When did Don Beebe become a Bills legend???

He has three plays that are in highlight reels. Only one of which is a completed pass. Yes he chased down Lett but does that make him a legend? He bounced his head off the ground in what should have been ruled an interception not an incomplete pass. And yes he caught a TD in the comeback game.  

That is not a legendary career. Not even close.

Ask the dude who knows more than Chris Brown. Im sure hed be happy to tell ya!!

Just a guy people recall fondly from the SB era. Never screwed anything up, and is the poster child for hustle while chasing down Lett. Legend is a bit much, but Topps has a series they call HOMETOWN HEROES that features the guys who were more role players than the superstars - which Bebee has been in and that, Id say, fits him to a T.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

My friend -- a Giants fan -- thinks David Tyree is a legend. It's in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

The legend of David Tyree certainly is alive and well

While he was no where close to a legendary player he is a legend because of that catch and SB victory

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He has three plays that are in highlight reels. Only one of which is a completed pass. Yes he chased down Lett but does that make him a legend? He bounced his head off the ground in what should have been ruled an interception not an incomplete pass. And yes he caught a TD in the comeback game.  

That is not a legendary career. Not even close.

What are you really mad about ? 

Talk to us there’s people here who can help you 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

C'mon now... Beebe is more than a "role player". 

"Legend" may be too great of a term, but Beebe was a big part of the offense.  White lightning!

Is 2 catches a game and like 2 tds a year really a big part of an offense that had 4(?) hall of famers including 2 at his position? 

If he wasn’t a role player, who was?!?

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

leg·end·ar·y  remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.

Outside of buffalo and the lett family, I’d venture not terribly well known.

that play was likely legendary even if he’s not though

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

My friend -- a Giants fan -- thinks David Tyree is a legend. It's in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Big difference between making a play that lead to a Super Bowl win against an undefeated team and chasing a guy down to keep the margin of loss at 35.

• Like (+1) 2