Frank Gore, not LeSean McCoy given odds for rushing title

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

d'oh, beat me to it.

Personally, I think Shady is going to have a nice comeback year. I'm saying top 8 for RB total combined yards. 

My point is that we get it, you can stop now.  In a thread about whether or not Gore is going to miraculously win the rushing title, you have 4 (of just 16!) posts about Allen.  What was it called when medieval knights went off to retake the holy land?

Here's an idea, talk to the people that keep asking me questions and commenting on the topics that you don't want to read.  ... then ironically start in with the personal attacks and slam me if I don't respond to them for whatever reason.  Make sense?  Really, does it make sense?  If not, not sure what to tell you.  

But wait, here's another novel idea since you're tired of reading my stuff, put me on ignore.  There are a lot of them here.  Really.  I'll be quite content.  I don't have much patience for people that complain about things that they have it 100% within their control to change.  So ....?  

Really, it's easy.  Go to your control panel, click on "Ignored Users," and put my name in there.  Take you maybe 20 seconds if you're slow.  

Edited by Ronin

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Gore's face in the photo above looks like my face when I'm power walking to the bathroom because it's coming and I'm holding it as much as I can.....

Sure, the "dump sweats."

Let it be known that I have been saying Frank Gore will be amazing, since we signed him. I'll die on that sword this year.

24 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Here's an idea, talk to the people that keep asking me questions and commenting on the topics that you don't want to read.  ... then ironically start in with the personal attacks and slam me if I don't respond to them for whatever reason.  Make sense?  Really, does it make sense?  If not, not sure what to tell you.  

But wait, here's another novel idea since you're tired of reading my stuff, put me on ignore.  There are a lot of them here.  Really.  I'll be quite content.  I don't have much patience for people that complain about things that they have it 100% within their control to change.  So ....?  

Really, it's easy.  Go to your control panel, click on "Ignored Users," and put my name in there.  Take you maybe 20 seconds if you're slow.  

• Haha (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

12 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I'd like to have a team that leads the league in passing instead of rushing.

56 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Another idea is for you to stay on topic in a thread.  You know like a competent adult.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

I could, and that would make the board easier to read for me.  Or you could just follow the rules and make everyone's life just a little more pleasant.  Sometimes you have interesting things to say.  But lately it's been the same post over and over.  Think about it. :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Another idea is for you to stay on topic in a thread.  You know like a competent adult.

Again, I respond to posters.  Try asking them.  Complicated concept?  

And again, funny, if I don't respond then I'm "shying away from having to take on the 'tough challenges'" as has even recently been cited.  

You really can't make this stuff up.  It's pretty funny too, threads typically go off the rails on topic fairly soon on a regular basis.  Funny that you cite me for actually trying to talk about the team when those threads quite often go off the rails in violations of the ToS and laden with little more than personal insult exchanges and the like.  I try to avoid those.  

Now, unless you have something about the team to discuss ... 

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I could, and that would make the board easier to read for me.  Or you could just follow the rules and make everyone's life just a little more pleasant.  Sometimes you have interesting things to say.  But lately it's been the same post over and over.  Think about it. :thumbsup:

OK, so you're saying that I should avoid people commenting directly to me then? 

Noted.  One vote for that.  

Funny tho, here today recently I've been charged with not doing that.  

I guess sometimes you just can't win, huh.  ;) 

Edited by Ronin

3 hours ago, Ronin said:

It needs to happen when receivers really aren't open, not with one or two open in the flats or on the wings but Allen just doesn't see them because he was too busy looking downfield for the big play.  

He's really going to have to make a huge mental effort to look for those high-percentage passes this season, but again, not at the expense of receivers downfield where the throws truly would be good ones.  It's a taller order than everyone seems to think.  Here's hoping.  

Ever notice how Ronin will turn any thread into an excuse to bash Allen?

Edited by Rocky Landing

I don't think there is room for both Gore and Shady. I give the edge to Gore because: 1.) He is locked in at a team friendly price. 2.) He is a freak. 

Shady is making 6.5 million IIRC. Sure we can hold him until the last minute and see if he returns to form, but once again he has to dominate camp I believe. Singletary is a lock and Yeldon is a great 3rd RB whom is locked in on a 2 year deal for basically nothing, which is appealing because I think we're really driving down the cost of our backfield and taking a RB by committee approach but once again if McCoy has a great camp my whole theory is turned upside down. 

Gore needs, I think, 522 yards to become the number three all time rusher. You can bet he’s going to be fighting for those yards. 

I dont see Ceasars leaving Shady off the betting line as a snub, or an assumption on their part that Gore will get more yards than Shady. I see it more as an indication of the uncertainty of Shady’s upcoming season. He’s just too hard to predict. He could rush for 1,000, or he could rush for 100. There are too many variables. Sports books don’t like that. 

And, make no mistake— the Gore line is a sucker bet. There are a lot of Gore fans out there, from all around the country, all wishing he will have a great season. A perfect underdog to get people donating money to the Ceasar’s Palace Sports  Book. 

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, teef said:

it's going to happen, but i don't want it happening as much as it did last year.  

I see more designed runs, but fewer "oh schitt" runs because the OL let through a jailbreak and we had Kelvin Benjamin and Charles "my knees hurt" Clay loafing around the place.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

OK, so you're saying that I should avoid people commenting directly to me then? 

Noted.  One vote for that.  

Funny tho, here today recently I've been charged with not doing that.  

I guess sometimes you just can't win, huh.  ;) 

Lol, this is nonsense, pal. Enjoy your trolling....

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Gore's face in the photo above looks like my face when I'm power walking to the bathroom because it's coming and I'm holding it as much as I can.....

as long as it's not the face if you don't make it..

4 hours ago, Ronin said:

ROFLMAO  

Come on now ... everyone reading this is cringing upon your asking.  ;) 

To summarize, I wouldn't have drafted him, waaay too risky.  

And again, it comes down to strategies.  Last season we had 6 day 1 & 2 picks that were turned into three players, two of which we could have had with two picks, meaning that the net on that draft was four picks for Allen.  I've already stated that my methodology would have been different than the team's.  

I'd have drafted Edmunds at 12th, Wynn at 22nd.  I was fine with Phillips, whom I think will be better than Oliver to whatever extent that may be for either of them, but I'd have gone with more of a pass-rusher probably a little bit earlier in the draft.  

This year I'd have taken Hilliard first, then Risner.  At that point we'd have had a young OL but a promising one with Dawkins, Hilliard, Risner, and Wynn.  

I'd have then taken Lock this year.  

I'm simply not seeing much progress, nowhere near what most people are claiming for this team.  The rankings of the offenses are worse than they've been since the Jauron days and other for a deceptively high ranking in yardage D our D hasn't improved over recent years either.  Our Red Zone D and game metrics are among the worst in the league.  

Either you are, or you’re related to Jrober.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ronin said:

ROFLMAO  

Come on now ... everyone reading this is cringing upon your asking.  ;) 

To summarize, I wouldn't have drafted him, waaay too risky.  

And again, it comes down to strategies.  Last season we had 6 day 1 & 2 picks that were turned into three players, two of which we could have had with two picks, meaning that the net on that draft was four picks for Allen.  I've already stated that my methodology would have been different than the team's.  

I'd have drafted Edmunds at 12th, Wynn at 22nd.  I was fine with Phillips, whom I think will be better than Oliver to whatever extent that may be for either of them, but I'd have gone with more of a pass-rusher probably a little bit earlier in the draft.  

This year I'd have taken Hilliard first, then Risner.  At that point we'd have had a young OL but a promising one with Dawkins, Hilliard, Risner, and Wynn.  

I'd have then taken Lock this year.  

I'm simply not seeing much progress, nowhere near what most people are claiming for this team.  The rankings of the offenses are worse than they've been since the Jauron days and other for a deceptively high ranking in yardage D our D hasn't improved over recent years either.  Our Red Zone D and game metrics are among the worst in the league.  

It's not like the Bills had any decent QB options to draft the year before.