Frank Gore, not LeSean McCoy given odds for rushing title

HOUSE

i actually like that they did this. you just know that, if Shady is on the team opening day, he is going to have one hell of a chip on his shoulder. i like the thought of a pissed off Shady running the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Shady isn't finished; That's ridiculous. Last year, there was no hole to run through, almost ridiculous. It should be way different now with the new OLinemen. The coaches must know if he's lost a step in practice. All else is wasted talk. I get that he eats a lot of t he cap but besides that, play the man! With Gore it's gonna be a dynamic duo. And both can pass block and catch as receivers too. And... injuries happen.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, bmur66 said:

The more I think about it maybe the oddsmakers think Shady may be gone before the season starts ?

Wouldn't be shocked either but on the other hand the now crowded backfield and McCoy being in the last year of his deal might be a large enough motivator for him to come to camp very determined and prepared.  It'll be interesting for sure. 

Devin Singletary would be my Bills play.  No one saw Kareem Hunt or Kamara being top NFL backs rookie year.  Devin has that kind of ability.   "Funnest player to scout in draft".  Singletary will be a big part of Buffalo's offensive resurgence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Devin Singletary would be my Bills play.  No one saw Kareem Hunt or Kamara being top NFL backs rookie year.  Devin has that kind of ability.   "Funnest player to scout in draft".  Singletary will be a big part of Buffalo's offensive resurgence.

I agree Pete.

I think that by the time we get into the second half of the season Singletary will be the lead back in this backfield.  Give him a few weeks to get in there on a limited basis and learn the ropes, work on pass protection, learn the offense, and get used to NFL game speed.  What better situation can a young back be in than to come into a RB room with Shady and Gore in it and no need or expectation to produce Week 1.  I expect Daboll will bring him along slowly and then let him loose over the second half of the season.  I think he is going to surprise some people this year.

I love the ironman Gore narrative but it's really hard to believe. Hell it's unprecedented at his age. I'd put money on Singletary leading the team in rushing this year, presumably piling up most yards after one of the old dudes gets hurt.

Edited by Nelius

Shady will get 1000 yards. Barring injury and assuming they keep Perry for special teams, then Yeldon will be cut and Singletary will not dress.

Not sure why people think Gore is a better locker room presence than McCoy. 

Also not sure why people keeping bringing up McCoy salary. They are still millions under the cap this year. 

Singletary is getting reps now because they are being smart with the reps. Shady and Gore probably will only dress for the third preseason game and may not even get a single carry.

On 6/25/2019 at 6:01 AM, teef said:

i'm good with this.  i don't care where the yards come from, i'd just love to see a more productive backfield.

Exactly.  I love Shady as a player.  He's a team first guy.  He rarely complains.  He supports other players.  And I think he's still an elusive running back.

But I'm far more a Bills fan than a Shady fan.   I don't care who's getting the yards if we're moving the ball down  the field and scoring.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Lol, this is nonsense, pal. Enjoy your trolling....

And that post and the one that spawned it are not?  

Roger

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's not like the Bills had any decent QB options to draft the year before.

Hence my strategy.   

Absolutely no one can make a reasonable argument that the offense would have been any worse had we kept Taylor for one more season.  

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Exactly.  I love Shady as a player.  He's a team first guy.  He rarely complains.  He supports other players.  And I think he's still an elusive running back.

But I'm far more a Bills fan than a Shady fan.   I don't care who's getting the yards if we're moving the ball down  the field and scoring.  

...AS LONG AS Allen is not our leading rusher.....prefer him as our long term answer versus a gurney candidate.....

On 6/25/2019 at 9:07 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Gore's face in the photo above looks like my face when I'm power walking to the bathroom because it's coming and I'm holding it as much as I can.....

the face of grim determination ?

On 6/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, NewDayBills said:

I don't think there is room for both Gore and Shady. I give the edge to Gore because: 1.) He is locked in at a team friendly price. 2.) He is a freak. 

Shady is making 6.5 million IIRC. Sure we can hold him until the last minute and see if he returns to form, but once again he has to dominate camp I believe. Singletary is a lock and Yeldon is a great 3rd RB whom is locked in on a 2 year deal for basically nothing, which is appealing because I think we're really driving down the cost of our backfield and taking a RB by committee approach but once again if McCoy has a great camp my whole theory is turned upside down. 

And yet i find them perfect compliments.
Gore gets the tough yards and can catch. Shady keeps defenses honest horizontally ,can catch run like heck

Singletary will be the guy i want to succeed for Bills future state. has great mentors thats for sure : ) 

On 6/25/2019 at 7:10 AM, Ronin said:

Except for Allen.  Don't like seeing that too much.  Not if we want him around for the long haul.  

Meh. I think I'm the only fan who doesn't care about this. Let the kid run as much as he wants.

Most QB's get hurt IN the pocket. Allen got hurt IN the pocket last year. You're a sitting duck in the pocket. At least as a runner you are focused on your surrounding and can react to defenders running at you. As long as he's sliding and going out of bounds, I couldn't care less. In fact I'm looking forward to him zipping past Kiko this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/27/2019 at 2:47 PM, MJS said:

Meh. I think I'm the only fan who doesn't care about this. Let the kid run as much as he wants.

Most QB's get hurt IN the pocket. Allen got hurt IN the pocket last year. You're a sitting duck in the pocket. At least as a runner you are focused on your surrounding and can react to defenders running at you. As long as he's sliding and going out of bounds, I couldn't care less. In fact I'm looking forward to him zipping past Kiko this year.

Well, I guess that's one perspective, but if that running comes at the expense of not seeing receivers that can otherwise take the punishment instead of your QB it's a questionable one at the very minimum, eh.  

4 hours ago, Ronin said:

Well, I guess that's one perspective, but if that running comes at the expense of not seeing receivers that can otherwise take the punishment instead of your QB it's a questionable one at the very minimum, eh.  

Or he'll take punishment in the pocket after he releases the football. Which happens all the time.

Ultimately football is just a punishing sport, no matter what position you play. Allen is going to get hit no matter how he plays.

• Like (+1) 1