Cian Fahey: Robert Foster looks like odd man out at WR, Teams should try to trade for him

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

More wisdom 

Lamar Jackson is his highest rated QB from the Class of '18?   Rated higher than Deshaun Watson?

Allen is rated lower than guys who never played a snap in the NFL?

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Lamar Jackson is his highest rated QB from the Class of '18?   Rated higher than Deshaun Watson?

Allen is rated lower than guys who never played a snap in the NFL?

Fahey is Schopp's zen master, that's all you need to know about that guy.

I will believe It when I see it!

On 6/28/2019 at 2:18 PM, Big C said:

Guys the moral of the story is, if you have ever wanted to try football journalism, you can probably do it. 

There are plenty of talented writers on this forum.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:56 AM, GunnerBill said:

It is. He has to catch more of the balls thrown his way. It is as simple as that. 

....and I'd say it's a safe bet he knows it.........first clue should be the talent in camp (sure it's on paper).....but "this ain't your father's Oldsmobile" lad.......go get it..........

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

More wisdom 

I was confused at first why Trubisky is labelled a 'high-variance starter' and Watson a 'high-end youngster' when they were drafted in the same class and Watson's been a starter for longer...but then I read 'Fahey' and now my only question is why Tyrod Taylor isn't ranked higher.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I was confused at first why Trubisky is labelled a 'high-variance starter' and Watson a 'high-end youngster' when they were drafted in the same class and Watson's been a starter for longer...but then I read 'Fahey' and now my only question is why Tyrod Taylor isn't ranked higher.

...Lamar Jackson at 12?........um ok.........."one read and run" > Baker Mayfield?.......

...BUT...Cian does have some pretty impressive credentials......

Football Writer Cian Fahey Says He Left ESPN After Being "Ignorant" At A Bar

Samer Kalaf  /12/18 6:04pm

Football writer Cian Fahey said today that he resigned from ESPN after he “drank too much at a bar and treated American strangers like I would my Irish friends.” The Dan Le Batard Show executive producer Michael Ryan Ruiz mentioned Fahey leaving the Worldwide Leader during today’s broadcast, and Fahey elaborated on Twitter.  

https://deadspin.com/football-writer-cian-fahey-says-he-left-espn-after-bein-1822041010

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 7/1/2019 at 11:01 AM, Doc said:

If both Foster and Jones are better than Brown, that's a good problem to have.

Of course, if Foster and Jones are both WORSE than Brown, that's a bad problem to have.   Seriously bad, because it means the Bills have exactly one wide out.  

The problem the Bills have at receiver is mediocrity.   They need players to emerge as real go-to guys.  People expected that of Brown, but it hasn't happened after a stellar rookie year.  Some people expected that of Jones, but he did very little in his second season, when he should have been breaking out.   (Yes, he had a nice play here and there, but EVERY guy good enough to be on an NFL roster will make a nice play here and there.  Look at McKenzie.)   Foster hasn't done it yet.   Williams is unknown.  Sills is a rookie.  

The Bills need guys to step up.   My prediction is that the Bills will end the season, if not start the season, with their top four receivers being Beasley, Brown, Foster and Williams.   Why?  Beasley is an excellent short- to mid-range guy, and the Bills are telling Allen to throw more of those passes.  He is the anchor for the receiving corps.  Brown, Foster and Williams are the three most talented receivers after Beasley.  Brown and Foster have the speed that allows them to get open short or long.   Williams was a four- or five-star recruit who needed time to get his head together, and his experience in Canada suggests he's done it.   Jones doesn't have the speed that Foster and Brown have and doesn't have the all-round talent, including hands and physicality, that Williams has.  

But as I said, the problem the Bills have is that they all could remain mediocre.  If that happens, improved oline or not, Allen will be running for his life again this season.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mariota at 7 ?

Ahead of Brady and Brees. Ludicrous.

Maybe the Pats or Saints should propose a straight up trade for Mariotta? It seems like they would be getting the better of the deal.

Edited by vincec

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Of course, if Foster and Jones are both WORSE than Brown, that's a bad problem to have.   Seriously bad, because it means the Bills have exactly one wide out.  

The problem the Bills have at receiver is mediocrity.   They need players to emerge as real go-to guys.  People expected that of Brown, but it hasn't happened after a stellar rookie year.  Some people expected that of Jones, but he did very little in his second season, when he should have been breaking out.   (Yes, he had a nice play here and there, but EVERY guy good enough to be on an NFL roster will make a nice play here and there.  Look at McKenzie.)   Foster hasn't done it yet.   Williams is unknown.  Sills is a rookie.  

The Bills need guys to step up.   My prediction is that the Bills will end the season, if not start the season, with their top four receivers being Beasley, Brown, Foster and Williams.   Why?  Beasley is an excellent short- to mid-range guy, and the Bills are telling Allen to throw more of those passes.  He is the anchor for the receiving corps.  Brown, Foster and Williams are the three most talented receivers after Beasley.  Brown and Foster have the speed that allows them to get open short or long.   Williams was a four- or five-star recruit who needed time to get his head together, and his experience in Canada suggests he's done it.   Jones doesn't have the speed that Foster and Brown have and doesn't have the all-round talent, including hands and physicality, that Williams has.  

But as I said, the problem the Bills have is that they all could remain mediocre.  If that happens, improved oline or not, Allen will be running for his life again this season.

I'm concerned that Beasley's skill set isn't going to jive with Allen's. I think to take advantage of a guy like Beasley you need a QB to make quick, correct reads and accurate throws with touch. Not saying that Allen can't eventually do that but it certainly doesn't look like the strong point of his game right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1