Frank Gore, not LeSean McCoy given odds for rushing title

Image result for frank gore

Oddsmakers at Caesears Palace in Las Vegas dropped an interesting concept recently when releasing their odds on the 2019 NFL’s rushing leader.

One Buffalo Bills running back is given very long odds. LeSean McCoy? Nope. The oddsmakers believe Frank Gore was worthy of a look, while McCoy was not. Only Gore was given odds to win the title, Shady isn’t listed.

While the sports books might be giving Gore a look over McCoy, it’s not much. Gore’s 250/1 odds are the highest among any running back in the NFL. It’s interesting that McCoy is snubbed from this list, though. On paper, he appears to be the Bills’ No. 1 back heading into this season.

Inside info?

Perhaps not as McCoy is off a 514 rushing-yard season and produced 722 last year.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/24/buffalo-bills-frank-gore-not-lesean-mccoy-odds-rushing-title/

8 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm good with this.  i don't care where the yards come from, i'd just love to see a more productive backfield.

Except for Allen.  Don't like seeing that too much.  Not if we want him around for the long haul.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Except for Allen.  Don't like seeing that too much.  Not if we want him around for the long haul.  

it's going to happen, but i don't want it happening as much as it did last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

it's going to happen, but i don't want it happening as much as it did last year.  

It needs to happen when receivers really aren't open, not with one or two open in the flats or on the wings but Allen just doesn't see them because he was too busy looking downfield for the big play.  

He's really going to have to make a huge mental effort to look for those high-percentage passes this season, but again, not at the expense of receivers downfield where the throws truly would be good ones.  It's a taller order than everyone seems to think.  Here's hoping.  

Edited by Ronin

10 minutes ago, Ronin said:

It needs to happen when receivers really aren't open, not with one or two open in the flats or on the wings but Allen just doesn't see them because he was too busy looking downfield for the big play.  

He's really going to have to make a huge mental effort to look for those high-percentage passes this season, but again, not at the expense of receivers downfield where the throws truly would be good ones.  It's a taller order than everyone seems to think.  Here's hoping.  

I'm okay with him running if he doesn't take hits....he actually goes down.

Like you, I don't want him to just take off running at any sign of pressure.  If he's sitting in the pocket and our interior lineman just blow up the middle (we paid top dollar for Morse) and there is just a huge opening...that's okay to take.  I mean, I've seen Tom Brady scramble for 15 yards because the Red Sea parted in front of him.  

It feels like McDermott is setting up a running back by committee approach this year,  but I also get the sense that he will go with the hot hand.  If McCoy comes out smoking hot he will get a lot of carries.  Same applies to Yeldon and Gore.

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Like you, I don't want him to just take off running at any sign of pressure.  If he's sitting in the pocket and our interior lineman just blow up the middle (we paid top dollar for Morse) and there is just a huge opening...that's okay to take.  I mean, I've seen Tom Brady scramble for 15 yards because the Red Sea parted in front of him.  

Exactly!  

And frankly, his rushing game should "supplement" his passing game.  It's his passing game, which needs major help, that's going to distinguish him as a passer, whether it's an average passer, a franchise QB passer, whatever.  The rushing will be secondary if not tertiary even.  Throwing the ball away when warranted may be a better option than taking off.  

BTW, love your avatar/name.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Last year was a real; aberration, it was the perfect formula for Allen to run.  A porous offensive line, sub par receivers, he wont (hopefully) have those issue this year.   His big runs come on unscripted, broken plays.  He wont have the same "excuses" to take off like he did last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

How do you feel about Josh Allen?

• Haha (+1) 1

I would venture to say that the Vegas oddsmakers, like myself, think that it is likely that Shady will miss a number of games again due to injury.

It's not that Gore is better than him at this time, or will play more,

it's just that I can't see McCoy with enough rushes to win the title.

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

How do you feel about Josh Allen?

ROFLMAO  

Come on now ... everyone reading this is cringing upon your asking.  ;) 

To summarize, I wouldn't have drafted him, waaay too risky.  

And again, it comes down to strategies.  Last season we had 6 day 1 & 2 picks that were turned into three players, two of which we could have had with two picks, meaning that the net on that draft was four picks for Allen.  I've already stated that my methodology would have been different than the team's.  

I'd have drafted Edmunds at 12th, Wynn at 22nd.  I was fine with Phillips, whom I think will be better than Oliver to whatever extent that may be for either of them, but I'd have gone with more of a pass-rusher probably a little bit earlier in the draft.  

This year I'd have taken Hilliard first, then Risner.  At that point we'd have had a young OL but a promising one with Dawkins, Hilliard, Risner, and Wynn.  

I'd have then taken Lock this year.  

I'm simply not seeing much progress, nowhere near what most people are claiming for this team.  The rankings of the offenses are worse than they've been since the Jauron days and other for a deceptively high ranking in yardage D our D hasn't improved over recent years either.  Our Red Zone D and game metrics are among the worst in the league.  

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Gore's face in the photo above looks like my face when I'm power walking to the bathroom because it's coming and I'm holding it as much as I can.....

That's Taco Tuesday face.

Edited by Tenhigh

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Taco Syndrome..........

d'oh, beat me to it.

Personally, I think Shady is going to have a nice comeback year. I'm saying top 8 for RB total combined yards. 

9 minutes ago, Ronin said:

ROFLMAO  

Come on now ... everyone reading this is cringing upon your asking.  ;) 

To summarize, I wouldn't have drafted him, waaay too risky.  

And again, it comes down to strategies.  Last season we had 6 day 1 & 2 picks that were turned into three players, two of which we could have had with two picks, meaning that the net on that draft was four picks for Allen.  I've already stated that my methodology would have been different than the team's.  

I'd have drafted Edmunds at 12th, Wynn at 22nd.  I was fine with Phillips, whom I think will be better than Oliver to whatever extent that may be for either of them, but I'd have gone with more of a pass-rusher probably a little bit earlier in the draft.  

This year I'd have taken Hilliard first, then Risner.  At that point we'd have had a young OL but a promising one with Dawkins, Hilliard, Risner, and Wynn.  

I'd have then taken Lock this year.  

I'm simply not seeing much progress, nowhere near what most people are claiming for this team.  The rankings of the offenses are worse than they've been since the Jauron days and other for a deceptively high ranking in yardage D our D hasn't improved over recent years either.  Our Red Zone D and game metrics are among the worst in the league.   

My point is that we get it, you can stop now.  In a thread about whether or not Gore is going to miraculously win the rushing title, you have 4 (of just 16!) posts about Allen.  What was it called when medieval knights went off to retake the holy land?

• Thank you (+1) 2