When did Don Beebe become a Bills legend???

His overall production was not huge but he did a lot of memorable things.  caught 4 TD's in one game, bounced off his head in a playoff game, the Leon Lett play, first ever pass was a 63 yard TD.....not sure why we have to get all butt hurt about anyone reminiscing over him.  He is/was a fan favorite even though he was not an all pro or anything.

What stands out for me concerning Beebe's time as a Bill:

--Earned the nickname "Steeler Killer" for this gem of a game on 9/8/91 (10 grabs, 112 yards, 4 TDs)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199109080buf.htm

--Infamous Leon Lett Super Bowl character/grit example--found a pretty cool random article about the impact of this play in folks' collective memories--favorite line is ''I know you won your ring in Green Bay,'' he said, ''but you won our hearts here (when you were) in Buffalo": http://chautauquasportshalloffame.org/banquet2016.pdf

https://rbj.net/2018/02/01/don-beebes-never-say-die-play-is-still-super-25-years-later/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqGNTUQSuPM

--One of the fastest 40 times ever clocked (admittedly hand-timed) at 4.21 seconds (must be truth to this however, given the amount of ground he had to reverse field on to catch Lett in time)

https://www.thesportster.com/football/fastest-forty-yard-dash-times-in-nfl-history/

--Oh by the way, dude played in 5 super bowls, would've been 6 if he hadn't broken his leg shortly before XXV. And of course he won the championship with Green Bay.

Legendary? Obviously to each their own as to how to define that based on the OP's argument, but in my book he's right there.  

• Like (+1) 1

He's not a legend. He's a notable player. Notable is just below legend on the famous scale.

What made his career notable was his speed getting down field. If it weren't for his speed, he might not even be in the NFL.

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He has three plays that are in highlight reels. Only one of which is a completed pass. Yes he chased down Lett but does that make him a legend? He bounced his head off the ground in what should have been ruled an interception not an incomplete pass. And yes he caught a TD in the comeback game.  

That is not a legendary career. Not even close.

Image result for talkin bout willis gif

3 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Screenshot_2019-06-27-07-39-35-1.png

People just ripping from FB and posting here.

6 minutes ago, teef said:

i've got your legendary right here, (pointing to my junk).

(Still looks around for T&C aka the worst mod in the history of earth).

15 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He has three plays that are in highlight reels. Only one of which is a completed pass. Yes he chased down Lett but does that make him a legend? He bounced his head off the ground in what should have been ruled an interception not an incomplete pass. And yes he caught a TD in the comeback game.  

That is not a legendary career. Not even close.

I have seen every Bills game since 1963, and I consider the Leon Lett run-down as the single most iconic play in Bills history.

While unsuccessfully attempting to chip away at the statue of a Bills hero, you have managed to define yourself.

15 hours ago, Bad Things said:

C'mon now... Beebe is more than a "role player". 

"Legend" may be too great of a term, but Beebe was a big part of the offense.  White lightning!

White lightning? 

As opposed to most lightning which is brown? ? 

Always thought Beebe waa hugely overrated.  Honestly the lett play did nothing to raise him to hero status for me.  I just remember him for having kelly's perfect bombs bounce off his hands time and time again  I used to call him to my friends "The deep threat that can't catch the long ball"

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

Always thought Beebe waa hugely overrated.  Honestly the lett play did nothing to raise him to hero status for me.  I just remember him for having kelly's perfect bombs bounce off his hands time and time again  I used to call him to my friends "The deep threat that can't catch the long ball"

So you're saying Zay Jones has a chance?  

I keed I keed 

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How old are you?  that may be why you are asking 

Don Beebe became an important part of the team (legend) nearly 20 years ago

(do  I need to state the obvious)  Beebe, Tasker, Lofton, Davis,  all legends IMO. 

Im 47. And watched all those games. Never did I think in real time was Beebe or Davis a legend.

6 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

He played 9 season in NFL. 6 of them finished in Super Bowl. How many NFL legends participated in 6 SB?

While he played on six teams that went to the super bowl, he broke his leg and did not participate in SB 32. Until two years ago the answer to the trivia question who played in the most super bowls was former Bill Mike Lodish. Some guy tied that record two years ago and broke it this year.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Im 47. And watched all those games. Never did I think in real time was Beebe or Davis a legend.

The guy who the K-Gun was named after .....   Running back Kenneth Davis emerged as a big threat off the bench, rushing for 624 yards, catching 20 passes for 118 yards, and scoring 5 touchdowns.

the K-Gun is legendary