Cian Fahey: Robert Foster looks like odd man out at WR, Teams should try to trade for him

Just now, stony said:

I have a limited understanding of how to build a roster, but I'm keeping him even if he is the 4th option.  That seems like a good thing?

It’s a wild take ... isnt this the analyst who is on WGR all the time? 

Reading through the replies (he’s apparently blocking people who call him out), he’s saying that what matters most isn’t his talent, but the investment that was made in comparison to the other 3. Since it was comparably much lower, he feels they could get a decent return and still have 3 starting caliber WRs.

what he’s missing is that their investment in Josh Allen (and therefore putting the players around him that will make him most successful, Foster being one who has proven that already) far exceeds what their investment is in any of those 3 WRs

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6

I mean he would have to be horrible to get cut but he wasn’t that far off from being useless at Bama and getting cut last camp (and no other team trying to trade for him).  He has all the skills but he is far from a sure thing.  But he is super cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

Even if he is the 4th best, he's on a super cheap rookie deal right now.  Develop him! This is an awful take

I'm with you on this. We will keep 5-6 WR.   Brown, Beasley, Jones, Roberts and Foster should be locks, then it's all out war for the last spot. If someone really impresses then I could see Foster or Jones as the bubble spot. Personally, I think we all fall for one of the outcasts in the pre-season but like the Roosevelt's of the past nothing becomes of them after the final cut.

His linked article is on patreon.com.  Anyone can be a creator and post there, so not sure what makes this guy special.  Doubt Foster will be the odd man out even if the Bills only keep five WRs.

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had to double check that this tweet is from 2019. Sure enough, it was today. 

So wait... we cut the cheap one?  In what world does that make sense?  Only 4 are even showing up on our top 53 out of 90.  We just signed Yeldon and it would save us more money to cut him and pay his guarantee, than cut foster. 

3 minutes ago, stony said:

Yeah, he' usually decent.  This makes no sense.  

Eh - he makes up his mind very early on and will not change.  Still loves tannehill and mariota - despite them clearly not having "it".

“Chief O’Hara, there’s no answer on the ‘Sky Diver Phone’ - light the ‘Sky Diver Signal’!”

As for the analyst, did the barber shop catch fire, and he had to run out midway through the haircut?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1