PFF says Bills still suck

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

But if they did....it would smell like lilac and roses! 

I think they are looking in the rear view mirror vs the windshield. What do they lose if we make the playoffs? 

It would mean we got lucky the rest of the division fell off the cliff. You know that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Yes, they still suck untill they prove otherwise with wins.  We all know and understand this, right?

You suck until you don't suck. We up here saying the same thing about the Browns that are getting hyped on paper. Bills and Browns need a really good season to convince the casual fan that the last 20 years aren't indicative of the next year.

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

You suck until you don't suck. We up here saying the same thing about the Browns that are getting hyped on paper. Bills and Browns need a really good season to convince the casual fan that the last 20 years aren't indicative of the next year.

So you're saying that any poll or review evaluating teams going into a new season, should be 100% based on what happened before? Gotcha.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, teef said:

anyone know the address for pff?  i'd like to go throw rocks at their building.  maybe they work out of a small ranch house...i don't know.

Whatever address is throw rocks at basement windows as all these nerds live with mom still in a basement bedroom 

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Here is their building...

Being in Cincinnati, they are likely Bengals fans.

Best way to get 'em back will be week 3, the home opener.

Untitled-1.jpg

How much do you really need to get back at someone who is, ahem, stuckincincy.

The Bills will eventually prove these writers wrong.......Hopefully, this is the year....I don't get bend out of shape about that stuff like some posters in this thread seem to be.....we've been bad for a very long time....it will take a few good seasons to turn the tide regarding the national opinion of the Buffalo Bills.....

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Yup.  It's idiotic.  The Bills were the the 24th best team last year.  Since then, they've spent a ton of money in FA, lost almost no one, and added some talent in the draft.  And yet that dropped them 5 spots?   I realize this stuff is just opinion, but at least use some intelligence.

PFF boast about their stats all the time, but I think they just can't help putting a thumb on the scale when it comes to the Bills. At least they give us something to B word about:)

The Bills ranked 30th on Offense: That is with them starting 4 different QBs, fielded almost an entire offense of practice squad guys and cast offs.

I have no qualms with ranking that motley collection in line with that 30th in Offensive performance. The front office has overhauled that roster and Allen is in his second year in Daboll's system - we will see how they perform this season.

The Bills were 2nd in overall Defense - this area to me has arguably improved - on paper. I know we lost Kyle, but I think the additions they have made, the guys that are back healthy, and the experience gained by all the 1st year players last year can only take this group to another level.

The Bills also play NE twice a year which is the team that thumps the rest of the league on a fairly regular basis - so I would toss in a handicap.

Either way, if we averaged the offensive roster as 30th, and the defensive roster as 2nd the Bills roster would land at about the middle of the pack, and that is where I think the Bills deserve to be till the Offense and Special Teams catches up a bit to the level of play of the defense.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So you're saying that any poll or review evaluating teams going into a new season, should be 100% based on what happened before? Gotcha.

No I'm saying any poll or review is based on past history. I ain't making the poll. I'm confident where we're going next year and don't give a d*** what the poll says because we're bringing back a similar roster with no splash FAs to make PFF think we're any different in some lazy article.

If we want to be percieved as good we oughta out our money where our mouth is. Which we're getting ready to do. Until then we can piss and moan about lazy journalism or recognize lazy journalism needs to see some more Ws in the W/L column to change their minds. Forget about getting insecure validation from lazy journalists and get our validation starting week 1 and going forward. 

Again how many people are sh***ing on the Browns on this board all off-season? They made flashy signings. They have questionable lockerroom leadership. We're assuming Brown's culture never changes. Goes both ways. What are lazy fans going to say about a Bills roster with not nearly the name recognition the Browns cobbled together.

Let's go Bills and throw that chip on our shoulder! Thank you PFF. Are you saying having a losing season should have 0% on our perception the year after? No. I'm not saying having a losing season should be 100% either. Let's just accept PFF's challenge because they shouldn't be using that rationale... But they are brutha.

It was so nice to read a piece about last year's roster posted by PFF in June 2019.

That's the prompt reporting that's necessary to keep all fans up to speed on current roster dynamics.

Great work PFF. 

Maybe I'll just replay last year's games this year so my watching experience of their player ratings matches their "2019 roster rating". 

Edited by WideRightRevenge
grammar fix
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

PFF boast about their stats all the time, but I think they just can't help putting a thumb on the scale when it comes to the Bills. At least they give us something to B word about:)

The Bills ranked 30th on Offense: That is with them starting 4 different QBs, fielded almost an entire offense of practice squad guys and cast offs.

I have no qualms with ranking that motley collection in line with that 30th in Offensive performance. The front office has overhauled that roster and Allen is in his second year in Daboll's system - we will see how they perform this season.

The Bills were 2nd in overall Defense - this area to me has arguably improved - on paper. I know we lost Kyle, but I think the additions they have made, the guys that are back healthy, and the experience gained by all the 1st year players last year can only take this group to another level.

The Bills also play NE twice a year which is the team that thumps the rest of the league on a fairly regular basis - so I would toss in a handicap.

Either way, if we averaged the offensive roster as 30th, and the defensive roster as 2nd the Bills roster would land at about the middle of the pack, and that is where I think the Bills deserve to be till the Offense and Special Teams catches up a bit to the level of play of the defense.

I don't know if they have a motive and frankly I don't care.  Saying the Bills will be 5 spots worse than last year is one of the dumbest things I've read in awhile.  I only wish I could make a large bet with PFF about the Bills finishing 29th and see if they put their money where their mouth is.