Musical Reunions You Would Like to See

@Gugny mentioned wanting Dennis DeYoung back with Styx. It got me thinking, what other groups where the core of the band is still alive and able to play would you like to see get back together? Either a band that's had a complete breakup, or in the case of Styx, still together, but a missing piece is still on a solo kick. My answers.

Led Zeppelin, of course with Jason on drums. 

Doug Clifford (drummer) and Stu cook (bassist) have been touring with a new (new as in 20 years, but you catch my drift) called Creedence Clearwater Revisited. I've seen them twice and they're not bad at all. But I'd love to see them put their differences aside with Fogerty for a tour. 

I've read rumors of Michael Anthony rejoining Van Halen. "Wolife" can hold his own on the bass. Playing riffs that were already written, I mean his dad is Eddie Van Halen. But people don't realize what Michael Anthony contributed in terms of backup vocals. I know it's a pipe dream, but getting both Diamond Dave and Sammy on the same tour would be awesome too.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'd pay big bucks to see Waters/Gilmour in a Floyd reunion - as long as all they played was Waters/Gilmour Floyd.

Love to see them play a full album too. Dark Side, Wall, or WYWH. Nick Mason has been touring, playing mostly early stuff from the Syd years, so he'd probably jump back on board unless there's some bad blood I'm not aware of.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'd pay big bucks to see Waters/Gilmour in a Floyd reunion - as long as all they played was Waters/Gilmour Floyd.

They kinda have..........Waters invited Gilmour on a few dates as a surprise back in 2017. CBS Sunday Morning documented it.

I saw Waters in Louisville in May 2017. Best show I've ever seen live, by far. All of Animals, most of Dark Side, a lot of Wall, and a few solo songs. The rigging and stage/arena show were unbeatable.

Edited by Seasons1992

15 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

They kinda have..........Waters invited Gilmour on a few dates as a surprise back in 2017. CBS Sunday Morning documented it.

I saw Waters in Louisville in May 2017. Best show I've ever seen live, by far. All of Animals, most of Dark Side, a lot of Wall, and a few solo songs. The rigging and stage/arena show were unbeatable.

I saw Waters do the Wall at MSG in 2010.  Phenomenal.

I'd just love to see them all together to do an entire tour.

10 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

And Live8 in 2005, which was magical albeit brief.  I believe David is not interested though.  Heck I don't even know if he has the guitars to play any more since he sold them all at Christie's Auctions earlier this month (proceeds to charity).  I'm sure he could find some, but even the black strat is now in Jim Irsay's collection (~$4 mill)

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I saw Waters do the Wall at MSG in 2010.  Phenomenal.

I'd just love to see them all together to do an entire tour.

With the passing of Rick Wright, I believe this would not ever happen.  Still nice to dream though

11 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

And Live8 in 2005, which was magical albeit brief.  I believe David is not interested though.  Heck I don't even know if he has the guitars to play any more since he sold them all at Christie's Auctions earlier this month (proceeds to charity).  I'm sure he could find some, but even the black strat is now in Jim Irsay's collection (~$4 mill)

With the passing of Rick Wright, I believe this would not ever happen.  Still nice to dream though

I'm sure he's got the money to buy close to, if not the exact same guitars. And if Irsay is truly a fan (I honestly don't know, people with money like that buy things like that for sh*ts and giggles) I'm sure he'd lend it back to him for a true (as possible) Pink Floyd reunion tour. 

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I've read rumors of Michael Anthony rejoining Van Halen. "Wolife" can hold his own on the bass. Playing riffs that were already written, I mean his dad is Eddie Van Halen. But people don't realize what Michael Anthony contributed in terms of backup vocals. I know it's a pipe dream, but getting both Diamond Dave and Sammy on the same tour would be awesome too.

I think DLR is spent.  I also think Wolfie is a joke.  The only VH reunion I want to see is Eddie, Alex, Michael and Sammy.  That's it.  And if they could pull off a tour with ONLY that lineup, I'd go in a heartbeat.

I had tickets to see them on their For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour, but was sent to night school.  I was in the Navy and missing a class was not an option.  This was in 1991 and I'm still pissed! 

Anyway ... I'll add Van Hagar to my list.

11 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm sure he's got the money to buy close to, if not the exact same guitars. And if Irsay is truly a fan (I honestly don't know, people with money like that buy things like that for sh*ts and giggles) I'm sure he'd lend it back to him for a true (as possible) Pink Floyd reunion tour. 

What Gilmour Wants, Gilmour Gets :)  (sorry Rog) 

But I'm pretty positive Gilmour wants absolutely nothing to do with a reunion tour.  Maybe just maybe we'll see a one-off again for charity though.  

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I think he would:

https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/05/23/grateful-dead-garcia-tiger-alembic-mayer-colts-irsay-weir-company/84809668/

• Like (+1) 1

Two bands pop in my mind.  Genesis and REM.

They were two of my favourite bands growing up that I never got a chance to see live.

I'd take Genesis in either form, Collins and/or Gabriel. 

I listened to Seconds Out for the first time in quite a while, the other night, and still think it's one of the best live recordings in Rock. 

I'd also love to see Steve Winwood and Dave Mason get a band together and play nothing but Traffic tunes.

When many discuss the great bands of the late 60s/early 70s, I rarely hear Traffic mentioned.  I think they're vastly underrated and among the best of that era.  I love all of their music and would be ecstatic if these two could pull this off.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'd also love to see Steve Winwood and Dave Mason get a band together and play nothing but Traffic tunes.

When many discuss the great bands of the late 60s/early 70s, I rarely hear Traffic mentioned.  I think they're vastly underrated and among the best of that era.  I love all of their music and would be ecstatic if these two could pull this off.

OOOOOOHHHH great call on Traffic. I have a great splatter-vinyl album by Dave Mason (Alone Together) that sounds exactly like them. All the songs are great.

• Like (+1) 3