Cian Fahey: Robert Foster looks like odd man out at WR, Teams should try to trade for him

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had to double check that this tweet is from 2019. Sure enough, it was today. 

Anyone who says he's the odd man out and then says immediately afterward that he's their best receiver (and, implicitly, cheap to boot) is a straight-up moron. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yeah, this is ridiculous.

First of all, we need outside WRs. Now, we might have Brown, and Beasley, but the modern NFL looks for a plethora of receivers. Getting rid of a good one is ridiculous.

I agree with you.  When you take into account the frequency of injuries in the league, having four guys that can play is more of a necessity than a luxury.  In this case, it is a good deal when Foster has a cheap contract. 

Talk about “odd man out” I take it you all saw his picture... 

Edited by Don Otreply

I think Brown, Foster, and Jones will be sharing #1 and #2 duties. I think it would be extremely surprising if Foster isn't on the team, or even if he isn't a major contributor.

It's certainly possible that Robert Foster is running as the #4 WR by the time Week 1 comes around.

Observers say that John Brown has been operating as our #1 guy in practice so far, which should not be surprising.

Cole Beasley will be our slot receiver, and will possibly lead the group in targets.

My assumption is that Zay Jones and Robert Foster will then be competing for snaps on the outside.  They have completely different skill-sets.  So unless one really shows tremendous improvement and progression, it's very likely they will rotate depending on offensive situation. 

45 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That guy is definitely looking for attention. I don’t think as highly of foster as some on here but he’s surely not trade bait in his second year. He showed some real flashes and rapport with Allen last season. Our biggest weaknesses last season could possibly be the strongest this year. Foster isn’t trade or cut bait. He will 100% be on the team and could either lead the team in receiving or be a rotational deep threat with brown. One way or another though he’s seeing meaningful snaps during the season 

You're absolutely right.

28 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I agree with you.  When you take into account the frequency of injuries in the league, having four guys that can play is more of a necessity than a luxury.  In this case, it is a good deal when Foster has a cheap contract. 

It's not a luxury at all.  It's the way NFL rosters are built.

I blame the NFL for having this "quiet period" in June when there's little or no news to report.  Anybody can. make up any kind of crap in June.

8 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

It's certainly possible that Robert Foster is running as the #4 WR by the time Week 1 comes around.

Observers say that John Brown has been operating as our #1 guy in practice so far, which should not be surprising.

Cole Beasley will be our slot receiver, and will possibly lead the group in targets.

My assumption is that Zay Jones and Robert Foster will then be competing for snaps on the outside.  They have completely different skill-sets.  So unless one really shows tremendous improvement and progression, it's very likely they will rotate depending on offensive situation. 

Right, and not to mention injuries, situational match-ups etc