Who has a better chance of making the 53?

NewEra

Final 53  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who has a better chance of making it?

Tim Graham, when asked who has the best chance to stick as the #6 Wr,  chose McCloud over McKenzie and the rest of the WRs.  I realize other see duke or Sills being that guy.  The reason is only include McKenzie is because he’s the most like McCloud. Smaller gadget type wr that can double as backup returners.

i think Ray Ray has close to a zero % chance of making the squad and his NFL career, likely over 

I don't think either make it as we have plenty of speedy and smaller WR's.  You can use Brown or even Roberts for gadget plays.  Roberts is likely penciled in as the 5th WR with his return ability which makes both of them even more expendable.  I think either Duke Williams or Sills makes the team at the 6 spot because they add size to a short WR crew.  Either could be useful in the red zone.  McKenzie has the better shot between the two though.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't think either make it as we have plenty of speedy and smaller WR's.  You can use Brown or even Roberts for gadget plays.  Roberts is likely penciled in as the 5th WR with his return ability which makes both of them even more expendable.  I think either Duke Williams or Sills makes the team at the 6 spot because they add size to a short WR crew.  Either could be useful in the red zone.  McKenzie has the better shot between the two though.

I would agree on this. 

And to follow up the OP not sure Ray Rays career is over if/when he’s cut. He’ll always have a shot to latch on somewhere and make some plays. For some guys it just takes one coach to get them on the field making plays. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Has it come to this......?

Has it come to what?  A poster wanting to see how Bills nation feels about a position battle while also seeing how clueless one of the Bills writers is (a Bills writer behind a paywall nonetheless).  Seriously......Ray Ray McCloud?  It’s like he’s never seen this guy play.  He’s terrible.  It’s like he’s never seen McKenzie play either.  One made plays with speed and explosiveness. The other showed literally zilch.

P.S. it’s june.  

5 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

With so much more positional play the 53 man roster should be expanded to 57/58.

Agreed.  They preach about safety.  A bigger roster might be able to help.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Has it come to what?  A poster wanting to see how Bills nation feels about a position battle while also seeing how clueless one of the Bills writers is (a Bills writer behind a paywall nonetheless).  Seriously......Ray Ray McCloud?  It’s like he’s never seen this guy play.  He’s terrible.  It’s like he’s never seen McKenzie play either.  One made plays with speed and explosiveness. The other showed literally zilch.

P.S. it’s june.  

Agreed.  They preach about safety.  A bigger roster might be able to help.

I'm just busting your chops a bit.  It's essentially which 2 scrubs will make the 53.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm just busting your chops a bit.  It's essentially which 2 scrubs will make the 53.

I guess I don’t just view McKenzie as a scrub. He’s a talented kid that needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.  I think that can be corrected and he has some jets on him 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's more a testament to the depth at WR now.  Last year one of these guys would have been one of the top-4 WR's for the Bills.