PFF says Bills still suck

10 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

No I'm saying any poll or review is based on past history. I ain't making the poll. I'm confident where we're going next year and don't give a d*** what the poll says because we're bringing back a similar roster with no splash FAs to make PFF think we're any different in some lazy article.

If we want to be percieved as good we oughta out our money where our mouth is. Which we're getting ready to do. Until then we can piss and moan about lazy journalism or recognize lazy journalism needs to see some more Ws in the W/L column to change their minds. Forget about getting insecure validation from lazy journalists and get our validation starting week 1 and going forward. 

Again how many people are sh***ing on the Browns on this board all off-season? They made flashy signings. They have questionable lockerroom leadership. We're assuming Brown's culture never changes. Goes both ways. What are lazy fans going to say about a Bills roster with not nearly the name recognition the Browns cobbled together.

Let's go Bills and throw that chip on our shoulder! Thank you PFF. Are you saying having a losing season should have 0% on our perception the year after? No. I'm not saying having a losing season should be 100% either. Let's just accept PFF's challenge because they shouldn't be using that rationale... But they are brutha.

What I'm saying is it's lazy analysis to constantly fall back to past performance when, allegedly, making predictions for the future. Especially when a team overhauls it's roster. If you're ranking rosters, then analyze rosters. Don't reprint last year's standings.

• Like (+1) 1

There is a difference in my opinion between a team and a roster. When I think of roster I think talent and when I think team is how that talent works together. For example in most seasons New England doesn’t have the most talented roster but in most years they are the best TEAM 

The the opposite example is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Until last years top 3 roster but no where near the best team. 

We may not have the best talent (pro bowls, all pro) yet but I feel like at this point the Sum of our parts are greater than parts by themselves

Edited by Protocal69

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What I'm saying is it's lazy analysis to constantly fall back to past performance when, allegedly, making predictions for the future. Especially when a team overhauls it's roster. If you're ranking rosters, then analyze rosters. Don't reprint last year's standings.

Right. I said as much too. Personally I enjoy because it clearly doesn't matter on the gridiron what PFF thinks. And earning a high ranking begrudgingly from media and NFL pundits alike is much more rewarding than being an underserved preseason darling that usually disappoints. I want PFF to say we're a fluke if we go 5-0 and have to concede and say wow this 8-2 team is damned good let's run playoff seeding projections with this team I just noticed is the real deal.

I want us to play our way up there. And the later PFF doesn't give us a shout-out the sweeter it would be when they simply can't ignore us for our play and not some lame preseason undeserved anointment as contender.

Otherwise if we're mediocre, screw it. But I've resigned myself to knowing lazy journalism and found a way to make it another fun reason to root for the Bills to pound Patriots at Foxboro.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think the #29 rating is reasonable, but still a little low. The vast majority of new players we added were pretty average. Even some "big name" guys like J Brown, F Gore & EJ Gaines are very average starters. Neither of last year's 1st rounders has played at a very high level yet and they still have a very long way to go. Of course, many fans are making absurd claims about our OL being top 5 or Josh Allen being an MVP when he's not even an average starter yet?

The good news is that we have no gaping holes in the roster any more and our youngest players are in key positions to affect the direction of this team. If they turn out great, that's where we're headed. Let's just hope Beane picked the right mix of talent.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/27/2019 at 2:54 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

An Automotive Design Engineer needs to get on this....the car would be called the ????  Help me come up with a name for this car shaped like my junk.

The Beetle or the Mini.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

12 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I think the #29 rating is reasonable, but still a little low. The vast majority of new players we added were pretty average. Even some "big name" guys like J Brown, F Gore & EJ Gaines are very average starters. Neither of last year's 1st rounders has played at a very high level yet and they still have a very long way to go. Of course, many fans are making absurd claims about our OL being top 5 or Josh Allen being an MVP when he's not even an average starter yet?

The good news is that we have no gaping holes in the roster any more and our youngest players are in key positions to affect the direction of this team. If they turn out great, that's where we're headed. Let's just hope Beane picked the right mix of talent.

It's not reasonable to rate a team 5 spots lower from the year before when even adding average starters (Gore and Gaines will be backups, and excellent ones at that), never mind other players like Beasley or the half dozen OL, make the team better than it was last year.  I could see rating higher than 24, but not lower and certainly not 5 spots lower.

Edited by Doc

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's not reasonable to rate a team 5 spots lower from the year before when even adding average starters (Gore and Gaines will be backups, and excellent ones at that), never mind other players like Beasley or the half dozen OL, make the team better than it was last year.  I could see rating lower than 24, but not lower and certainly not 5 spots lower.

Our defense alone makes this ranking a head scratcher, but it’s really all about Allen. If Allen is legit, the OL all look better, the RBs all look better, the WRs all look better and then we’re off to the races. 

Still, this ranking is strange given the fact we bolstered an already Top 10 Defense and then added John Brown, Cole Beasley, Mitch Morse, Ty Nsekhe and Frank Gore, let alone adding a bunch of solid OL rotation/depth, 2nd year growth from Zay & Foster and a highly drafted RT, RB and TE. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

Our defense alone makes this ranking a head scratcher, but it’s really all about Allen. If Allen is legit, the OL all look better, the RBs all look better and WRs all look better and then we’re off to the races. 

Still, this ranking is strange given the fact we bolstered an already Top 10 Defense and then added John Brown, Cole Beasley, Mitch Morse, Ty Nsekhe and Frank Gore, let alone adding a bunch of solid OL rotation/depth, 2nd year growth from Zay & Foster and a highly drafted RT, RB and TE. 

Yeah, it makes little sense.  The defense should be better with the adds and the OL will definitely be improved, which will help the whole offense.  If Allen progresses, this is a playoff team for sure.

Didn't bother viewing the PFF link in the original post, but here is a PFF article I ran across on Twitter (has to be from a different writer/analyst) that lays out the reasons to like the offseason moves the Bills made from the standpoint of what Josh did well, the areas of the field they can attack and the strengths of the players they acquired.   So we have a reason to like PFF again. 

.profootballfocus  the-buffalo-bills-put-josh-allen-in-a-position-to-succeed-with-active-offseason