PFF says Bills still suck

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Only available in warm weather states.  The winter...ya know....shrinkage.  It shrinks?

Related image

Of course it shrinks

How else are you supposed to keep warm? Form fitting

I'm gonna have to move out of buffalo so I can enjoy that bad boy

Oh well.  The Bills aren't going to get any respect until they prove it on the field.

Everything starts with the QB.  And the Bills have a guy who wasn't a big name in college, was generally disliked as a draft prospect by most of the sports media, and statistically was among the worst passers in the league as a rookie.

Bills fans have more optimism, because we actually watched Josh Allen play last year.  We saw his progression as the season went on.  We saw the help he got from the supporting cast.  And many of us believe he will take a significant jump in Year 2.

Two things here.  First, it's understandable for sites to say the Bills suck until they don't.  Only way they're getting respect is if they earn it.  At the same time, calling them the fourth worst in the league is a display of ignorance that throws any credibility they had out the window, then ran it over with car for good measure.  This isn't analytics.  It's bagging on the Bills because it's safe and easy.  That's just lazy writing.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

We weren't the 29th ranked team last year, and the team has gotten better, so we must have been like 32nd last year.

I guess that means our coaching made up for for perceived lack of talent?

Yup.  It's idiotic.  The Bills were the the 24th best team last year.  Since then, they've spent a ton of money in FA, lost almost no one, and added some talent in the draft.  And yet that dropped them 5 spots?   I realize this stuff is just opinion, but at least use some intelligence.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

It has always struck me that PFF really only looks at numbers. This is valuable as a resource, but if one only looks at numbers, you will only gather a very incomplete picture.

This ranking looks like what happens when you only consider numbers. But, football is so much more than that. 

4 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Who cares how good the roster is, they keep winning SB's, that's what garners all the accolades many fans desire.

That's dumb. Are you rating rosters or reading the standings? 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Im ok with this....respect comes with wins

Then why go through the exercise of "ranking rosters" if all your doing is counting wins? In that case the Patriots are #1 in every poll no matter what the poll is about.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s all about Allen.  If he is the real deal then miraculously the Bills will look much better.  They had the number 2 defense last year with all but one returning.  Arguably their shiny new rookie 3-technique d-tackle will become better than the guy he replaced (and yes, that is saying a lot) so yeah the entire roster sucks.

It's really more about Morse and the o-line.

• Like (+1) 1

Well they do kind of suck but are improving. 29th? No way! Maybe 19th or 20th. That's where they been for 20 years now .... good enough to tease and compete now and then bad enough to always have the wheels come off in the end. Here's to hoping against hope as I do every year that this is finally going to be a good year.

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And the Patriots are the #1 most talented roster. They don't even have to poop ever. <_<

But if they did....it would smell like lilac and roses! 

I think they are looking in the rear view mirror vs the windshield. What do they lose if we make the playoffs?