Former Bill Karlos Williams visted Saint Bonaventure and share his story

He had one heck of a rookie season for the Bills. 500+ yards and something like 9 touchdowns. 

He was the perfect compliment to Shadys elusive running style, ramming it down the other teams throat.

It’s a shame he only had one good year. Hope the best for him. 

Edited by Nick the Greek

In 2016, he reported to training camp out of shape and was later suspended four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. In 2017, he breached those rules a second and third time, resulting in a year-long suspension.

This is what i don't understand about athletes and other professionals (i.e., musicians, actors, etc)--they know their futures are VERY bright but decide to take a crap on it all!  Do they really hate fame and fortune that much?  It's like winning the lottery and burning the ticket instead of cashing it in.  

*cue Alanis Morissette* 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/olean/williams-shares-his-story-of-redemption-at-a-l-sports/article_c0fdbc72-6248-5706-9d76-e223d60ce8a0.html

Williams shares his story of redemption at A-L sports banquet

ST. BONAVENTURE — The link was, of all things, a self-owned construction company in Davenport, Florida.

In the three years since he last wore an NFL uniform, Karlos Williams has been working at Victory Home Repair, a repair and remodeling business in his hometown owned by friends Jed and Kelly Miller.

Kelly’s sister is the cheerleading coach at Allegany-Limestone.

That’s what brought Williams to the Doyle Hall dining room, located 60 miles south of where his once-promising pro career began with the Buffalo Bills, as the guest speaker at A-L’s spring sports banquet Tuesday night.

Ever since, and even before, that head-turning 2015 rookie campaign, when he scored seven touchdowns on just 93 rushes and averaged 5.6 yards per carry, Williams has been in the news for all the wrong reasons … or not at all.

Sorry if there was any other Karlos Williams threads. Couldn't find any 

Going from the nfl to hanging dry wall for a friends business is a redemption story? How bad did he get in between those points?!? Jeeeeze.

that said, for a 5th, I’d think long and hard about taking him again, even knowing the wheels come off. Top flight season, paid peanuts and a day 3 pick? He was probably a top 5-10 career in the round.

I get that Karlos completely screwed up what could have been a very nice professional career, but that is a couple years out of a lifetime.  I also get that some of what he said reeked of cliches.  However,  I have great admiration that he took control of his life and started to make some smart decisions.  Whether or not he has a chance at resurrecting his football career, I expect that he is going to have a life that gives him a lot of satisfaction.  Good for him!

I also think that someone with a checkered past can give a powerful motivational speech on making right choices, after having made a bunch of bad choices in the past.  He can tell students first hand how choices matter, and how you can screw your life up when you make bad ones.  Personally, I'd love to hear more of his story.

Edited by TigerJ
make additions
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Sad story in many ways as he was a very talented individual.  Hopefully, over the long term things go well for him.

What made Karlos so effective? I never thought he looked natural at RB. He kind of ran upright in my opinion. He didn't seem to have too much lateral quickness or impressive agility. He wasn't huge either but he did run hard.

He was a one cut type of back and must have had fantastic instincts.

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

How the hell was, "Buffalo Bills Fan," not taken until 2017????

I hope Karlos' life goes well.

I think you would be outta NFL if I was taken lol

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

How the hell was, "Buffalo Bills Fan," not taken until 2017????

I hope Karlos' life goes well.

I FOUND your BUDDIES. What you get for talking crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW what a turn of events i thought that kid was going to be one of the corp guys that would help turn the Bills into a winning team again .

I hope if given another chance which if he isn't i guess 3 strikes & your out but i would hope he has learned something & can do something to turn him self around for him self if for no one else !! 

Interesting that he is trying to make another come back. I really hope he is ready if he gets that call.  I seem to remember that he had a girlfriend or wife who was pretty combative with the "fans" on twitter. I always thought she seemed like a bad influence on him for some reason.  I hope he gets a shot at his redemption story.