go a long way. Pricing the fans that just show up to party would go a long way.  Better food would help too. Nothing wrong with having better beer too. 

Do you know who is willing to pay the most?  Opposing fans are.  They are not usually interesting in tailgating experience so a downtown stadium would be win for them and scalpers.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I have never seen a fanbase so upset by getting a new stadium. I would love to see one built like the one the Browns play in. From what I have seen of it, it looks really nice and probably has amenities like their baseball stadium. Almost all the Cleveland area craft brews have a booth. WNY needs to get over loving their game day brews of Blue and Genny. Two of the worst beers ever. 

A new  domed stadium downtown is probably what's going to happen. Limit tailgating to Bills owned lots, aka no more Hammers lot, to generate more revenue and get people to spend more money in the stadium. I know a lot of you here don't want that but the team also wants to draw more family oriented people and limit the amount of drunks at games. 

Putting it downtown would cause people to tailgate in bars and other businesses, which I think would lead to an increase in revenue for the City. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/30/2019 at 3:57 PM, Mc1320 said:

Arrowhead Stadium is just as old as New Era, so why isn’t the NFL banging on KC to build a new stadium?  Pure shameless capitalism by a bunch of greedy old men.  The Pegulas/state/county should invest $400-600 million to renovate the current stadium and tell the NFL to stuff it.

After paying $1.4 billion too buy the team, there is no way the NFL can force the Bills to move regardless of the NFL by-laws.  And if the Pegulas decided to move the Bills, they will have to sell/move the Sabres and their restaurants and hotels because no one in this town would patronize anything they owned going forward.

...would certainly be very interesting to see what those dollars bring as far as improvements especially the $600 mil......for $242 more (today's dollars valuation), you can replicate Lucas Oil Field, domed and all......

25 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Do you know who is willing to pay the most?  Opposing fans are.  They are not usually interesting in tailgating experience so a downtown stadium would be win for them and scalpers.

There is nothing wrong with that. When I go to Sabres games I hit up one of the bars for some food and a couple of drinks then head to the game. 

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...would certainly be very interesting to see what those dollars bring as far as improvements especially the $600 mil......for $242 more (today's dollars valuation), you can replicate Lucas Oil Field, domed and all......

Fake news guy......Lucas Oil cost $720 million to build and construction started in 2006 bro. 

On 6/30/2019 at 9:51 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

This could not be more wrong. 31 NFL owners would vote to move the Bills anywhere. San Antonio, Toronto, Mexico City, Norfolk, etc. No Pegula, no Buffalo Bills. Period.

You are correct. It is sad that even a small market like Green Bay would vote to move as well as crappy franchises like Miami and Jacksonville that have apathetic fan bases. 

I hope they just continue to invest money in the current stadium.

And I remember a couple years ago after they had the semi big renovation that even Jerry Jones made a comment about how he didn't think the Bills necessarily needed a new stadium. (I searched and searched for a link but couldn't find it. Anyone remember that quote?)

1 hour ago, Mc1320 said:

Fake news guy......Lucas Oil cost $720 million to build and construction started in 2006 bro. 

...what's fake?........

Broke ground September 20, 2005
Opened August 16, 2008
Construction cost US$720 million[3]
($843 million in 2018 dollars[4])

21 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I have never seen a fanbase so upset by getting a new stadium. I would love to see one built like the one the Browns play in. From what I have seen of it, it looks really nice and probably has amenities like their baseball stadium. Almost all the Cleveland area craft brews have a booth. WNY needs to get over loving their game day brews of Blue and Genny. Two of the worst beers ever. 

A new  domed stadium downtown is probably what's going to happen. Limit tailgating to Bills owned lots, aka no more Hammers lot, to generate more revenue and get people to spend more money in the stadium. I know a lot of you here don't want that but the team also wants to draw more family oriented people and limit the amount of drunks at games. 

Couldn’t agree more form the beer to the dome. It’s going to happen. They want a new convention center and this dome stadium will act as that. The county would be much more willing to give some loot for a multipurpose facility. Being so close to the border, having a state of the art convention center is a great idea. Been saying for years, the perry projects is the target. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/30/2019 at 11:56 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Can they just update the actual existing structure for safety reasons and stay where they are? Just make it so the thing isnt going to fall down. Does such technology exist?

This is exactly what is going to happen

We wlil be babbling about a new stadium for the next 50 years

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's what I think will end up happening as well.  Outdoor stadiums are awesome but a dome makes a game more comfortable for everyone.  I've got family members in their 60's that won't go to a game past October because of the weather.  

Agree with the 2nd bolded part as well.

• Like (+1) 2

When push comes to shove, I suspect that the “P’s” will hire a smart designer/construction firm ( likely already have) who will create what the “P’s” want. Taking into consideration every aspect that is needed.  It’s not that hard to do for the pros, right now it’s about getting the financial ducks in a row.  This sort of thing takes a fair bit of time to fruition, so I suspect the announcement is approximately three years out.  Then the “P’s” will announce the new downtown location.

Over time the old stadium will be taken down, leaving the field area as part of the training facility. 

That at is how I read what’s going on at present.

Go Bills!!

On 6/30/2019 at 12:51 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

This could not be more wrong. 31 NFL owners would vote to move the Bills anywhere. San Antonio, Toronto, Mexico City, Norfolk, etc. No Pegula, no Buffalo Bills. Period.

San Antonio- Cowboys country- most likely will never see an NFL team

Toronto- Look no further than that 5 year abortion 

Norfolk/Hampton etc... Skins country

There isn’t that many places left to put an NFL team, imo

22 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Not necessarily. Some playoff games were not even sold out during Kelly years.

There are compromises between domes and open stadiums which help protect stands but nothing will solve roads issues.

Yes this is true... Is it weather based ?  If it is weather based than the reality is we need a retractable roof. Can't have people staying home because they don't wanbt to be in th elements in December / January

If its not weather based then maybe we are not a city capable of generating the revenue necessary, and therefore should be moved to place that can generate the revenue. I know so many here are against a roof of any kind.. but as you are pointing out even when we were winning we weren't selling out in December / January....  Although the stadium did house about 10k more those days

Myself I am all in on retractable roof option. It just makes more fiscal sense.. You will get more revenue out of a retractable roofed stadium in this area. Now the only formula is ROI for sed roof. if its positive then tis happening IMO. 

Nice option about a retractable roof is you can decide to leave it open when Miami comes to town late in the season

Edited by ddaryl

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:48 PM, Just Joshin' said:

I suspect the league would have no stomach for a fight to move the Bills and all the legal/PR hassles it would bring.  I do believe they will assert max pressure to get a new stadium.

I am in the minority but I do not see the need for a new stadium.  This is not nostalgic but New Era meets the needs - a place to watch football in a great atmosphere.  I do not need fast wi fi, bars and restaurants.  

There are so many people, both young and old, that say watching a game in their living room is better then going to the game. Statements like this, are why New Era field isn't good enough. HDTV is so good, and the broadcast of games so high quality, that you really have no need to go to games. Similar to Movie Theatres, people don't care to go. So you need to start offering more then what you are offering now. Some people seem to think if the Sabres still played in the Aud it would be fine......

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

San Antonio- Cowboys country- most likely will never see an NFL team

Toronto- Look no further than that 5 year abortion 

Norfolk/Hampton etc... Skins country

There isn’t that many places left to put an NFL team, imo

St Louis?