Jump to content
\GoBillsInDallas/

Sabres schedule released (Bills/Sabres weekends)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/schedule/2019-10-01/ET

 

9/21 Toronto @ Sabres

9/22 Cincinnati @ Bills

 

11/2 New York Islanders @ Sabres

11/3 Washington @ Bills

 

12/27 Boston @ Sabres

12/29 New York Jets @ Bills

 

 

 

Super lean this year from a double header weekend stand point. There are a couple of Monday/Tuesday games if out of towners are wanting to hold over a few days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...imagine a downtown stadium with 70,000 trying to get home and 19,000 heading for the Arena?......oh joy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...imagine a downtown stadium with 70,000 trying to get home and 19,000 heading for the Arena?......oh joy...

It can’t even handle the 19,000 🤯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

It can’t even handle the 19,000 🤯

 

...hell, for the September dates, you would probably miss Thanksgiving at the in-laws which I'm sure would really be devastating....:D

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an old movie called The Lost Weekend.  As I recall it was about a chronic alcoholic, on a weekend drunk.  Maybe prophetic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...imagine a downtown stadium with 70,000 trying to get home and 19,000 heading for the Arena?......oh joy...

 

Perhaps a "Pegula Tunnel" underground where only Sabres ticket holders could use between stadiums?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/schedule/2019-10-01/ET

 

9/21 Toronto @ Sabres

9/22 Cincinnati @ Bills

 

11/2 New York Islanders @ Sabres

11/3 Washington @ Bills

 

12/27 Boston @ Sabres

12/29 New York Jets @ Bills

 

 

 

It's not a weekend bu there is a Sunday/Monday pairing of the Bills/Eagles followed by Sabres/Coyotes. You'd think an organization called OneBuffalo would consider syncing up a few games for us ex-pat Buffalonians who come in for games.

17 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...imagine a downtown stadium with 70,000 trying to get home and 19,000 heading for the Arena?......oh joy...

 

Yeah. It would be great only having to walk a few blocks to the game.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...imagine a downtown stadium with 70,000 trying to get home and 19,000 heading for the Arena?......oh joy...

The Sabres and Bills haven't had home games on the exact same day in over a decade. I think it was a night game against the Broncos way back in 2005 or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The Sabres and Bills haven't had home games on the exact same day in over a decade. I think it was a night game against the Broncos way back in 2005 or something.

 

....but they do on this schedule and was merely posing a hypothetical relative to 70,000 leaving downtown and 19,000 coming in.....current downtown infrastructure would be tough enough with 70,000 leaving and no Sabres game.....hell, sell beers and snacks to gridlock victims and make 20 grand for the day....:thumbsup:.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

....but they do on this schedule and was merely posing a hypothetical relative to 70,000 leaving downtown and 19,000 coming in.....current downtown infrastructure would be tough enough with 70,000 leaving and no Sabres game.....hell, sell beers and snacks to gridlock victims and make 20 grand for the day....:thumbsup:.

What days to the Sabres and Bills have home games on the same day? The OP was talking about weekend double ups, not same day double ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

What days to the Sabres and Bills have home games on the same day? The OP was talking about weekend double ups, not same day double ups.

 

...my sincere apology bud...yet ANOTHER damn senior moment and you are correct....:thumbsup:.......but still imagine solely 70,000 trying to get out of a downtown stadium after a Bills game (exclude Sabres altogether)...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in town Oct 11-14 and neither team is playing at home on that Saturday or Sunday. Don't get in until after the Friday game and leaving before Monday's game. Bummer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any out of town weekends? Last year the Sabres played a Florida back to back (tampa Friday, south florida saturday) and bills/dolphins Sunday.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 9:04 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

 

It's not a weekend bu there is a Sunday/Monday pairing of the Bills/Eagles followed by Sabres/Coyotes. You'd think an organization called OneBuffalo would consider syncing up a few games for us ex-pat Buffalonians who come in for games.

Pretty sure the schedule is not determined by the Pegulas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

 

It's not a weekend bu there is a Sunday/Monday pairing of the Bills/Eagles followed by Sabres/Coyotes. You'd think an organization called OneBuffalo would consider syncing up a few games for us ex-pat Buffalonians who come in for games.

 


Well, along with the three other weekend pairings that means half of the Bills’ home games have a Sabres game on the front or back end. Is that really bad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJS said:

Pretty sure the schedule is not determined by the Pegulas.

 

They can make requests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...