Cian Fahey: Robert Foster looks like odd man out at WR, Teams should try to trade for him

9 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

That’s like saying you’d ditch a Rolex you found on the beach for a Sieko you bought for $1,000. 

But think of the profit you would make from selling the Rolex!!

That Seiko is perfectly fine for your needs...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Foster isn’t going anywhere- just more crap journalism during the lull

It's an awful take but let's stop giving this guy any credit by calling this journalism. This is some kid in his sweatpants on Twitter.

• Haha (+1) 2

Foster is playing on a rookie free agent contract that pays him $750K.  Even for a 3rd or 4th WR that's an inexpensive depth player.  He came on strong ending the season, showed good chemistry with Allen, and looks to have a lot more upside.  From a roster management perspective and given a 16 game schedule where injuries and circumstances can change things quickly trading him makes zero sense.  Even less sense than the argument for trading him made by the blogger.  And when did it become a problem that the Bills have  too many 'good' WR's?

15 hours ago, CommonCents said:

It’s a troll take no one believes that BS. Got me. I clicked on his Twitter. Scrolled for a minute, he has a selfie in a Lebron Jersey and is talking about shaving his head and coloring his hair. Wheeeeeeeeeee 

Ok, I’m not up on all this fad dressing crap, but I can’t comprehend shaving my head and still coloring my hair. Unless... nevermind.

Ridiculous take. Among the League leaders in yrds per catch, golden ‘wheels’, has a history with our 2year QB and is cheap. I saw this tweet yesterday and didn’t give it a 2nd thought.

i WOULD, however, listen to a 1st Round trade inquiry.. 

48 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ok, I’m not up on all this fad dressing crap, but I can’t comprehend shaving my head and still coloring my hair. Unless... nevermind.

Ridiculous take. Among the League leaders in yrds per catch, golden ‘wheels’, has a history with our 2year QB and is cheap. I saw this tweet yesterday and didn’t give it a 2nd thought.

i WOULD, however, listen to a 1st Round trade inquiry.. 

Fosters still a decent risk and it miiiight be a chance to kick in value at his highest point if you aren’t sure of him. 

I do think that he’s a much better candidate for a player swap than a draft pick though. Even that’s tough though. Does a team like KC maybe take a shot at him being their deep threat and what type of immediate talent do you have to get back as a GM to risk the possibility of foster exploding there?  A lot has to line up to even start the discussion 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Fosters still a decent risk and it miiiight be a chance to kick in value at his highest point if you aren’t sure of him. 

I do think that he’s a much better candidate for a player swap than a draft pick though. Even that’s tough though. Does a team like KC maybe take a shot at him being their deep threat and what type of immediate talent do you have to get back as a GM to risk the possibility of foster exploding there?  A lot has to line up to even start the discussion 

Chiefs are probably going to get Hill back after four games and they drafted Mecole Hardman in round 2, just in case. I doubt they’re in the market for Foster, but as good teams know, you can never have too many offensive weapons.

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Chiefs are probably going to get Hill back after four games and they drafted Mecole Hardman in round 2, just in case. I doubt they’re in the market for Foster, but as good teams know, you can never have too many offensive weapons.

Honestly, it was just an easy example without rummaging through 31 rosters- not a true call to it being the best spot possible. Even if they get him back for most of this year he’d be high risk to resign so it was an easy throwaway example that everyone would be at least surface level familiar with. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Listen to offers, but don't give him away cheaply. We know Brown's ceiling is average despite elite speed. We don't know Foster's ceiling and his top speed is nearly as good as Brown's. It would not surprise me to see Jones and Foster starting outside with Beasley in the slot.

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Robert Foster has to be worth at least two 1st rounders by now, right?

I'm not sure you even listen to offers, unless a team is at least offering a 1st rounder.  Even then, you have a kid who showed great promise, who is cheap, and who the Bills have for another 3 years.  Brown and Beasley are at best around for a year or two and finding good WR's isn't that easy.