PFF says Bills still suck

10 hours ago, Ronin said:

Or, maybe our roster isn't as upgraded as so many say it is.  Talk is cheap.  

A lot of cognitive dissonance going on here.  

The perpetual question-du-jour.  

Admit I had to look it up

Definition of dissonance

1a : lack of agreement the dissonance between the truth and what people want to believe especially : inconsistency between the beliefs one holds or between one's actions and one's beliefs — compare cognitive dissonance

So dissonance on this Mr. Webster's
  • Morse an upgrade (I'd say so)
  • Ed Oliver .. upgrade
  • Beasley an upgrade (The analytics tell the same story — Beasley is amongst the NFL’s elite at getting himself open. Pro Football Focus (who we are mocking in this thread .. but in this case used real stats) recently acknowledged the receiver’s proficiency in creating separation. On Twitter, the statistics firm told a praise-worthy number. Last year, per PFF, 72.5% of Beasley’s targets came when he had one plus step on his defender, the highest such number in the NFL).
  • The merry cast of OL signings plus Ford pick - I'll take those road graders over last year's OL starters and 2nd string .. says something when there only may be one OL starter (Dawkins) returning from last year
  • Special Team signings - Andre Roberts averaged .. again "averaged" .. 29.4 Yards per return on Kicks and 14 yards per return on punts last year .. upgrade
  • RB's (granted old) ... but Gore (granted old), Yeldon, Singletary ... upgrade
  • Most importantly .. Josh Allen year 2 as undisputed starter, all camp reps therein, better supporting cast ... upgrade

So I'll take my cognitive dissonance and go drink some more Kool-Aid .. Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because it's the same cast of wet diapers doing wet diaper things. And uniformly, these posters, like yourself, have an over-inflated view of the brilliance of themselves and the sheer trash they crusade-post. Broken records and SSDD negativity isn't worth any other response. Understand now?

Nope. Because it’s much worse if all you ever post is a one word response to anything negative. No one is claiming they’re brilliant as far as I can see. 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Nope. Because it’s much worse if all you ever post is a one word response to anything negative. No one is claiming they’re brilliant as far as I can see. 

Obviously, you don't read Ronin or BADOLBILZ's stuff.

10 hours ago, Chemical said:

You again, adding nothing.

Why not defend the additions?

John Brown and Cole Beasley didn’t scare anyone last year. One 1,000 yards season between the two. They improve the WRs from worst in the league to hopefully not worst in the league. 

The O-line is hopefully much better, but that remains to be seen. One year ago how many people who are positive about the new players had even heard of Mitch Morse, Jon Feliciano, Ty Nsecke etc? I’m sure some, but it’s a clear case of rose-colored glasses and hope. 

What difference does it make if people heard of Morse, Feliciano or Nsekhe?  Morse is still highly-regarded and Feliciano and Nsekhe will likely be backups who will be upgrades over what they had.   And improving a bad receiving corps is still improving, no?  No one said they added all Pro Bowlers.

I have found some insightful information from PFF on how capable players are where the numbers aren't there. Noting how well they did their job even if they weren't able to get the sack, or make the tackle, or if the receiver dropped the pass and so on.

This review on the Bills was crap! They didn't mention the new receivers when talking about the passing game, they didn't mention the oline changes. There was no substance or sign of research. Just information saying how bad things were last year. Way to be current... :doh:

7 minutes ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

I have found some insightful information from PFF on how capable players are where the numbers aren't there. Noting how well they did their job even if they weren't able to get the sack, or make the tackle, or if the receiver dropped the pass and so on.

This review on the Bills was crap! They didn't mention the new receivers when talking about the passing game, they didn't mention the oline changes. There was no substance or sign of research. Just information saying how bad things were last year. Way to be current... :doh:

Like I said above, I didn't give them the benefit of the click.  So it looks like they didn't take into account the additions.  I guess that explains the idiotic ranking.

5 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Admit I had to look it up

Definition of dissonance

1a : lack of agreement the dissonance between the truth and what people want to believe especially : inconsistency between the beliefs one holds or between one's actions and one's beliefs — compare cognitive dissonance

So dissonance on this Mr. Webster's
  • Morse an upgrade (I'd say so)
  • Ed Oliver .. upgrade
  • Beasley an upgrade (The analytics tell the same story — Beasley is amongst the NFL’s elite at getting himself open. Pro Football Focus (who we are mocking in this thread .. but in this case used real stats) recently acknowledged the receiver’s proficiency in creating separation. On Twitter, the statistics firm told a praise-worthy number. Last year, per PFF, 72.5% of Beasley’s targets came when he had one plus step on his defender, the highest such number in the NFL).
  • The merry cast of OL signings plus Ford pick - I'll take those road graders over last year's OL starters and 2nd string .. says something when there only may be one OL starter (Dawkins) returning from last year
  • Special Team signings - Andre Roberts averaged .. again "averaged" .. 29.4 Yards per return on Kicks and 14 yards per return on punts last year .. upgrade
  • RB's (granted old) ... but Gore (granted old), Yeldon, Singletary ... upgrade
  • Most importantly .. Josh Allen year 2 as undisputed starter, all camp reps therein, better supporting cast ... upgrade

So I'll take my cognitive dissonance and go drink some more Kool-Aid .. Go Bills!!

Once again, keep the crux of the discussion in mind, "upgrade" is one thing, the degree or extent of the "upgrade" is yet altogether another.  I've agreed that there's been an "upgrade," but by the way everyone around here talks we sucked moose chestnuts in terms of talent on the team last season.  So "upggrading" to average or so may not exactly match the narrative(s) here.  

That is all.  

12 hours ago, Chemical said:

You again, adding nothing.

Why not defend the additions?

John Brown and Cole Beasley didn’t scare anyone last year. One 1,000 yards season between the two. They improve the WRs from worst in the league to hopefully not worst in the league. 

The O-line is hopefully much better, but that remains to be seen. One year ago how many people who are positive about the new players had even heard of Mitch Morse, Jon Feliciano, Ty Nsecke etc? I’m sure some, but it’s a clear case of rose-colored glasses and hope. 

I will be honest I knew little of Feliciano. I knew Nsekhe (and was not as high on him as some are) but Mitch Morse and Quinton Spain were guys on my list all the way through last season. Those two are legit players. 

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Because it's the same cast of wet diapers doing wet diaper things. And uniformly, these posters, like yourself, have an over-inflated view of the brilliance of themselves and the sheer trash they crusade-post. Broken records and SSDD negativity isn't worth any other response. Understand now?

Yeah. According to you it's all sunshine and roses. Gotta be a big homer. Everything DEM BILLS do is great. 

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yeah. According to you it's all sunshine and roses. Gotta be a big homer. Everything DEM BILLS do is great. 

In actuality, @Joe in Winslow has had no problem calling out DEM BILLS plenty of times even recently, whether for some of their draft moves this year or for their engagement with the 90’s greats being too much—so this take is just plain wrong. 

10 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

In actuality, @Joe in Winslow has had no problem calling out DEM BILLS plenty of times even recently, whether for some of their draft moves this year or for their engagement with the 90’s greats being too much—so this take is just plain wrong. 

Maybe but now anytime anyone says anything bad about Allen or don't look at him as the saviour at QB, the response they get is "^this guy ?. Its almost like all fans must Billieve in Allen or your not a fan of DEM BILLS. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I will be honest I knew little of Feliciano. I knew Nsekhe (and was not as high on him as some are) but Mitch Morse and Quinton Spain were guys on my list all the way through last season. Those two are legit players. 

I like those two signings as well, and Nsekhe once I researched him more.

What I’m trying to say is if the Bills and Jets (or another team that added a lot of players) swapped free agent classes, everyone would still be very excited

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

"Roster devoid of talent" ranks #29 in league. Uhhhhh, okay.

I have nothing to contribute to this, other than to say that your title is perfect.  It catches my eye and makes me laugh every day.  I love a well-written title.  Cheers, PTR!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Do you ever get tired of being negative? No? Well I'm tired of you being negative, so you get a ^this guy :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Maybe but now anytime anyone says anything bad about Allen or don't look at him as the saviour at QB, the response they get is "^this guy ?. Its almost like all fans must Billieve in Allen or your not a fan of DEM BILLS. 

To be fair, and disregarding any other past history of Joe's posts, the "^this guy ?" that he was referring to is one of the worst, intellectually dishonest trolls on this board. 

4 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

This is true. If you want to avoid message board conflict, which I do, you have to critique Allen with kid gloves lest ye be cast as "not a Bills fan."

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This is true. If you want to avoid message board conflict, which I do, you have to critique Allen with kid gloves lest ye be cast as "not a Bills fan."

False. You'll note I don't come at you for anti Allen stuff. Because your takes are at least marginally original and mostly respectable and respectful.

I only come at idiots, and you're not one.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think this goes both ways, and is dominated by the extremes of both camps. Like most hot-button issues, if you reasonably argue agains't one extreme side, or the other, you are accused of either seeing things as "all roses, and unicorns," or accused of being a "closet Pats* fan." Or something like that.

Be that as it may, the people on the extreme sides of these issues are most guilty of the straw-man argument, and it is both infuriating, and boring, at the same time.

• Thank you (+1) 1