Joe B’s roster of 53 prediction, one month from TC

41 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Coaching staff seems to really like him as they value high character guys.  Is useful if Daboll's game plan calls for power running depending on the matchup.  Probably has a leg up on any of the RB's or TE's that might replace him in Daboll's offense on special teams. The Bills are probably more likely they keep him than not at this point.

Core STer too. Played on all 4 units. 

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He apparently looked pretty smooth in OTAs. I’ve seen some analysts say Croom has an advantage because he has familiarity with Allen, but we will see

Croom’s advantage is Kelly Pegula 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ToddAllan said:

My choices for those last two spots would be Yeldon and Williams today. Those are two guys who may really help Allen in his second year.

Now, if we can cut DeMarco too, then we get to keep Sweeney on the roster. Again, giving Allen more weapons.

We just don't know which guys will develop chemistry with Josh yet.

Use Smith as a TE/H back, if you need that extra blocker in the running game. We used him that way in his last stint in Buffalo.

I love some of the player battles on the defensive side of the ball, but they're obviously ahead of the O in Year Three. That's why I'm leaning towards using those last few slots on offense. Now, if you ask me, I'd cut one more guy in the defensive backfield (where we're the most talented, IMO) and add one more offensive prospect. Maybe it's another O line guy, or a pass catcher, but I want to maximize the in-season competitions on offense, where possible.

Go Bills!

Mine would be Sweeney so long as he shows something in camp and pre-season and then I'd be between Williams and Johnson I think. 

Side note the Williams fetish seems to have become a fetish for Johnsons......... which is phrase I've heard somewhere else. 

52 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Coaching staff seems to really like him as they value high character guys.  Is useful if Daboll's game plan calls for power running depending on the matchup.  Probably has a leg up on any of the RB's or TE's that might replace him in Daboll's offense on special teams. The Bills are probably more likely they keep him than not at this point.

He hasn't done anything in games...

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Which is why he can go... This team doesn't need guys like him anymore. They have a foundation already.

I'm not sure I agree. I think they still need core special teamers. We lost games on teams last year. Giving away one of the few solid teams players we have doesn't strike me as a particularly wise way to start fixing that problem. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure I agree. I think they still need core special teamers. We lost games on teams last year. Giving away one of the few solid teams players we have doesn't strike me as a particularly wise way to start fixing that problem. 

He isn't solid... He can be replaced and no one would notice he was gone... Unless the guy who replaced him catches more then 1 ball and runs more then 3-4 times in a season.

23 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

He isn't solid... He can be replaced and no one would notice he was gone... Unless the guy who replaced him catches more then 1 ball and runs more then 3-4 times in a season.

He was solid on special teams. That is the point. And the fullback's main job is neither to run the ball nor catch the ball. The one thing DiMarco has done reasonably well on offense is pass block. 

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not a big fan of letting TJ Yeldon go

Depending on how they do in Trainin camp one of Duke and Sills should also be kept.......we do need size on the team

Depends on how much they plan to utilize the TEs. I don’t want to keep either of those unless they are better than the other WRs overall, regardless of being a couple inches taller. Foster is 6’2, not that small. Those two guys are like what, 6’3 or 6’4?

Edited by YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

But it may be reason why he gets another job in organization if cut.

If he gets cut I think he has a shot of getting picked up by another team, at least as a fringe guy. But yeah if the playing career doesn’t work out and the relationship does, he will have no worries.

39 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Waddle would have trade value before cutting him. 

Bengals for sure 

4 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Is that what they're calling 1 career sack after 31 NFL games played these days?

Oh didn't know pressures don't make a difference genius. Watching game play is different then stats, players can make a difference without homers just looking at stats