When did Don Beebe become a Bills legend???

I think this is a silly thing to make a thread over. Is Beebe legendary? Had some legendary moments. I bet some people consider him to be so what’s the problem? 

You and your sensibilities couldn’t let this great injustice go unchecked? God forbid someone considered a FOOTBALL player legendary and you didn’t agree with the words to describe him. 

Gross. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I think this is a silly thing to make a thread over. Is Beebe legendary? Had some legendary moments. I bet some people consider him to be so what’s the problem? 

You and your sensibilities couldn’t let this great injustice go unchecked? God forbid someone considered a FOOTBALL player legendary and I didn’t agree with the words usage. 

Gross. 

nailed it 

Definition of legend

A story coming down from the past especially : one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He has three plays that are in highlight reels. Only one of which is a completed pass. Yes he chased down Lett but does that make him a legend? He bounced his head off the ground in what should have been ruled an interception not an incomplete pass. And yes he caught a TD in the comeback game.  

That is not a legendary career. Not even close.

Who referred to him as a legend?

He was a good player. He remains in the hearts of Bills fans because that Lett play was the kind of play Bills fandom loves, working as hard as possible regardless of the situation. It has become a symbol, and for good reason.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, skibum said:

At the time, he was the fastest white guy anyone had ever seen. I think that’s part of the legend, too.

This is 90% of his legendary status. 

In reality, he was a spectacularly mediocre WR.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

It didn’t make him a legend, but it gives him a place in my heart forever.  I love a guy who never quits.  

And there’s guys like C Newton , like the  fumble in the  SB vs Denver  

Edited by Putin

6 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

He played 9 season in NFL. 6 of them finished in Super Bowl. How many NFL legends participated in 6 SB?

hence the picture I posted.   

Beebe appeared in six Super Bowls as a player — (XXV, XXVI, XXVII and XXVIII with the Buffalo Bills; XXXI and XXXII with the Green Bay Packers) — an NFL record that he shares with former Bills teammate Mike Lodish

R-RINGS%20PIC.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He has three plays that are in highlight reels. Only one of which is a completed pass. Yes he chased down Lett but does that make him a legend? He bounced his head off the ground in what should have been ruled an interception not an incomplete pass. And yes he caught a TD in the comeback game.  

The season can't start quick enough, we are getting really bored and posting some real you what!

Take a chill pill, Ethan.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, the simple fact that you are mentioning his name 25 years after he last played for Buffalo and everyone knows who he is, what he did and what he was known for, by definition is legendary.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Is 2 catches a game and like 2 tds a year really a big part of an offense that had 4(?) hall of famers including 2 at his position? 

If he wasn’t a role player, who was?!?

Outside of buffalo and the lett family, I’d venture not terribly well known.

that play was likely legendary even if he’s not though

The op did say Bills legend, no?

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Seems like a straw man to me - arguing against a viewpoint that hasn't actually been expressed.

Where and by whom is the proclamation of Beebe as legend?

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you're white and you're the fastest guy on the field in 95% of the games you play in....you're a legend.  

It's equivalent to NASCAR if an Asian finishes in the top 5 in points. 

Well, that was easily predictable.