Could Shady be done in Buffalo?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeldon is fighting with Perry for 4th HB.  

I suppose this may be true. If it is, I would give Perry the edge as he has been a special teams standout during his career— not just in kick returns, but in versatility. And, I would guess that when it came to offense, he would outperform Yeldon there, too. 

McCoy runs through holes.  He doesn't create them.  When the O line lost Incognito and Wood, Shady's 2018 was doomed.  If this new O line is a lot better than last year's, we'll see whether Shady really has gas left in the tank.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

still with this stuff? geez.

I read the article earlier today as well and I got the feeling it was gonna be a good competition..…. just like the article hints towards.

if anyone isn't making it out, its yeldon, not McCoy. 

...why not?...we have Chris Brown on a skewer and OJ as still deserving of a thread......throw in the "fire McDermott?" idea again....just an exuberant LULL..YAWN...Fisher-Price wi fi strikes again....

My assumption is that Buffalo added Yeldon, Singletary and Gore because they wanted to create some real competition in training camp, and felt any of them has at least a slim chance to make the 53 man roster.  So, I withhold judgments and we see how it shakes out.

11 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

My assumption is that Buffalo added Yeldon, Singletary and Gore because they wanted to create some real competition in training camp, and felt any of them has at least a slim chance to make the 53 man roster.  So, I withhold judgments and we see how it shakes out.

They'll all be competition and barring something unforeseen, Gore and Singletary at least are locks.  Gore looks like he can at least be an excellent backup while Singletary will be counted on to take over for Shady and Gore, who are on the downsides of their careers.  Yeldon could have a role as a pass catching RB.

10 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I suppose this may be true. If it is, I would give Perry the edge as he has been a special teams standout during his career— not just in kick returns, but in versatility. And, I would guess that when it came to offense, he would outperform Yeldon there, too. 

Agree. They are in a battle with each other but also with the bottom of the roster tight ends, receivers, corners and pass rushers to make it. 

While I don't believe Shady being cut is likely it is certainly within the realm.  Even though there weren't many running lanes for him last year he did seem to lose some of his bounce on his cuts and if that regression continues, well.......It could happen.

I can't even count how many times last year that I saw Shady attempt to run thru a hole, only for it to close just as fast with nowhere to run.... if there ever was a hole in the 1st place. Often the OLine was pushed back a yard or 2 back from the line of scrimmage by the time he even got the ball. Same thing would happen to Allen back there. Ball gets snapped & a defender almost beats the ball back to the QB lol. On a handful of carries where Shady did break one off for a big chunk of yards, it'd get called back on a penalty for holding or something else & he'd appear visibly frustrated & upset, as the rare positive play didn't even count. Nobody ever talks about that kinda stuff. Its just the same old narrative of Shady isnt the same.

That's not to say I don't think he could've played better. I also think he gets inside his own head sometimes & gets effected by his emotions too much when frustrated, but he has high expectations for himself. He's a back that needs to get into a rhythm & get into the game to get a feel for the blocking & what the defense is doing. Our offense for half the season was pretty pathetic. The only rhythm in those games was the cycling in & out of our punter. In the games where Peterman & Anderson were starting, do you think defenses were afraid of being beat in the air? No they were cheating towards the run.  So no, I don't worry about Shady losing a step at all tbh. I worry about the line because it all starts with them. If theyre effective this season Allen & Shady will be as well. But people zeroing in on Shady last year for his dropoff in production evidently didn't watch the same games I did, as its not as simple or black & white imo. Regardless, if he has a good season or not, I still think this is Shady's final season with the Bills.

21 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I can't even count how many times last year that I saw Shady attempt to run thru a hole, only for it to close just as fast with nowhere to run.... if there ever was a hole in the 1st place.

There was no hole in the first place.  The only back they might've made last year's very offensive line look good would have been Jim Brown.

43 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I can't even count how many times last year that I saw Shady attempt to run thru a hole, only for it to close just as fast with nowhere to run.... if there ever was a hole in the 1st place. Often the OLine was pushed back a yard or 2 back from the line of scrimmage by the time he even got the ball. Same thing would happen to Allen back there. Ball gets snapped & a defender almost beats the ball back to the QB lol. On a handful of carries where Shady did break one off for a big chunk of yards, it'd get called back on a penalty for holding or something else & he'd appear visibly frustrated & upset, as the rare positive play didn't even count. Nobody ever talks about that kinda stuff. Its just the same old narrative of Shady isnt the same.

That's not to say I don't think he could've played better. I also think he gets inside his own head sometimes & gets effected by his emotions too much when frustrated, but he has high expectations for himself. He's a back that needs to get into a rhythm & get into the game to get a feel for the blocking & what the defense is doing. Our offense for half the season was pretty pathetic. The only rhythm in those games was the cycling in & out of our punter. In the games where Peterman & Anderson were starting, do you think defenses were afraid of being beat in the air? No they were cheating towards the run.  So no, I don't worry about Shady losing a step at all tbh. I worry about the line because it all starts with them. If theyre effective this season Allen & Shady will be as well. But people zeroing in on Shady last year for his dropoff in production evidently didn't watch the same games I did, as its not as simple or black & white imo. Regardless, if he has a good season or not, I still think this is Shady's final season with the Bills.

Agree totally. And the more frustrated he gets the more he tries to bounce everything outside. This has always been true of Shady even when he was 25. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree totally. And the more frustrated he gets the more he tries to bounce everything outside. This has always been true of Shady even when he was 25. 

He's still 25.

Related image

20 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Never change Tipster, never change.

Tipster aint into participating in any of the dozen other threads on this topic.  Tipster only posts in Tipster created threads.  Typically only once at that.  I'd guess 80% of his posts are OPs.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The large RB group is meant for competition. Any one of them who can't keep up, including McCoy, gets cut.

Since there’s almost no contact in training camp anymore and almost less in preseason games, the only way Shady gets cut is if he shows no mental or emotional interest in playing anymore. I highly doubt that’ll be the case, but I don’t know the man personally.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The large RB group is meant for competition. Any one of them who can't keep up, including McCoy, gets cut.

Since there’s almost no contact in training camp anymore and almost less in preseason games, the only way Shady gets cut is if he shows no mental or emotional interest in playing anymore. I highly doubt that’ll be the case, but I don’t know the man personally.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:18 AM, NewDayBills said:

They'll hold him until camp I'm sure, but the expectations for him will be sky high. They expect to see him cut on a dime and be explosive. He's making twice as much as our entire backfield combined and he's coming off a career low and frankly I do not see him as a bell cow RB anymore.

No problem.  This system usually uses multiple backs anyway.  Like the patriots have for a long time.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And also, since there’s almost no contact in training camp anymore and almost less in preseason games, the only way Shady gets cut is if he shows no mental or emotional interest in playing anymore. I highly doubt that’ll be the case, but I don’t know the man personally.