Cian Fahey: Robert Foster looks like odd man out at WR, Teams should try to trade for him

9 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Cherry picking stats. Foster averaged, wait for it: 2 catches a game (27/13 GP). See I can do that too. He put together a small handful of good performances. That’s not a good “season.” It’s a decent stretch of games. He hasn’t proven anything, and the coaches seem to agree with me, since he’s in TC running with the threes. But I see you got conspiracy theories on that too. Lol. Im done chief. You’re ridiculous.

I would not say Foster had a good season....but if you look at the 2nd half of season stats and compared them with the rest of the league....Foster was doing VERY well compared to other NFL recievers.

My problem with this is that should be a starting point for him to take him into this season take ANOTHER step....which so far he is not doing.   I dont want a Foster/Zay Jones comparison.....I want ppl to look at Foster as a legit number 1 guy because he has that ability

He needs to show it

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would not say Foster had a good season....but if you look at the 2nd half of season stats and compared them with the rest of the league....Foster was doing VERY well compared to other NFL recievers.

My problem with this is that should be a starting point for him to take him into this season take ANOTHER step....which so far he is not doing.   I dont want a Foster/Zay Jones comparison.....I want ppl to look at Foster as a legit number 1 guy because he has that ability

He needs to show it

I don't know if he has a legit #1 guy type skill set. But he does have a skill set. He's might be similar to John Brown for instance. Decent player but not going to confuse him with a #1 WR. 

The bottom line is Brown and Foster are the only guys on the roster that can take the top off the defense. If Foster is cut all we have is Brown while presumably we would have Beasley, McCloud, McKenzie and Zay all with similar skill sets. I don't see Foster getting cut even if he running with the threes.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He needs to show it

That’s right - he had a great, brief stretch of games, not a whole season. And he may have been primed to take that next step; he instead has either regressed or at least is currently caught in the wash amongst the new additions and other young guys. 

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don't know if he has a legit #1 guy type skill set. But he does have a skill set. He's might be similar to John Brown for instance. Decent player but not going to confuse him with a #1 WR. 

The bottom line is Brown and Foster are the only guys on the roster that can take the top off the defense. If Foster is cut all we have is Brown while presumably we would have Beasley, McCloud, McKenzie and Zay all with similar skill sets. I don't see Foster getting cut even if he running with the threes.

I dont see him getting cut either....my concern now is playing time

The more speed on the field the better

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Foster has had one good season in the NFL. Zay has had 0.

Zay had more receptions, more yards and more TDS than Foster last year. Tell me again how Foster had a better season?

Because Foster did it in fewer games? That’s because Foster got cut and placed on the practice squad for 4 games. That ain’t a “better season.”

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He needs to show it

Look at :52 in the first qtr..Barkley gives him the sign to go deep after breaking huddle...Foster ran the route of the original call...no excuse.

Also..His drop in the flat from Barkley was something that doesn't happen to solid wr's either...at least he broke free from the coverage..but the ball did hit his ten fingers and boof.

Right now..he's still a one trick pony who needs to know his playbook better and become more alert.

Imo..Foster is #6 right now.,nothing more,nothing less.

Kudos to McKenzie for having a solid night.

Edited by Misterbluesky

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

Zay had more receptions, more yards and more TDS than Foster last year. Tell me again how Foster had a better season?

Because Foster did it in fewer games? That’s because Foster got cut and placed on the practice squad for 4 games. That ain’t a “better season.”

Maybe i put my foot in my mouth saying Foster had one good season. 

But if we are arguing who is better Foster vs. Zay, neither has had a good full season. Zay has two full seasons under his belt and hasn't even had a 5 or 6 game stretch in either of the two seasons where he looked good. Foster at least has. Even if it was a small sample size and only for 5 games or so.

Touting Zay as some sort of leader of the Bills receiving core with totals of 650 yards and 55 receptions or whatever it is doesn't benefit Zay in a good way.

54 minutes ago, GG said:

There's heightened attention to the one drop because of his past history and early stories from camp that he didn't come as prepared as he should have been.  Hence the shading to the downside. 

I'm guessing there wouldn't be as lengthy of a discussion if Brown or Beasley had one drop.

I dunno. The guy can clearly play. He was arguably the best offensive player on the team over the course of the second half of last season. I think it's a really bad idea to cut him loose even if he's not having a great camp, and the focus on his alleged foibles seems a little silly to me. He costs nothing and has real upside in the form of speed and size. What's not to like? 

Edited by dave mcbride