When did Don Beebe become a Bills legend???

34 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

the night he ran down leon lett after everyone else gave up.

It didn’t make him a legend, but it gives him a place in my heart forever.  I love a guy who never quits.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

My friend -- a Giants fan -- thinks David Tyree is a legend. It's in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

By definition, Tyree is a legend. We all know his name, and instantly think of that miraculous catch in the Super Bowl. 

Well known...that's "legend".

So to call Beebe a Bills legend isn't really all that crazy really. We all know who he is, and of course he's sononomous with the Lett play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Not mad. Just don't like lazy reporting and elevating players that barely register as good to legendary status. It diminishes the truly great ones.

Who reported he is a legend?  I don't see where you are getting this from.  Does he have a reporter that's a friend out in Portland?

2 minutes ago, jabu said:

Who reported he is a legend?  I don't see where you are getting this from.  Does he have a reporter that's a friend out in Portland?

Beebe was on WGR this afternoon. May have been Tasker or Brownie.

The Lett play came up. I'm sure Beebe was exaggerating a bit, but he said it's something people bring up every day and he still receives fan mail regarding that play. Mostly Bills fans, I'm sure, if not all. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Is 2 catches a game and like 2 tds a year really a big part of an offense that had 4(?) hall of famers including 2 at his position? 

If he wasn’t a role player, who was?!?

Just wondering if you were an active fan in the years that he played here.

I'd be surprised you held these views if you were.  (I'm not being snarky... I'm just sayin')

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He has three plays that are in highlight reels. Only one of which is a completed pass. Yes he chased down Lett but does that make him a legend? He bounced his head off the ground in what should have been ruled an interception not an incomplete pass. And yes he caught a TD in the comeback game.  

That is not a legendary career. Not even close.

Did you also post this in the Bills Mafia FB page?

Or did you copy/paste?

5C5F537E-E71B-4941-9C10-C8EF23B1E6BC.jpeg

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He has three plays that are in highlight reels. Only one of which is a completed pass. Yes he chased down Lett but does that make him a legend? He bounced his head off the ground in what should have been ruled an interception not an incomplete pass. And yes he caught a TD in the comeback game.  

That is not a legendary career. Not even close.

I saw the title of the article and thought same thing

Can't buy into the legend thang.  I saw him run down by a legend:  Deion Sanders.  Sitting in the endzone in Atlanta.  Beebe is racing down left sideline with nobody within 10 yards. Then all of sudden, Sanders appears from the right on an angle, and tackles him on the 5.  It must be geometry cause it looked like a sure touchdown.  It was geometry or Deion was just faster???   I'd love to see that video.  Does anyone have their 40 times??

24 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Can't buy into the legend thang.  I saw him run down by a legend:  Deion Sanders.  Sitting in the endzone in Atlanta.  Beebe is racing down left sideline with nobody within 10 yards. Then all of sudden, Sanders appears from the right on an angle, and tackles him on the 5.  It must be geometry cause it looked like a sure touchdown.  It was geometry or Deion was just faster???   I'd love to see that video.  Does anyone have their 40 times??

They both ran a ridiculous 4.21 seconds.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Augie said:

It didn’t make him a legend, but it gives him a place in my heart forever.  I love a guy who never quits.  

I don’t know if this is coming from his interview on WGR the other day, but he is not a legend.  He’s a guy who didn’t quit though and a nice person from what I can tell.  I listened to the piece and Tasker was mentioning how he was a high school football coach, now a coach for Aurora University.  I have no idea where is Aurora, but glad he was on our team during those years just in that he wasn’t a quitter.

It was cool I believe he tied or close to Brady in he attended 6 SB, and has one ring.