Levy/Kelly ranked 8th Coach/QB duo

21 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Thurman was gouging that great defense averaging 9 yards a carry, yet only got 15 carries. Why ?

They should have run him more. Also, Norwood was more comfortable kicking long field goals from the other side of the field. They should have gotten the ball over to that side of the field. That's coaching.

I am the Walrus...

On 6/25/2019 at 11:46 PM, I am the egg man said:

Thurman was gouging that great defense averaging 9 yards a carry, yet only got 15 carries. Why ?

They should have run him more. Also, Norwood was more comfortable kicking long field goals from the other side of the field. They should have gotten the ball over to that side of the field. That's coaching.

They should have but they only had the ball 20 minutes.  All they needed to do was have one of the 6 people tackle Ingram(or was it Baker) on 3rd down.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/26/2019 at 8:51 AM, I am the egg man said:

Lot of Marvaholics. I always thought it fell on the coach, like the blame and beating McDermott gets for things that go wrong. I don't disagree with that. 

Of course, McD isn't as lovable, warm and fuzzy as old Marv seems to be to so many.

Marv went to 4 Superbowls and has an excellent win percentage. And what's more, ALL the players love him and give him tons of credit. I don't imagine any of the players on that team would allow you or anyone else to claim that Marv wasn't instrumental to the team's success. He's a hall of fame coach.

Those hating on Marv Levy are just so strange.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Those hating on Marv Levy are just so strange.

No hate for Marv. Amazing how many thin skins view a dissenting opinion as hating. 

Just think that team was so good that any average head coach would have done the same as Levy.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

No hate for Marv. Amazing how many thin skins view a dissenting opinion as hating. 

Just think that team was so good that any average head coach would have done the same as Levy.

I know, and I'm telling you none of the players would agree with you. He wasn't an average coach, he was a Hall of Fame coach.

That doesn't make me thin skinned. I'm not offended, I am expressing my opinion.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I know, and I'm telling you none of the players would agree with you. He wasn't an average coach, he was a Hall of Fame coach.

That doesn't make me thin skinned. I'm not offended, I am expressing my opinion.

Okay, you're right, I'm wrong. ?

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

They should have but they only had the ball 20 minutes.  All they needed to do was have one of the 6 people tackle Ingram(or was it Baker) on 3rd down.

Ingram tried to make it fair by hopping on one leg the last 6 yards

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

Levy didn't get the job done, doesn't belong on that list IMO.

some men totally luck out on getting gifted plum jobs

Scott Bowman was one, he was handed the SC Champion Habs and declared a genius day one

51 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Ingram tried to make it fair by hopping on one leg the last 6 yards

some men totally luck out on getting gifted plum jobs

Scott Bowman was one, he was handed the SC Champion Habs and declared a genius day one

When you win 9 cups across 3 organizations, I think it's okay that people call you that.

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

When you win 9 cups across 3 organizations, I think it's okay that people call you that.

He cakewalked into every SC winning team, Buffalo was the only honest effort he had to try his genius at

Any decent coach would have won more than he did, he lost a few SC with the easily best team on ice

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He cakewalked into every SC winning team, Buffalo was the only honest effort he had to try his genius at

Any decent coach would have won more than he did, he lost a few SC with the easily best team on ice

I don't think many folks would agree with that.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't think many folks would agree with that.

they haven't thought much about it

like Phil Jackson walking into very talented teams with a title in hand, he didn't do a darn thing useful when it wasn't MJ or Shaq/Kobe HANDED TO HIM

but it takes special skills to corral the talent and egos in superstacked title-bound teams, so that's something positive.

------------------

Parcells stole two SBs and built strong playoff teams from practically bargain basement lineups when he showed up.

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

Giants wanted it a little more

marv was totally out coached that day

...good call....unconscionable that you can go to 4 straight and not atone for your mistakes enough to win at least ONE.....

• Like (+1) 1