Mets Rebuild

Rocket94

20 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I want Thor to stay. Yes, Brodie has decimated the farm system and he openly boasts that there will be no total rebuild. Next few days are going to be interesting.

The thing that would surprise me most would be if he does nothing.  Then again he's a talk the talk not walk the walk kind of a guy 

24 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The thing that would surprise me most would be if he does nothing.  Then again he's a talk the talk not walk the walk kind of a guy 

Ha! We never know what the Mets will do...I don't think they do either. The trade for Stroman has to mean something. While he is a stud pitcher, he is no Thor. I would not be surprised if Thor once again remains...but the Mets can cash in on Diaz and Wheeler.

Now I find myself checking my phone periodically!

19 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Ha! We never know what the Mets will do...I don't think they do either. The trade for Stroman has to mean something. While he is a stud pitcher, he is no Thor. I would not be surprised if Thor once again remains...but the Mets can cash in on Diaz and Wheeler.

Now I find myself checking my phone periodically!

Phillies just got Vargas 

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Phillies just got Vargas 

Thanks...I know. You noticed that I didn't mention it. Vargas was history anyway...he was nearly dumped a few months ago before his resurgence. Question is that if the Mets are confident in a run this year, why trade a starter to a division rival? It appears that the Mets have convinced themselves that they can contend. 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:51 PM, SinceThe70s said:

A lot of chatter about trading Thor today.

For the life of me I'm not sure why you give up on him with two years of control left. Unless you know something.

Arm issues are one possibility, but Syndegaard was a Brodie client. Maybe Brodie knows that he'll never re-sign with the Mets for whatever reason.

Another theory is that the Wilpon's Don't care for Thor and his personality. Thor is a better pitcher than Stroman...so something is up or maybe they will do a very un Wilpon thing, keep him and further build the team.

Edited by Rocket94

11 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Another theory is that the Wilpon's Don't care for Thor and his personality. Thor is a better pitcher than Stroman...so something is up or maybe they will do a very un Wilpon thing, keep him and further build the team.

Could be, he's no shrinking violet and for example was critical of the trip to Syracuse before the season started. Not the best way to ingratiate yourself with the boss.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Santana has been pulled from his start tonight with syracuse.

Padres,Astros with most interest..

A's wanted a deal..close.. but we asked for too much.

Per MLBN

Thor's scheduled to go tonight, Wheeler on Thursday.

If it's related I hope it's to Wheeler. But after seeing what we gave up for Stroman and knowing that Wheeler is  strictly a rental I wouldn't expect the Mets to get much for him.  So right now if they trade a pitcher I hope it's Diaz.

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Thor's scheduled to go tonight, Wheeler on Thursday.

If it's related I hope it's to Wheeler. But after seeing what we gave up for Stroman and knowing that Wheeler is  strictly a rental I wouldn't expect the Mets to get much for him.  So right now if they trade a pitcher I hope it's Diaz

Oakland left a deal on the table.

For the suit to rid of Diaz would make him look like a failure..he's too cocky to bite failure right now.

If you look deep,he can find a way to work with Wheeler..the big numbers with Frazier will be elliminated,that cuts 8 million off payroll off the bat.

Bottom line..we need a sweep in Chi-town.

It ain't over.

Let's Go Mets.

4 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Oakland left a deal on the table.

For the suit to rid of Diaz would make him look like a failure..he's too cocky to bite failure right now.

If you look deep,he can find a way to work with Wheeler..the big numbers with Frazier will be elliminated,that cuts 8 million off payroll off the bat.

Bottom line..we need a sweep in Chi-town.

It ain't over.

Let's Go Mets.

I think he may be dangling Thor and Diaz in the hopes that someone will offer something stupid. If so, nothing wrong with that. 

I also heard a radio call-in today that's worth sharing. Maybe from a no-nothing psycho and I'm paraphrasing the stats which for all I know were fabricated so read this with skepticism. The claim was that last year Thor and  Diaz threw sliders in the strike zone around 30% of the time, this year 45%. The speculation being they don't trust Ramos behind the plate.

Regardless, I've never been a fan of giving up on the season if there' s a glimmer of hope. A rotation of DeGrom, Thor, Stroman, Wheeler, Matz would look formidable if the bullpen wasn't so God-awful.

35 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I think he may be dangling Thor and Diaz in the hopes that someone will offer something stupid. If so, nothing wrong with that. 

I also heard a radio call-in today that's worth sharing. Maybe from a no-nothing psycho and I'm paraphrasing the stats which for all I know were fabricated so read this with skepticism. The claim was that last year Thor and  Diaz threw sliders in the strike zone around 30% of the time, this year 45%. The speculation being they don't trust Ramos behind the plate.

Regardless, I've never been a fan of giving up on the season if there' s a glimmer of hope. A rotation of DeGrom, Thor, Stroman, Wheeler, Matz would look formidable if the bullpen wasn't so God-awful.

If only Diaz wouldn't throw hanging sliders.

Nice game tonight (so far).

26 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Another blown save by Diaz. Walks, Hbp etc! Brodie and the Wilpons are delusional to believe they can contend. A brilliant effort by Thor wasted. On a good team he is a 20 game winner.

Not being snarky, but what do you want to happen by 4 PM tomorrow? Scorched earth? Thor, Wheeler, Diaz gone? Maybe Lugo and Gsellman too? What's the plan for next year?

Two of the top starters (Stroman, Bauer) on the market go to teams below .500 and one of them to a team that has two others that might be moved (Thor, Wheeler).  

It's amazing the elimination of waiver trades has had already. Can't wait to see how tomorrow  plays out for the Mets and others

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not being snarky, but what do you want to happen by 4 PM tomorrow? Scorched earth? Thor, Wheeler, Diaz gone? Maybe Lugo and Gsellman too? What's the plan for next year?

Wish I knew what the plan is. Perhaps get what we can for Wheeler. As for Diaz, if we can't move him for value, them work with him to return to form.