Musical Reunions You Would Like to See

5 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

The kinks over everybody 

I think it was back in January, it was announced they were reuniting and going on tour.  Kinks fans are still waiting. ☹️  

Ray played at UB a couple of years back with "The 88."  It was a great show. 

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I think it was back in January, it was announced they were reuniting and going on tour.  Kinks fans are still waiting. ☹️  

Ray played at UB a couple of years back with "The 88."  It was a great show. 

My buddy saw Ray in Ithaca. Damn come here.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:25 PM, Gugny said:

Pumping this through my Alexa as I type this.  GOLD.

It was a wonderful soporific.  

I’ve never seen such a boring performance of ersatz musicians thinking themselves meaningful for over an hour.

4 hours ago, The Senator said:

It was a wonderful soporific.  

I’ve never seen such a boring performance of ersatz musicians thinking themselves meaningful for over an hour.

Glad you liked it!!!  I listened to another hour+ of Traffic last night!

On 6/29/2019 at 11:08 PM, 707BillsFan said:

Bay City Rollers 

Their manager said in interviews all over the country that they were the next Beatles.

I'd also pay to see Ace and Peter in KISS. Otherwise, I might as well go see tribute bands.

23 hours ago, Gugny said:

You should have picked a band that's not already together and touring ...

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/45963?came_from=257

did you see the picture? 3/4 of the band don't even look like they were born when SATURDAY night came out. If that counts as BCR, then the band Axl was touring with for 15 years was GNR.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Rage Against the Machine

Kyuss

21 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Their manager said in interviews all over the country that they were the next Beatles.

I'd also pay to see Ace and Peter in KISS. Otherwise, I might as well go see tribute bands.

did you see the picture? 3/4 of the band don't even look like they were born when SATURDAY night came out. If that counts as BCR, then the band Axl was touring with for 15 years was GNR.

I was born in 1971.  The KISS glory years were right in my wheelhouse and I was a huge fan as a young lad.  After Dynasty, I was done.  Forever and to this day, done.  Other KISS lineups do absolutely nothing for me.

FINALLY ... nearly 20 years later ... Peter and Ace came back for the Psycho Circus album/tour and my dream of seeing them came true in 1998.

Unforgettable moment, for sure.  Once was good, though.  Even if they were to reunite again, I wouldn't consider buying tickets.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I was born in 1971.  The KISS glory years were right in my wheelhouse and I was a huge fan as a young lad.  After Dynasty, I was done.  Forever and to this day, done.  Other KISS lineups do absolutely nothing for me.

FINALLY ... nearly 20 years later ... Peter and Ace came back for the Psycho Circus album/tour and my dream of seeing them came true in 1998.

Unforgettable moment, for sure.  Once was good, though.  Even if they were to reunite again, I wouldn't consider buying tickets.

People who hate on KISS base their opinion on the time period from 79ish on when they essentially became a parody of themselves. They had a lot of gimmicks up to that point, but had the music to back it up.

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

People who hate on KISS base their opinion on the time period from 79ish on when they essentially became a parody of themselves. They had a lot of gimmicks up to that point, but had the music to back it up.

I agree 100%.

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Not a KISS reunion, but it's not too late to see Ace Frehley. He's got a gig at a Dodge dealership in New Jersey later this month. 

https://wdhafm.com/event/ace-frehley-live-at-nielsen-dodge-chrysler-jeep-ram/

10 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Top 5 for me, in order:

1) Zeppelin

2) Zeppelin

3) Zeppelin

4) Zeppelin

5) Zeppelin

I read rumors a while back that JPJ, Page, and Jason Bonham were looking to get together with Steven Tyler. I'd probably go, just because of Page being a bucket list thing, but I wouldn't pay too much.

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I read rumors a while back that JPJ, Page, and Jason Bonham were looking to get together with Steven Tyler. I'd probably go, just because of Page being a bucket list thing, but I wouldn't pay too much.

After their London 02 reunion, there is no doubt in my mind that Jonesy and Page were ready to put together a tour and enjoy playing some Zeppelin music again.

The guy who killed it and who will not reunite is Plant.  I personally believe this is because he has always had a giant ego and is a douche of a person IMO...and he knows better than anyone that he literally cannot sing Zeppelin music anymore.  So he doesn't want to go out there and embarrass himself.

Bonzo was such a key element to the sound of Zeppelin, and of course, he's gone now.  His son plays absolutely nothing like his father, unfortunately.  So for various reasons, Zeppelin as it was will never perform on stage again.

Having said all of the above, if JPJ and Page want to put something together and perform on stage again, I would definitely go...but it wouldn't exactly be a Zeppelin reunion.  I think that's impossible now.

10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Rush, but that's not happening as Neil is 100% done. So I'll go with Porcupine Tree as someone mentioned upthread, but that's not too likely either based on what I've read and heard from Steven Wilson.

Do you (or anyone else reading this) happen to know why Neil Peart retired?

I know the story is he is no longer physically capable of playing on a high enough level for his own satisfaction, but specifically, what is the problem?  Like does he have arthritis in his elbows or something?

I don't think I've read anything specific about what his problem is.

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Do you (or anyone else reading this) happen to know why Neil Peart retired?

I know the story is he is no longer physically capable of playing on a high enough level for his own satisfaction, but specifically, what is the problem?  Like does he have arthritis in his elbows or something?

I don't think I've read anything specific about what his problem is.

It's basically what you said above. If you watch the documentary Time Stand Still about the last tour he basically says that it's that he physically cant play Rush drum parts at his age anymore to the level he wants out of himself. He mentioned that if Rush songs required Charlie Watts style drumming then he would keep going. I also think touring is something he hated doing since the 80s and he found a way to make it manageable by riding his motorcycle between a lot of the tour stops. 

• Thank you (+1) 1