Could Shady be done in Buffalo?

8 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I believe that Yeldon will be the third down back next season with Singletary being the lead back.  It won't surprise me if McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, and Singletary are all on the final roster this year.

I think Yeldon will be our "man on the couch" that we call to add to the roster in case of injury.

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

I would think if they were going to release him , they would have already to give him time to sign with another team before camp starts. 

That is 100 percent correct. Shady has been a good citizen and McDermott is a fan of his. Note that McCoy is often the public face of the team too; it was him who was being quoted yesterday on Josh Allen's progress. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

That is 100 percent correct. Shady has been a good citizen and McDermott is a fan of his. Note that McCoy is often the public face of the team too; it was him who was being quoted yesterday on Josh Allen's progress. 

He's going to have a good year

41 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

In fairness, the 'cut Shady' crusaders haven't had a fresh thread in at least a week.

And really, why wouldn't you cut him and assume the best case scenario from a rookie, a journeyman and a 36 year old?    That's some sound risk management right there!

Well, tagging Gore as simply a 36 year old would be to ignore a very solid year he had as a 35 year old.  And the NFL has amply demonstrated recently that rookie RBs can tear up the league right away.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, tagging Gore as simply a 36 year old would be to ignore a very solid year he had as a 35 year old.  And the NFL has amply demonstrated recently that rookie RBs can tear up the league right away.

All true, but IMO banking on that would be foolish and not in the best interests of our young QB and unproven WR corps.

It could just as easily go the other way with Gore breaking down and Singletary not turning out to be as good as we hope.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

In fairness, the 'cut Shady' crusaders haven't had a fresh thread in at least a week.

And really, why wouldn't you cut him and assume the best case scenario from a rookie, a journeyman and a 36 year old?    That's some sound risk management right there!

Some trolls want him to be cut so he can go to their team the Cheaters. Ignore them.

There are quite a few on here, and in the media, that are just assuming that Yeldon makes the 53, and I don't see it. He really doesn't seem like the McD type process guy. But, however you slice it, and regardless of where he was drafted, 465 rushing yards in four years is unspectacular. And, apparently, his attitude sucks.

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/12/jaguars-tom-coughlin-scolds-disrespectful-tj-yeldon-leonard-fournette.html

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Yeldon is a career 4ypc RB, that's solid. He can also get you 50-60 receptions a year. His production is similar to Shady's, he is being paid 5x less, offers a skillset we do not have currently and is 5 years younger. You don't bring in Frank Gore and Devin Singletary and sign Yeldon to a 2 year deal if you ain't having second thoughts about Shady. The hotseat for Shady is hotter than the bowels of Tartarus, he knows he better return to 1,000 yards rushing or the plug will be pulled.

Oh Shady won't be here next year. There is no chance he is here next year. But Yeldon likely won't be here this year. Reason? He isn't very good at football. 

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

There are quite a few on here, and in the media, that are just assuming that Yeldon makes the 53, and I don't see it. He really doesn't seem like the McD type process guy. But, however you slice it, and regardless of where he was drafted, 465 rushing yards in four years is unspectacular. And, apparently, his attitude sucks.

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/12/jaguars-tom-coughlin-scolds-disrespectful-tj-yeldon-leonard-fournette.html

Yep. I think he is a longshot to make the 53. 

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I read this article today and it gave me the feeling that McCoy could be cashed out if Gore/Yeldon/Singletary can work out. It could make sense, Gore for leadership, Yeldon for a reserve and Singletary for similar running style.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/27/t-j-yeldon-expects-heated-competition-between-bills-running-backs/amp/

Really? How do you not just see this is filler? PFT is great at taking small point and added comments people say and then blowing them up, losing the context, and making it its own story - much in the same way you have posted it here. Appreciate the thought, but there was zero reason to click that link if one values their time.