Musical Reunions You Would Like to See

37 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

OOOOOOHHHH great call on Traffic. I have a great splatter-vinyl album by Dave Mason (Alone Together) that sounds exactly like them. All the songs are great.

Hoped the 1994 'partial reunion' tour (Winwood/Capaldi but no Mason) would have yielded more music and tours, but no such luck.  Feel fortunate to have caught one date - I think it was SPAC.  Steve Winwood opening for Steely Dan at Red Rocks a few years back was pretty awesome too.  I remember Walter Becker saying something like 'you know you have made it when Steve Winwood is opening for you'  :)

On 6/27/2019 at 11:56 AM, Gugny said:

I'd also love to see Steve Winwood and Dave Mason get a band together and play nothing but Traffic tunes.

When many discuss the great bands of the late 60s/early 70s, I rarely hear Traffic mentioned.  I think they're vastly underrated and among the best of that era.  I love all of their music and would be ecstatic if these two could pull this off.

Big Traffic fan here as well... hence the avatar... saw the 94 tour at the Sundome at USF, still have the binocs I bought just for that one concert (Service Merchandise of all places).

Odd sort of story... a chick I dated in the late 80's mom dated Jim Capaldi for awhile, said he always smelled bad lol. 

If no one has seen this before I'll throw this out there, only known concert video of Traffic in their prime that I'm aware of. Anyone has something else please add.

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Big Traffic fan here as well... hence the avatar... saw the 94 tour at the Sundome at USF, still have the binocs I bought just for that one concert (Service Merchandise of all places).

Odd sort of story... a chick I dated in the late 80's mom dated Jim Capaldi for awhile, said he always smelled bad lol. 

If no one has seen this before I'll throw this out there, only known concert video of Traffic in their prime that I'm aware of. Anyone has something else please add.

Pumping this through my Alexa as I type this.  GOLD.

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Pumping this through my Alexa as I type this.  GOLD.

Not sure how the Alexa thing works... you are Watching And listening or just listening?

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

Not sure how the Alexa thing works... you are Watching And listening or just listening?

Just listening.  I pumped it via my phone, via youtube, so I could watch.  But I"m just listening.

• Like (+1) 1

The band that played the song with the line "little Willie willy won't go home"

So many one hit wonder songs from the '70's that were silly/odd and just plain bad.

P.S. Found it and more:

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That’s the musical equivalent of the board’s ‘Peter Pan’ picture.  ???

Said the closet Rollermanic who probably has tartan stashed away in their closet. Just looking for something not cliche' like Pink Floyd, that nobody would ever say. BTW...if you've had a  "Behind the Music" episode...you've made it ?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 707BillsFan said:

Said the closet Rollermanic who probably has tartan stashed away in their closet. Just looking for something not cliche' like Pink Floyd, that nobody would ever say. BTW...if you've had a  "Behind the Music" episode...you've made it ?

You should have picked a band that's not already together and touring ...

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/45963?came_from=257

• Haha (+1) 1