Could Shady be done in Buffalo?

I read this article today and it gave me the feeling that McCoy could be cashed out if Gore/Yeldon/Singletary can work out. It could make sense, Gore for leadership, Yeldon for a reserve and Singletary for similar running style.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/27/t-j-yeldon-expects-heated-competition-between-bills-running-backs/amp/

still with this stuff? geez.

I read the article earlier today as well and I got the feeling it was gonna be a good competition..…. just like the article hints towards.

if anyone isn't making it out, its yeldon, not McCoy. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

22 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I read this article today and it gave me the feeling that McCoy could be cashed out if Gore/Yeldon/Singletary can work out. It could make sense, Gore for leadership, Yeldon for a reserve and Singletary for similar running style.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/27/t-j-yeldon-expects-heated-competition-between-bills-running-backs/amp/

in your scenario, who gets the ball....Leadership and reserve....who plays?

I think Shady's going to be playing with a huge chip on his shoulder. 1000 yards on the ground is unlikely, but he'll do good enough to be picked up by somebody else next year. Baltimore might be a good fit for him at this point in his career

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Been saying it forever. Bills fans are blinded by loyalty and cannot see the business aspects of releasing or trading Shady. Gore is good for 500, Singletary could likely pound out 1500 all purpose yards and Yeldon could likely provide similar production that Shady did last year. 

I tend to agree.  I appreciate what he's done here but he's not getting any younger.  This season will be telling, if he doesn't to produce now with the revamped oline it's bye-bye IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, McNubbins said:

I tend to agree.  I appreciate what he's done here but he's not getting any younger.  This season will be telling, if he doesn't to produce now with the revamped oline it's bye-bye IMO.

They'll hold him until camp I'm sure, but the expectations for him will be sky high. They expect to see him cut on a dime and be explosive. He's making twice as much as our entire backfield combined and he's coming off a career low and frankly I do not see him as a bell cow RB anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Been saying it forever. Bills fans are blinded by loyalty and cannot see the business aspects of releasing or trading Shady. Gore is good for 500, Singletary could likely pound out 1500 all purpose yards and Yeldon could likely provide similar production that Shady did last year. 

You keep saying this on Yeldon...... but what is it based on?

There is nothing to lead us to believe that. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You keep saying this on Yeldon...... but what is it based on?

There is nothing to lead us to believe that. 

Yeldon 2018:

414 yards 4.0ypc 

487 yards 55 recs

5 TDs

Shady:

514 yards 3.2ypc

238 yards 34 recs

3 TDS

Shady was less productive in a primary role and is making 5x more than Yeldon. Yeldon is a better 3rd down back and our best receiver in terms of giving Allen a quick and easy completion in 3rd down and short yardage situations. Gore has never been known as a receiver, neither has Shady and Singletary has never been asked to do so. Yeldon has soft hands and can provide a soft underneath target for Allen along the lines of Cole Beasley and I feel this fact is understated.

Edited by NewDayBills

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is fresh...

In fairness, the 'cut Shady' crusaders haven't had a fresh thread in at least a week.

And really, why wouldn't you cut him and assume the best case scenario from a rookie, a journeyman and a 36 year old?    That's some sound risk management right there!

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Yeldon 2018:

414 yards 4.0ypc 

487 yards 55 recs

5 TDs

Shady:

514 yards 3.2ypc

238 yards 34 recs

3 TDS

Shady was less productive in a primary role and is making 5x more than Yeldon. Yeldon is a better 3rd down back and our best receiver in terms of giving Allen a quick and easy completion in 3rd down and short yardage situations. Gore has never been known as a receiver, neither has Shady and Singletary has never been asked to do so. Yeldon has soft hands and can provide a soft underneath target for Allen along the lines of Cole Beasley and I feel this fact is understated.

So TJ Yeldon has similar production to Shady once in his career when Shady is playing behind an awful line (and even then has fewer rushing yards). I just can't see it. It isn't loyalty. It isn't emotion. I am not an emotional guy. It is the fact Yeldon sucks. 

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Done to death. No. 

There is absolutely no reason on this fair earth why a team would carry TJ Yeldon on an active roster over LeSean McCoy. Okay maybe one reason..... they are tanking. 

I agree with you for this season.  I believe that Yeldon will be the third down back next season with Singletary being the lead back.  It won't surprise me if McCoy, Gore, Yeldon, and Singletary are all on the final roster this year.  It is rare that teams don't have running backs injured and missing games.  Last year, the Bills experienced this with questionable depth talent.  I believe that Yeldon and Singletary were brought in to improve the reserve talent this year and to be the main guys for next year.  McCoy has absolutely no trade value with his age, contract cost, and last year's performance.  I don't expect him to be cut either.  Given the struggles of the o-line last year, McCoy's poor season isn't completely on him and McD knows that. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So TJ Yeldon has similar production to Shady once in his career when Shady is playing behind an awful line (and even then has fewer rushing yards). I just can't see it. It isn't loyalty. It isn't emotion. I am not an emotional guy. It is the fact Yeldon sucks. 

Yeldon is a career 4ypc RB, that's solid. He can also get you 50-60 receptions a year. His production is similar to Shady's, he is being paid 5x less, offers a skillset we do not have currently and is 5 years younger. You don't bring in Frank Gore and Devin Singletary and sign Yeldon to a 2 year deal if you ain't having second thoughts about Shady. The hotseat for Shady is hotter than the bowels of Tartarus, he knows he better return to 1,000 yards rushing or the plug will be pulled.

• Like (+1) 1