The day the Sabres’ futility and New Era Stadium collided...

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

They came across as the same as they always do. Good people who want to win and to make the people of Buffalo proud, but absolutely clueless.

I mean it's nice for an owner, 10 years into his ownership, to at least acknowledge it's time to start winning....but he could also acknowledge they were a winning team before he bought them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He sounds like a bumbling moron.... he pointed to the 10 game win streak as a tie for most in franchise history..... who the ***** cares you lost 16 of your last 57.?

I'm no hockey fan, but losing 16/57 means they won 72% of their last 57 games.  Is that bad?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I'm no hockey fan, but losing 16/57 means they won 72% of their last 57 games.  Is that bad?

They won 33 games......ScottLaw meant, I believe, they won only 16 of the last 57.  They won 5 of their last 26.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

They came across as the same as they always do. Good people who want to win and to make the people of Buffalo proud, but absolutely clueless.

Selling the team is WEOs wet dream because it would mean both teams leaving town. 

To me I don't really care if owners have a clue about football or hockey. Their job is to provide money. They need to surround themselves with people who DO know what they are doing and can advise in all hockey/football related decisions.

I think you hear a lot of dumb stuff come out of the mouth of owners from lots of sports. Their job isn't to know the sport, it's to write the checks.

PS: I'm pretty sure there is nothing he could say to impress Sabres fans. Nothing he could say would distract from the failures on the ice.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If winning it all is the yardstick of success then there are 31 failures every season. Unless you live in New England, how does anyone deal with the yearly letdowns? I wonder if Milwaukee Bucks fans, or Pittsburgh Pirate fans, or fans of any team that has had limited success act the way we do?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Selling the team is WEOs wet dream because it would mean both teams leaving town. 

You'll never give up on "The Bills Could Move At Any Time" conspiracy, will you?

I'm on record as saying they were not going to be moved.  So your post above is, as usual, informed by sentiment, not fact.

Carry on the torch...

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If winning it all is the yardstick of success then there are 31 failures every season. Unless you live in New England, how does anyone deal with the yearly letdowns? I wonder if Milwaukee Bucks fans, or Pittsburgh Pirate fans, or fans of any team that has had limited success act the way we do?

Comparing one of the best teams in the NBA with one of the worst NFL teams over a decade......it really doesn't make the point you're struggling to make.

All fan bases "behave" in a similar way when their team chronically stinks. How can this escape you?  You're an inveterate fan basher.  That's your thing.