Former Bill Karlos Williams visted Saint Bonaventure and share his story

18 hours ago, Needle said:

What made Karlos so effective? I never thought he looked natural at RB. He kind of ran upright in my opinion. He didn't seem to have too much lateral quickness or impressive agility. He wasn't huge either but he did run hard.

He was a one cut type of back and must have had fantastic instincts.

He was a big RB. 6'2 230 at the combine I believe

With impressive speed

He was a Safety converted to RB. He did run high but he had excellent speed and burst through the hole

He was a classic 1 cut back with not much agility but great speed to power ratio. Good hands too

On 6/27/2019 at 2:02 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Yeah but they're not very good!  Have to wear too much OSHA gear.

Friggin OSHA, nothing but legalized mafia going around getting "safety violation" kickbacks.

Our company is more concerned with those extortionists than actual safety. We bring up real problems that never get fixed but make sure everybody is wearing a high visibility vest , when we never wore them for decades but somehow now we cant operate safely without them.

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was a big RB. 6'2 230 at the combine I believe

With impressive speed

He was a Safety converted to RB. He did run high but he had excellent speed and burst through the hole

He was a classic 1 cut back with not much agility but great speed to power ratio. Good hands too

That turned out to be a major problem.

I remember he repeated nfl record scoring TDs in his first 6 or smth games in a row. It was greatest debut in the league for a player drafted in5th round. I thought we finally found a future star. What a disappointment he  blew his career!

2 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I remember he repeated nfl record scoring TDs in his first 6 or smth games in a row. It was greatest debut in the league for a player drafted in5th round. I thought we finally found a future star. What a disappointment he  blew his career!

from the article

“If somebody calls me today and says, ‘hey, you need to fly out …,’ I’m ready to play,” he said. “Physically, I’m ready to play — I’m probably in some of the best shape I’ve ever been in.

But mentally, I’ve been more mature than I’ve been in years, and I think that’s the most important part.

“Being a true professional is something I had an issue with. And I had time to step away from the game of football and learn how to be that. I think it’s going to benefit me in the long run, whether I’m playing or coaching or training. I’m more mature to handle the professional side of life.”

THIS, admittedly, isn’t exactly how Williams drew it up.

If it was up to him, he’d be entering his fifth year of ripping off 26-yard, untouched TD runs for the Bills.

Williams went from signing a $750,000 NFL rookie contract to making $700 a week in his current job, he told his audience Tuesday night.

But if the aftermath of his mistakes can continue to mold him in the way it has, and if he can deliver a meaningful message to a room full of people along the way, then his experiences will have been worth it.

“I have a new appreciation for who I am,” said Williams, who noted how impressed he was with how “tight-knit and dedicated” the Allegheny community seemed to be. “Just little things like this today.

“Everybody said I did a great job, and I was nervous; but to them, I did a great job, and it was just a stepping stone. Maybe I’ll do more of these.”

He added: “To tell my story and have people relate to my story, and to help them overcome things they’ve been through — maybe obstacles bigger than mine

— that’s more important to me than anything in this world.”

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Friggin OSHA, nothing but legalized mafia going around getting "safety violation" kickbacks.

Our company is more concerned with those extortionists than actual safety. We bring up real problems that never get fixed but make sure everybody is wearing a high visibility vest , when we never wore them for decades but somehow now we cant operate safely without them.

You don't look good in yellow?

I never knew of or wore a bicycle helmet, the family car didn't have seat belts till the late 60's, and certainly NO padded dash.  Somehow we made it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/27/2019 at 4:01 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I loved the pick when it happened and he had so much promise

He was new to RB , had fresh legs , was BIG and FAST

He could've been a star if he kept it all together

Good luck Karlos anything is possible

He was my favorite new Buffalo Bill over the past couple of years, what a waste of talent.