Locals..Fyi..Scharfs

They took over the old Deerhead Inn after the ghetto hood ran them out of the city line/pine hill district.

Yellow Pike is so tough to get here..for unknown reasons.

They served it well.

Sadly..they are closing the doors on Sunday..forever.I

Get over to Clinton this weekend..even it's only for a beer and a shot of soul whiskey.

• Like (+1) 1

My Bro tells Us we should go.  Right down Clinton.  I love German food, same with Son... But no bueno for the ladies, wife and daughter.  What do they have against Germans!  /smh LoL

FWIW... @Misterbluesky do you remember (of course you do) when The Deerhead Inn was right next to 14 Holy Helpers?  On Union & Indian Church directly across from Race Street.

Another throwback... Remember The Hobnail on Union @ the 400.  Mooney's now after numerous changes.  But I guess (according to my father)... The building was on other side of Union, they moved it when building The 400.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My Bro tells Us we should go.  Right down Clinton.  I love German food, same with Son... But no bueno for the ladies, wife and daughter.  What do they have against Germans!  /smh LoL

FWIW... @Misterbluesky do you remember (of course you do) when The Deerhead Inn was right next to 14 Holy Helpers?  On Union & Indian Church directly across from Race Street.

Another throwback... Remember The Hobnail on Union @ the 400.  Mooney's now after numerous changes.  But I guess (according to my father)... The building was on other side of Union, they moved it when building The 400.

Deerhead had a great fish fry!! Went there many times with grandparents as a little Fergy. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Deerhead had a great fish fry!! Went there many times with grandparents as a little Fergy. 

Same here!  We were probably dining right next to each and didn't know it! ?14 Holy Helpers was our Parish.  It's now the In-laws since they moved to S.Cheek to from Lackawanna/O.Park.  Used to be Our Lady of the Sacred Heart on Abbott, in O.Park (where we were married).

Inlaws go to fish fry was the Cloverbank.  Now they go to Town Shanty on Clinton & Harlem.

My father grew up there off Cayuga Creek Road (off William)... Used to play, run in that area by Sharf's worked the farms (Old French/Clinton) there as a child.  The Freezer Queen mansion (think that mansion was Freezer Queen?), would play there as a young child.

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Same here!  We were probably dining right next to each and didn't know it! ?14 Holy Helpers was our Parish.  It's now the In-laws since they moved to S.Cheek to from Lackawanna/O.Park.  Used to be Our Lady of the Sacred Heart on Abbott, in O.Park (where we were married).

Inlaws go to fish fry was the Cloverbank.  Now they go to Town Shanty on Clinton & Harlem.

My father grew up there off Cayuga Creek Road (off William)... Used to play, run in that area by Sharf's worked the farms (Old French/Clinton) there as a child.  The Freezer Queen mansion (think that mansion was Freezer Queen?), would play there as a young child.

Same Freezer Queen off Furman Blvd (right on the lake near Small Boat Harbor)? What did they do? Make freezers or just cold storage?

27 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Same Freezer Queen off Furman Blvd (right on the lake near Small Boat Harbor)? What did they do? Make freezers or just cold storage?

I always thought it was frozen, flash frozen food like Birdseye?  The vegetable farms were right there... That's what I always thought.  I think he was friends with family (he did start picking at like 8/9 years old).  My father said he would play in that mansion (off of Clinton just past Harlem).

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Loved Scharfs. Sauerbraten, liver dumpling soup, potato salad, great food. My Dad loves it (RIP). Been there at Schiller Park and WS many many times. 

Oh my..her potato salad is the best I have ever had...nothing like getting that first forkful when that bacon grease and vinegar hit your taste buds...amazing!

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You fellas can take your dad if he's up to it...they do have a wheelchair ramp (Patio).Might be a bit crowded for him,though?

• Like (+1) 1